• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH: Dream Drop Distance HD epilogue concept

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

makine

Awards
Yen Sid said:
I have come to learn that you, too, can wield a Keyblade. I am glad you are here. Master Xehanort has returned to gather the 13 Darknesses and we must be ready to oppose him with the 7 lights. You, Kairi, are begin training to use the Keyblade with a true master to teach you the proper way. As such, King Mickey will watch over your training as you enter the Realm of Sleep.
In the vein of Birth by Sleep Final Mix, we get an addition onto Dream Drop Distance HD: Kairi mode where she finishes the test that Sora and Riku would have done without Xehanort's interference and awakens the last Sleeping World. I don't count Destiny Islands as an actual world. You don't even see the island and it's a boss battle with a character from another world.

As for which world that would be? Daybreak Town. And instead of interference coming from Master Xehanort, it comes from the leader of the sixth faction. You also get to meet Skuld and Epherema, as well as getting to take on the five Foretellers.

We'll also go with eus-mylus's concept of dream eaters as weapons.
tumblr_n6e7izBzfK1qko0jko1_1280.png

Muke

whatever
Awards
I kinda like the idea with the playabale Secret Ending like in BbS. It'd be so nice, but I kinda doubt it'd happen.

Make this happen, Square!

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Sadly that's just wishful thinking. It was said (in at least two interviews) that there won't be any big additions to the HD remaster, so I wouldn't count on any "Final Mix" content.
Personally I think we'll just get overhauled controls, better textures, probably some improved Keyblades models and a better portal concept with more special Nightmares enemies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Sadly that's just wishful thinking. It was said (in at least two interviews) that there won't be any big additions to the HD remaster, so I wouldn't count on any "Final Mix" content.
Personally I think we'll just get overhauled controls, better textures, probably some improved Keyblades models and a better portal concept with more special Nightmares enemies.

My thoughts exactly. 2.8 won't have anything new besides Back Cover and 0.2

Although I really like your idea: of playing as Kairi. It would even be the first game where you get to play as the SRK trio. :>

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Pretty certain Yasue had already said that KH3D HD wasn't getting anything new as reworking the game for PS4 is already like creating a brand new game.

But if we were to dare to dream, I would love that idea very much. I don't think they'd go that direction primarily due to time constraints.

It is hard to imagine Nomura not throwing in one new thing for KH3D HD. They did have those top menu credits with 2.5 and 2.8 teasing, so why not one new cutscene. They are already making scenes for Back Cover and 0.2, so if they have time in their development cycle they should really just go for it.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
At best, I think the only change DDD HD will receive is an alteration to that secret message that teased 1.5, and they'll change it to a KH3 teaser. Given that they're already basically remaking DDD, and having to make Chi Back Cover and 0.2 from scratch using the most labor intensive software and engine materials the series has ever had, and they have to get it out by the end of the year, I doubt there will be time to add in a secret playable episode to DDD.

But hey, I'd love to be wrong. I want all the things, I just know Square is pressed for time while also trying to maintain quality. Not sure they have the time to implement a ton of great new content, while also debugging it completely in time for its release.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
IMO Kairi should've been the third playable character to begin with. Doesn't help that it feels like a boss is missing from every world:

Traverse Town-TWEWY based boss
Notre Dame-Frollo
Pleasure Island-Coachman or Monstro (at least we eventually got the latter in 2.5)
Grid-CLU
Musketeers-Full bodied Holey Moley
Fantasia-An actual Chernabog fight, or Firebird given the original intention to include Fantasia 2000.
Final-Apprentice Xehanort (her "rival 'nort" since this is the version that sent her away)

Instead Square opted to take the phrase "too little, too late" to it's illogical extreme.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
IMO Kairi should've been the third playable character to begin with. Doesn't help that it feels like a boss is missing from every world:

Notre Dame-Frollo
Pleasure Island-Coachman or Monstro (at least we eventually got the latter in 2.5)
Grid-CLU
Fantasia-An actual Chernabog fight, or Firebird given the original intention to include Fantasia 2000.
Final-Apprentice Xehanort (her "rival 'nort" since this is the version that sent her away)

Instead Square opted to take the phrase "too little, too late" to it's illogical extreme.

^^^ I really like your idea. But that would be too much work to be added in DDD PS4. I could see a Kairi scenario as long as Aqua's in 0.2's.

redcrown

Awards

Notre Dame-Frollo
Grid-CLU

RIP missed opportunities.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
RIP missed opportunities.

DDD could have worked like BbS, with the difference that there's only one main scenario with alternating between two characters, and a special and short scenario with Kairi where you revisit a world or two to see how the Spirit DEs are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back