• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH: FM+ Secret video: past or Present

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Prophet Ex

Would someone please clarify for me whether the video takes place in the past or the present? I can't see how it could take place in the past, but everywhere I look, it seems to be an already agreed upon thing. Why is this? Why??

The Prophet Ex

Ok, but (and this is my main point) Riku's Way to Dawn keyblade was in the original secret video with the three knights. The one that the player received from the original KH2. I assume the two videos are connected, I don't think anyone would disagee. So, how is Riku's Way to Dawn Keyblade there if it is set in the past? It can't, can it?

Dsandrcok

in my opinion the way of dawn is just another keyblade like the kingdom key that someone else had and past down to Riku.

r0x45

there's a video floating around about xehanort's past in the chamber of sleeping he is in there's the armor of the female knight in the room so it obviously can't be the future but this past is crucial to how the story works like why xehanort does what he does oh and i think the keyblades just foreshadow riku, mickey, and sora

The Prophet Ex

Ok, first:
in my opinion the way of dawn is just another keyblade like the kingdom key that someone else had and past down to Riku.
I disagree. My arguement is based off how Riku's keyblade sort've grew with him. I mean, in CoM, Riku mainly fought with his dark blade, the one he used in KH. The Way to Dawn only came into being after CoM, meaning it couldn't've been passed down, like Sora's Kingdom Key. At least, that's my take.

Second:
there's a video floating around about xehanort's past in the chamber of sleeping he is in there's the armor of the female knight in the room so it obviously can't be the future but this past is crucial to how the story works like why xehanort does what he does oh and i think the keyblades just foreshadow riku, mickey, and sora
I've heard about the video. I thought it was Xemnas in it, though, and second, it doesn't have to be the past just b/c of that video. The lady in the sleeping armor could be doing just that, sleeping, until she waks up and starts battling the UEM.

Third:
It takes place in the past, but is also connected to the future.
What does this even mean??? All of the past is connected to the future, I know that, because the past has to happen for there to be a present and a future! And what's your argument for it taking place in the past?

Fourth:
both in the past and the future
I don't even know that this mean. The past cannot happen at the same time as the future. This is an oxymoron.

D

Deleted member 36435

People say it takes places in the past, and agree upon this because in an interview Tetsuya Nomura states,"It is in the past but can also be thought of in the future." or something along those lines.

The Prophet Ex

way to the dawn came to riku because he had prooven that he had a heart strong enough to wield the keyblade
So your saying the keyblade popped out of a keyblade archive or something? I mean, what do we really know about the keyblades and where they come from? I mean, come to think of it, where did Sora's keyblade come from? The crossroads pictured in the video, where it was just lying about, and suddenly thinks to itself "Well, gee, theres a keyblade master out there, I think I'll go find him!" Are these keyblades sentient? I mean, we know they choose a master, I mean, how do they function? They base their 'reasoning,' for lack of a better word, on someone's heart?

People say it takes places in the past, and agree upon this because in an interview Tetsuya Nomura states,"It is in the past but can also be thought of in the future." or something along those lines.
ok, so your argument is saying that "Tetsura said it, so it must be true." However, I find his statement rather ambiguous, wouldn't you agree? "It is in the past but can be thought of in the future?" Do you happen to have the exact words, I find that a little confusing, is he saying it can be interpreted both ways, because in that case, we're back to square one.

Holy Oblivion

In my opinion, I think it's around the time that Mickey started exploring the worlds. I think he got that Key from Yen Sid and then began with that key before getting the golden Kingdom Key. Who knows, maybe those knights (Chasers) were there years and YEARS ago, and it's just showing Mickey getting there in the future. After all, he did send Riku, Sora, and Kairi a message at the end of KH2. Maybe he wanted to bring them to the place where the Knights use to be, to try and figure out something. Also, in the small speach of the Knight boss in KH2: FM+, he mentions the name Xeonhart, and then gets pissed off. That would mean he would have already had to have known him. Perhaps the portal you go through in Disney Castle leads to like, the past or something like that. Take in the fact that Xigbar said that Sora didn't "look like half the heroes the others were". This would mean there were Keybladers before him. And also, in KH1, they mentioned the Keyblade as a saviour, and a weapon of chaos. Maybe what happened in that movie is what everyone was saying about that, chaos and salvation. My opinion is that it happened in the past, but maybe some of the knights come back or something. I'll have more theories of this if you're interested, in the future.

Chazmoe

Well it could kinda be ether way. I think I noteced a little rust on the ones they picked up. Also one takes Mickeys keyblade and at the the end of the vid he uses a different one. I don't really know. my geuss is furture.

Gabranth

Awards
The lady in the sleeping armor could be doing just that, sleeping, until she waks up and starts battling the UEM. .

There is no one in the armor, it's just the armor and the female knight's keyblade. I also think that the actual event takes place in the past but also in the future. A while ago vulcrypt made a theory about the event being a reanactment of the past by using the white rooms. So the event could take place in the past, but also in the future in that the reliving of the event through the white rooms takes place in the future.

Owaz

There is no one in the armor, it's just the armor and the female knight's keyblade. I also think that the actual event takes place in the past but also in the future. A while ago vulcrypt made a theory about the event being a reanactment of the past by using the white rooms. So the event could take place in the past, but also in the future in that the reliving of the event through the white rooms takes place in the future.

A better possibility is that it's a reenactment of what Mickey's letter has written on it. After all, he was there to witness the event when it happened. And Nomura did say if given the chance, he'd like to show what is written on the letter.

The Prophet Ex

The exact quote from Tetsura is...
Did that scene happen in the future or in the past?
I would at least say it's an episode in the past, but.... Hmm, how should I say this? It's in the past but you can also think it's in the future, something like that.

Hmm. So it does seem to be in the past...sort've. You can think of it in the future. So, is he saying that I'm right, thinking it could be in the future, but everyone else (aka, all the people who think it happens in the past) are also right. Isn't that kind've oxymoronic. Anyway, thank you Owaz for the article, that's what I was looking for. Still, the article doesn't provide a concrete answer. In fact, I'm not sure how to take it.

I also think that the actual event takes place in the past but also in the future. A while ago vulcrypt made a theory about the event being a reanactment of the past by using the white rooms. So the event could take place in the past, but also in the future in that the reliving of the event through the white rooms takes place in the future.
The actual event is referring to the battle itself, correct? Hmmm....a reanactment of the past using the white rooms. That is interesting. A couple of questions directed towards this theory:
1) Why would someone want to reanact this event?
2) Who would reanact this event? Who would think to?
A better possibility is that it's a reenactment of what Mickey's letter has written on it. After all, he was there to witness the event when it happened. And Nomura did say if given the chance, he'd like to show what is written on the letter.
Interesting theory. So Mickey was telling Sora to reanact the scene, perhaps? Telling him to go to the white rooms and reanact the battle?

Owaz

Nomura says you can think it's in the future. That doesn't literally mean it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back