• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH:COM worth it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas Other Side

Thpught I admit that it was cool too have graphics on a GBA, some things really annoyed me, firstly, you got through the SAME worlds as the last game, nobody remembers you which is sort of like oh gee thanks a lot. (I knwo it was part of the plot but I did get slightly mad). Also they made a riku clone? How did they do that? they dont have any DNA of riku, and the fact that riku and sora were in the SAME castle but never crossed paths is also made me say "What!? You goot be kidding me!?". I mean it had its moments but overall it was like KH on GBA with a few extra bosses.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Thpught I admit that it was cool too have graphics on a GBA, some things really annoyed me, firstly, you got through the SAME worlds as the last game, nobody remembers you which is sort of like oh gee thanks a lot. (I knwo it was part of the plot but I did get slightly mad). Also they made a riku clone? How did they do that? they dont have any DNA of riku, and the fact that riku and sora were in the SAME castle but never crossed paths is also made me say "What!? You goot be kidding me!?". I mean it had its moments but overall it was like KH on GBA with a few extra bosses.

1. No, there were new worlds. Plus, wouldn't you rather have new worlds be in KHII? So they had voices and good graphics?

2. They are only Sora's memories. They aren't real. Sora forgot them in Castle Oblivion.

3. It's a videogame. You don't need DNA to clone someone. Vexen is a scientist. He uses evilness to do things.

4. Riku was in the basement floors... Ruled over by Vexen, Zexion, and Lexaeus.

5. It had a tottally different plot. The only thing that makes them similar is the worlds.

Roxas Other Side

1. No, there were new worlds. Plus, wouldn't you rather have new worlds be in KHII? So they had voices and good graphics?

2. They are only Sora's memories. They aren't real. Sora forgot them in Castle Oblivion.

3. It's a videogame. You don't need DNA to clone someone. Vexen is a scientist. He uses evilness to do things.

4. Riku was in the basement floors... Ruled over by Vexen, Zexion, and Lexaeus.

5. It had a tottally different plot. The only thing that makes them similar is the worlds.

all good in ture, except your fory your number 1. That is no exuse for having the same worlds only different world was castle oblivion, I just think at the end of the day, you can read the story in chain of memories and understand KH2 perfectly and it just didnt see that intretsing.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
*Prepares to get flamed*
In a lot of ways, COM was actually better than KH2. Why?

1. Better Org Characters. They actually did something interesting and weren't cliche'. Axel seemed a lot "cooler" in COM.

2. More difficult and complex battle system. I mean, you have to arrange cards in a strategy with attack, item, magic, and summon cards, instead of just mashing the triangle and x button.

3. More difficult boss battles. Hell, Larxene was the second to last Organization member to fight, and she took forever. Luxord and Saix left nothing to the imagination. Axel was also hard in COM, but soooo easy in KH2. And, the first battle and second battle with Marluxia were much harder than the Xemnas fights.

4. More than one controllable character. Face it, Roxas had the same basic attacks as Sora, but Riku could do lots of things. He also had a reverse storyline, and it was fun to do it during the time Sora was doing his own thing.

~AND~

5. More abilities. If you found all the sleights possible in COM, then you got more abilities than KH2. They were also more difficult to do and more fun in my opinion.

So, was COM worth it? I say yes, yes, yes! It kept the fans waiting for KH2, and it actually turned out to be a very high quality GBA game. In ratios, it had better quality than KH2. If COM was remade and put onto the PS2, it would be more fun than KH2, I can guarantee.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
You are right! KHII would be GAWD if they put ALL of the org. members in the same game. I would kill for a 3D Larx and Zex with voices.

~{Mindless Insanity}~

When all else fails!
In a nameless city deluged by continuous rain...wh
COM(for some reason)had the best story to me in KH seris. Here is how I rate them.

KH:This was the beggining and it had a cool story, the gameplay was good but tough because of the camras.

KH COM:I loved the story to this one for some reason, maybe because it's put in a very different way, and no matter what people say, this story was a little bit darker then KH2, and alot more complex and cool.

Kh2: the gameplay was really good but the story wasn't that good compared to the other games, and there were alot of things I would of done differently.

So in the end my favarote was COM, it was diffecult coughrikufourthtimecoughrikumoderikusecondtimcough and I just really like the story, only let down was for GBA, otherwise I loved it.

Saixs' WRATH

CoM was well worth it like everyone else has been saying it has a great story and is more of a chalenge and it had some of the better Org. members.

