• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kh hearts boss battles

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
What are your favorite boss fights?
What are the worst?
Who is the hardest to beat and who is the easiest?

List your best and worst kh bosses (by game or for the entire series).

Let's talk bosses. You can even include bosses you think should have been.

GonaldDoofy

Awards
Favorite and least favorite boss fights by game (though KH 1, 2, and 3 are the only ones I remember well):

KH1
Favorite: Darkside, Guard Armor, Chernabog, Riku-Ansem, Ansem (second fight), Kurt Zisa, Xemnas (even though I've never beaten him)
Least favorite: Trickmaster, Clayton/Stealth Sneak, Cave of Wonders Guardian, Ursula (first fight), Anti-Sora

CoM
Favorite: Axel, Riku Replica, Marluxia (first fight)
Least favorite: most of the repeat bosses, i.e. Disney villains from KH1

KH2
Favorite: Axel, Shan-Yu, Shadow Stalker/Dark Thorn, Pete, Scar, The Experiment, Roxas, Marluxia, Xemnas (first fight), Sephiroth, Lingering Will
Least favorite: Genie-Jafar, Oogie Boogie, Grim Reaper, Zexion, Demyx, Luxord, Xigbar

BBS
Favorite: Spirit of the Magic Mirror, Lucifer, Dragon-Maleficent, Captain Hook, Terra-Xehanort
Least favorite: Wheel Master, Trinity Armor, Braig, Experiment 221, Vanitas

DDD
Favorite: Hockomonkey, Wargoyle, Rinzler, Ansem (second fight), Armored Ventus Nightmare
Least favorite: Holey Moley, Chernabog (barely a boss), Anti Black Coat

KH3
Favorite: Ice Titan/Lava Titan, Angelic Amber, King of Toys, Marshmallow, Davy Jones, Anti-Aqua, Vanitas, Ansem/Xemnas/Young Xehanort, Armored Xehanort, Master Xehanort (final fight)
Least favorite: Tornado Titan, Dark Baymax, any of the Gummi bosses, final ship battle in the Caribbean (not the Kraken fight, the one with the boss ship and several other ships), also didn't like how many of the final bosses, while still fun, had to be fought together (except Ansem/Xemnas/Young Xehanort, which was awesome)

Last edited:

WhinyAcademic

Awards
KHI - Chernabog, Ice Titan, Ansem (especially phase 2 inside the Destiny Islands), Xemnas
COM - Marluxia final form
KHII - Scar, Hades, Final Fantasy Four, Xemnas (cursed foooools stage), Roxas, Lingering Will
Days - Xion final form, Saïx
BBS - Magic Mirror, Captain Hook, Monstro, Young Xehanort, Terra-Xehanort (Final Boss), Dark Hide, Vanitas finale, Master Xehanort
3D - Xemnas, Rinzler, Chernabog
0.2 - Demon Tide Final boss
III - Titans, Sköll, Davy Jones, Xehanort Court

Least favorites:

KH1 - Cerberus
COM - Vexen
KH2 - Demyx, Beast’s Castle Boss at the end of first visit, Hydra
BBS - Peter Pan
3D - Wargoyle
III - Marluxia+Luxord+Larxene

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
KH1
Favorite: Trickmaster, Glut the shark, Ursula (both, but especially the Giant battle), Oogie (both times), Maleficent Dragon, Hades, Cerberus, Squall & Cloud in the tournament, Riku (in the Grand Hall), Riku-Ansem, Chernabog, Phantom, Kurt Zisa, Ice Titan, Guard and Opposite Armor, Parasite Cage, Pot Centipede, Stealth Sneak, Cave of Wonders
Least Favorite: Jafar (both times were a letdown), Maleficent (when she’s flying on the platform is also a letdown, but not as much as Jafar), Rock Titan, Ansem SOD (any form, he’s just annoying to fight, not even really that hard)

CoM
Favorite: Larxene, Hades, Hook, Riku Replica. I enjoy most of the battles, but they don't really stand out as much because of the cards, imo.
Least Favorite: Zexion, Lexaeus, Ansem SOD

KH2
Favorite: Shan-Yu, Pete (in Timeless River), Scar, The Experiment, Oogie, the tournament round with all the FF characters, both of the TRON bosses, Sephiroth, the 1000 Heartless fight if that counts
Least Favorite: Xemnas (including the dragon ship thing, hate that), Grim Reaper, Zexion, Demyx, Luxord, Xigbar, Xaldin, Marluxia, Roxas, Axel, Lingering Will, the thing that attacks the Pride Lands during the 2nd visit, the Hydra (what a letdown, imo).

Days (I can’t remember all the bosses very clearly, just mentioning the few that come to mind)
Favorite: Saix, Darkside, Xion
Least Favorite: Infernal Engine, Ruler of the Sky

BBS
Favorite: The Magic Mirror, Lucifer, the evil Pumpkin Carriage, Dragon-Maleficent, Captain Hook, possessed Zack, Monstro, Iron Imprisoner (I think that's what it's called)
Least Favorite: Trinity Armor, Master Xehanort, Braig (at the end), all of the secret bosses

Re:Coded
Favorite: Data Roxas, Cerberus, Data Riku, Sora's Darkside

DDD
Favorite: Spellican, Rinzler, Ansem (second fight), the final CotM fight with the Beagle Boys and Pete, the Lobster thing at PP. Most of the Dream Eater bosses are fine.
Least Favorite: The Red-Eyed thing Riku fights in TWTNW, Ansem SOD (my reaction every time is NOT THIS GUY AGAIN), Chernabog (would’ve much rather fought him than a Dive-esque sequence), Young Xehanort (I remember once playing this on Criticial and fighting him around 30 times without dying but not able to get the battle over with either, jeez; I still sort of like it…), Nightmare Ventus

KH3
Favorite: All of the Titan battles, Marshmallow, the Ice Wolf, Davy Jones, all the ship battles, I enjoyed most of the KG multi-battles
Least Favorite: Armored Xehanort and Master Xehanort (the final boss), Gothel’s Heartless

Bosses that should've been (of characters who actually appeared): The Evil Queen, Frollo, Hans, Gothel, Pain and Panic, Vanessa (too bad KH2 Atlantica was a musical). There are other characters for old worlds that didn't happen, but I still believe can possibly happen in the future (Gaston, the Cyclops, the Centaur, Zurg, Cobra Jafar, etc.)

Last edited:
Back