• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH: BBS Aqua Hair and Age

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kakalakingma

Greetings Kingdom Hearts Insider Forum members and guests! :cool:

I was looking at the "blank point" clip from KHBBS on youtube and I notice that Aqua's hair looks the same from the beginning of the game. Does she not age? By the time blank point occurred, 11+ years have pasted, correct? She looks the same to me; there is no signs that I could pick up that she has aged. I know that Sora aged (he grew a little taller) in just 2 years after his slumber to restore his chain of memories. Riku aged, too, and his hair growth indicates that. So... with that being said, should aqua have looonng hair by "blank point". Or was blank point just a concept video for KHBBSv2 and, thus, her hair growth is not of importance? What am I missing?

Perhaps a kind heartless gave her a haircut in RoD? lol? Naaahh

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Time flows differently in the Realm of Darkness.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Time flows differently in the Realm of Darkness.
Exactly
-- At that point, it seems like Aqua has been lost for a long time.

Nomura: Yes. From when she comes to the world of darkness to when she meets Ansem the Wise, over 10 years have passed in the outside world. The flow of time is different in the world of darkness and the outside world, so it doesn't feel like 10 years have passed. But there's no mistaking that she's been in the world of darkness for quite a long time.
"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 25 characters."

kakalakingma

Oh, really!? I didn't know that. I am not very fortunate to play all of the KH games to get all the information. Is the just speculation or is it stated some where in the game?

Well, how about this: wasn't Riku in the RoD, too, for a while? Or did he hair grew before he gave himself to the darkness?

And what happens if Aqua gets out of RoD, then? Would she get a sudden growth spurt?

I don't know why but I am all interested in this aging thing. Bare with me!

ChrisP

Like someone posted above, Nomura stated it in an interview that since time flows differently in the RoD, Aqua didn't experience the ten years that she has been in the RoD.

As for your second question, no, I would expect that nothing would change...

Radar

Bronze Member
I dont know, there are alot of weird aging issues. Beings in the RoD, Ventus, the Nobodies. I dont think Nomura really wants his characters to grow up (I still want to know whats up with isa and lea)

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Oh, really!? I didn't know that. I am not very fortunate to play all of the KH games to get all the information. Is the just speculation or is it stated some where in the game?

Well, how about this: wasn't Riku in the RoD, too, for a while? Or did he hair grew before he gave himself to the darkness?

And what happens if Aqua gets out of RoD, then? Would she get a sudden growth spurt?

Riku escaped the RoD at the beginning of CoM, where he woke up in Castle Oblivion, and still retained his KH1 appearance. And there's a gap in time between CoM's R/R ending and Riku's meeting with Xion at Beast's Castle in Days (by which time he had his KH2 appearance). Riku aged normally.

Aqua will almost certainly appear the same as she's been when she gets out of the RoD, and will age normally. She's not going to quantum-age into being near her thirties, despite what some folks say...

And no, the time flow in the RoD being different than in the RoL isn't stated in-game, but has been confirmed by the series' creator, Tetsuya Nomura, in an interview.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The creator of KH clarified that time does flow differently there, so it isn't speculation.

A year passed between COM and KH2, in that time Riku, Kairi and Sora all aged hence their appearances changing. Riku wasn't in the RoD that long at all and time moves slowly there.

No...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

WilliamtheWise provided a source for the info. It wasn't stated in the game (though you could always put two and two together), but it was officially revealed in one of the interviews in the Birth by Sleep Ultimania.

He was in there for a little less than a month, according to the Days Ultimania. If it's been 11 years in the Realm of Light and Aqua went through absolutely no changes in the Realm of Darkness, then of course Riku didn't go through any as well.

I personally doubt it considering TAV are all in a predicament where, once freed from torment, they'll look exactly the same as they did in BBS.

It's all good ^^

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Is the just speculation or is it stated some where in the game?
*Points to original post*
This is from the BBS Ultimania
wasn't Riku in the RoD, too, for a while?
He was but for a very short amount of time. Only his heart was there during KH1. And then after sealing the door he was only there briefly until COM starts.
Or did he hair grew before he gave himself to the darkness?
It just naturally grew in the realm of light.
Hmmmm 28ish Aqua. Well that might excite the Fan boys. But I don't think it will work that way. Possible by that means more work for the character artist lol

kakalakingma

Thank you everyone who has answered me. Gosh, this forum has so many people quick to help answer questions. Thanks thanks and thanks!

Sign, your third statement got me thinking aging. Lol. So... it is understood (for me now) that time in RoD is different. OK. What about the time that affects Ven and Terra. They're not in RoD. Did Nomura say anything about them and how they may be aged in future games? Ventus is in a slumber. Sora was in a slumber albeit for different reasons, OK. TAV can't all not aged when they get out of their predicaments, that sounds kind of silly, yeah?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Ven does age for the same reason Nobodies don't age. He doesn't have a heart. Or rather, he has a heart, but it's not in his body.

Terra's... a bit complicated. Imo, all of the physical changes he went through were side effects of having Master Xehanort's heart and him being in control. That is in no way what was the actual cause for Terra's changes though; just my two cents. :)

kakalakingma

Thank you Sign. I guess there are a few uncertainties we all have to wait for future Nomura interviews and games to understand completely. Plus, now I know the one benefit of being in RoD: eternal youthfulness! lol. Anyone who loves their beauty and do not want it to fade needs to give into the darkness.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
SO how come ansem is loosing his memeoires and aqua is NOT

kakalakingma

I think memory loss and physical aging are two different things. Perhaps he lost his memories due to the explosion in KHII?

Crystal

Silver Member
Greetings Kingdom Hearts Insider Forum members and guests! :cool:

I was looking at the "blank point" clip from KHBBS on youtube and I notice that Aqua's hair looks the same from the beginning of the game. Does she not age? By the time blank point occurred, 11+ years have pasted, correct? She looks the same to me; there is no signs that I could pick up that she has aged. I know that Sora aged (he grew a little taller) in just 2 years after his slumber to restore his chain of memories. Riku aged, too, and his hair growth indicates that. So... with that being said, should aqua have looonng hair by "blank point". Or was blank point just a concept video for KHBBSv2 and, thus, her hair growth is not of importance? What am I missing?

Perhaps a kind heartless gave her a haircut in RoD? lol? Naaahh

I'm thinking the same thing before , until someone tell me that the time in RoD is not the same with RoL.

kakalakingma

Oh, I totally forgot to ask. How old is Aqua, Terra, and Ven at the beginning of KH BBS? I checked the wikia webpage and I cannot find it.

Thanks

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Oh, I totally forgot to ask. How old is Aqua, Terra, and Ven at the beginning of KH BBS? I checked the wikia webpage and I cannot find it.

Thanks

I think it was said somewhere in an interview that Terra/Aqua were 19-20 and Ven was 14-15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back