Awards
I personally think that yes, it's worth it. How else would you know anything about the other Organization members? And for a GBA game, it sure had great graphics. And it used all the buttons, too. It was like a strategy game too, at least with the first part, because you had to figure out what order to put cards in ahead of time. Most of the boss battles I fought in that game I deliberately lost so I could develop a strategy for winning. Find weaknesses, that sort of thing.

(Plus we got to see Roxas for the first time. AND play as Riku. How could it not be awesome?) :thumbsup:

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
*Prepares to get flamed*
In a lot of ways, COM was actually better than KH2. Why?

1. Better Org Characters. They actually did something interesting and weren't cliche'. Axel seemed a lot "cooler" in COM.

2. More difficult and complex battle system. I mean, you have to arrange cards in a strategy with attack, item, magic, and summon cards, instead of just mashing the triangle and x button.

3. More difficult boss battles. Hell, Larxene was the second to last Organization member to fight, and she took forever. Luxord and Saix left nothing to the imagination. Axel was also hard in COM, but soooo easy in KH2. And, the first battle and second battle with Marluxia were much harder than the Xemnas fights.

4. More than one controllable character. Face it, Roxas had the same basic attacks as Sora, but Riku could do lots of things. He also had a reverse storyline, and it was fun to do it during the time Sora was doing his own thing.

~AND~

5. More abilities. If you found all the sleights possible in COM, then you got more abilities than KH2. They were also more difficult to do and more fun in my opinion.

So, was COM worth it? I say yes, yes, yes! It kept the fans waiting for KH2, and it actually turned out to be a very high quality GBA game. In ratios, it had better quality than KH2. If COM was remade and put onto the PS2, it would be more fun than KH2, I can guarantee.

Well there go my reasons right there XD but I want to add a little something, COM was also worth it cuz it made the player think for once instead of mashing X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,O,Square,O X,X,X constantly so all in all COM was very much worth it

of course it's worth it. if the game is called "Kingdom Hearts" it is worth it.
o_O What are you? Some kind of Fangirl that thinks anything with the the words Kingdom Hearts written on it, it is thus worth your time? lol

Last edited:

Roxas Other Side

I personally think that yes, it's worth it. How else would you know anything about the other Organization members? And for a GBA game, it sure had great graphics. And it used all the buttons, too. It was like a strategy game too, at least with the first part, because you had to figure out what order to put cards in ahead of time. Most of the boss battles I fought in that game I deliberately lost so I could develop a strategy for winning. Find weaknesses, that sort of thing.

(Plus we got to see Roxas for the first time. AND play as Riku. How could it not be awesome?) :thumbsup:

Yes we play as riku, and reverse rebith, had the same bosses (not including the org) less orginisation bosses, less intresting plot, most worlds had no cutscenes you just fought, and I am sorry but KH: COM, haow can it be better then KH2, KH:COM most of the moves were the same as KH, KH2 brought it too a whole new level, and there was not much difference in KH and KH:COM, yes it was about his memories but that was an easy way of putting all the old levels in game, and the winnie the pooh level? What the heck was that about!? It was not that great on KH, and in 2D it will be even worse, and also the card system got on my nevres and was boring, and like I said, many people have just read the plot in KH:COM and have understood it, they needed too fill the gaps and putting it on GBA was a quick and easy way I would only give this game 6/10.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
>_> You suck. Larxene and Zexion give KH:CoM and 20000/10. =P

CuStArD LuVeR

I AM THE ONE AND ONLY
It is a good game, but some people aren't able to beat it. Sora's mode is pretty hard, but once you get to Reverse/Rebirth(Riku's mode), everything gets so easy. Riku pwns everyone in CoM.

Roeboot

I hated the game at first but I stuck with it. I'm glad I played it. It makes following
the KH plot more easier and I got some plot insight from it.

AxelRoxas

of course it's worth it. if the game is called "Kingdom Hearts" it is worth it.

That's totally what I'm thinking! XD

Hey, maybe we could take a cup of tea sometime and chat about kingdom hearts ^^ (Oh, no! forgot to use Big letters in Kingdom Hearts! =P)

Anyway, back to the topic.

Although I haven't played KHII YET, I believe that CoM still would outmatch KHII.
The only bad thing about it was that it had poor graphics... I wasn't so excited about it when I first read about it... I mean, "Lost memories"? You have to re-play al the worlds again? That's like a last resort decision to keep the fans from flipping out! >_>

But I'm glad I played it, cuz it wasn't like that at all ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back