• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Coded Mobile Version - How to play?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

tawanrafael13

Awards
Hey guys.
I need some help: I've been in a mission to play and finish all games and the only ones I wasn't able to were KH COM (GBA) and C (Mobile) and I really wanted to ask what is the best to play them now.
I guess COM would be easy since I could always play in some emulator or get myself a GBA. But does anyone know how to play KH Coded nowadays??
(And in the case of the GBA's emulator, where could I find it?)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sorry, it's the holiday so many people aren't around and this isn't the right section. Let me move the thread.

As for your question, the game isn't really easily accessible since it was only on a specific model of docomo phone. I know there was a KH dataminer that had been attempting to recover coded, but I haven't kept up with things...

This topic might answer your question:

AR829038

Awards
Yeah, I embarked on this same quest a while ago. Basically, from what I could determine, the original coded is completely lost. The only surviving record of it now is a complete walkthrough posted by kh13.com on youtube, but unfortunately, the video capture is mediocre quality, there is no English translation, and the videos are riddled with incessant commentary by this annoying Japanese woman who's playing the game.
As far as I know, the original game has been rendered irretrievable, as the DoCoMo mobile device on which it was released was such an obscure gaming console, never released outside of Japan to my knowledge, and so short-lived that I don't believe data-miners ever would have had a chance to get to it before the whole system was discontinued.
The good news is, the dialogue bits seem like they're exactly the same as the Re: Coded translation, so if you've played Re: Coded, then you basically already know what's happening and what every character is saying. The only major difference is the gameplay. There's no System Sectors for instance—instead, the original versions of those are basically little puzzles that you have to solve. And the combat works fairly differently as well. But other than that and some minor aesthetic changes here and there, there really isn't much difference between coded and Re: Coded. Which is just as well, because there's no way you're ever going to get to play the original, and the only way to even view it demands you to both know Japanese and be able to put up with an obnoxious Japanese woman's endless commentary.

NaoyaShinota

Awards
Somewhat true. But I can add to this to make it more interesting. KH Coded has been backed up thanks to 13th Vessel it has been extracted
13th Vessel's announcement: LINK: https://t.co/SNDIK6GJTf?amp=1

But we need to discuss why you may not have heard about this. Yes this is the actual game for DoCoMo phone. The one from i-mode here are the details

The extraction method: The phone that had this is a Docomo Phone with Start 1.3 profile. Start is a higher version of DoJa, DoCoMo's special version of Java. With this the games and phones have a feature to download more data and move it to and from the SD card. These Phones also have a "move to SD function". Not all games can be moved to SD. However when you choose to "move to SD", the phone does something that makes it unreadable by computer but is readable by the phone with the correct profile. I have tried putting the game onto my SD card and into my P-03A, and it detects that it is what I get.
E0quEmOVcAIroTJ.jpg

DoCoMo phones are built to play games from the phone and not from the SD Card. But the game checks if the phone you have has the SIM Card that was inserted in the phone when you purchased it. So the only two options you are given is "Delete" or "Software Info". As of now, because these phones have not had much chance to leave Japan, hacking methods are little to none to my knowledge. Therefore as of now their is no way to play this original unless you find someone who can hack the phone.

Back