• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Fans what are your plans for the future of the franchise? and Will you move on or stay till the end?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Guernsey

Awards
I will probably keep playing Kingdom Hearts but I will probably fall out of love for series at some point. Despite this I hope to see what experiments the series will come up with next.

PStuder12321

But they probably will, they are using a smart method mostly used by companies, and this method is basically like this (in video games ofc)

“they give you plenty of unanswered questions,
Those unanswered questions will be answered one by one, but at the same time the unanswered questions will increase, and by that time you would’ve already known about the old information but you still want more answers for the new ones, which will get answered one by one yet again, but at the same time the questions will keep doubling”

a never ending system just to keep you captivated and interested in the story,

tbh that’s a smart method video game company’s tend to use often, so it’s not really a new thing.

That method is fine, and also sometihng I loved about KH. I loved all the story and things i had to learn and the excitment of needing questions answered. Thats not what i was referring to. I spent dang... YEARS replying games piecing things together talking to others about the story, no... thats a great part about KH.. I was referring to the seperation.. KH3 got HUGE negative reviews cause what they did to kairi and sora AGAIN. I love the series but they lost a lot of fans because of that... If they continue to keep up the seperation theme and not move on from that point, the series will die and it will be hard for a lot of die hard fans to continue caring or supporting the seires. with that said. as I've said in other posts through the forums. if they build it up to break the chain of seperation and move KH4 into a SKR game and start keeping the trio together not only will the seires flourish but it will have SOOO much it can do with that.

2 quid is good

Awards
I gave a pretty flippant comment here at first so I think I should probably give a more in depth response.

I am super tired of constantly being shown my carrot on a stick and never getting to eat it.

It's now to the point, where I just really don't care for the direction KH seems to be heading at all. The patch was excellent gameplay wise, but as someone who inexplicably is attached to so many of these characters and concepts, I don't think I can bring myself to go through another soulless experience like KH3 just because the bosses are fun. That's not to take away from their quality, I am just incapable of separating myself from thinking of the story and characters while playing through the game. I still care about what's happening to this franchise, and it hurts to see it constantly becoming mediocre in ways I didn't expect. I don't care what anyone else may say, it is mediocre to me that KH3 released with almost no hub world. The story with Re:mind and limit cut included is still overall mediocre to me, some excellent set pieces don't really go a long way to changing that, especially when I factor in the price for the whole thing.

For my own sanity, I'm probably not gonna play any future game unless I know everything in it and it seems acceptable enough for me, blind loyalty to this franchise has got me nowhere fast. And truthfully, the weird toxic hive mentality, especially on twitter, has extremely soured my opinion of the fanbase. I just don't wanna settle for mediocrity anymore. It's one thing when a game has plenty of flaws but still comes to be more than the sum of its parts, I consider that to be pretty great, but when something has flaws that just overhang everything good about it, I can't really enjoy that. And I know it's on me for prioritising different things out of KH, but wasn't this franchise a crossover in the first place? A people pleaser in the best way. Now we don't even get original worlds unless they're sold to us in a (overpriced) dlc. Sorry, but that's not worth my money anymore.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I gave a pretty flippant comment here at first so I think I should probably give a more in depth response.

I am super tired of constantly being shown my carrot on a stick and never getting to eat it.

It's now to the point, where I just really don't care for the direction KH seems to be heading at all. The patch was excellent gameplay wise, but as someone who inexplicably is attached to so many of these characters and concepts, I don't think I can bring myself to go through another soulless experience like KH3 just because the bosses are fun. That's not to take away from their quality, I am just incapable of separating myself from thinking of the story and characters while playing through the game. I still care about what's happening to this franchise, and it hurts to see it constantly becoming mediocre in ways I didn't expect. I don't care what anyone else may say, it is mediocre to me that KH3 released with almost no hub world. The story with Re:mind and limit cut included is still overall mediocre to me, some excellent set pieces don't really go a long way to changing that, especially when I factor in the price for the whole thing.

For my own sanity, I'm probably not gonna play any future game unless I know everything in it and it seems acceptable enough for me, blind loyalty to this franchise has got me nowhere fast. And truthfully, the weird toxic hive mentality, especially on twitter, has extremely soured my opinion of the fanbase. I just don't wanna settle for mediocrity anymore. It's one thing when a game has plenty of flaws but still comes to be more than the sum of its parts, I consider that to be pretty great, but when something has flaws that just overhang everything good about it, I can't really enjoy that. And I know it's on me for prioritising different things out of KH, but wasn't this franchise a crossover in the first place? A people pleaser in the best way. Now we don't even get original worlds unless they're sold to us in a (overpriced) dlc. Sorry, but that's not worth my money anymore.
giphy.gif

PStuder12321

Well said, which is why I've been pushing for them to start focusing more on just killing the seperation theme and focusing on SRK and their own worlds and less disney worlds. (disney worlds can still be in and most likely wil lbe no amtter what, but more of their own worlds should be the priority.) I feel this would save the game a lot.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I'm going to continue discussing the Disney side of things for Kingdom Hearts and perhaps make forums dedicated to the Future Disney films becoming worlds in the next games and the surprises for the next games that Square Enix is developing and when the next KH game will come out.

PStuder12321

Kingdom Hearts was one of my first video games. I have a tattoo on my wrist. The franchise may disappoint me sometimes but I'm in this for life now. Even if another good KH game was never released, I'll probably replay 1, 2, BBS and Days forever.

I'm with you 100% though tbh, even if the remainder ones suck, as long as they end up giving the trio a happy ending (which I fully believe wil lbe the case for reaosn I've posted in another forum.) I will happily support the series and love every game they release, I am dedicated to ahving the complete series and even to this day am palying the series front to back all over again. Right by my computer I got my PS4 legit with a KH game running right now lol.

I'm going to continue discussing the Disney side of things for Kingdom Hearts and perhaps make forums dedicated to the Future Disney films becoming worlds in the next games and the surprises for the next games that Square Enix is developing and when the next KH game will come out.

I'll be right there with you! <3

Back