• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH: BBS Aqua Hair and Age

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Another thing, Ventus in sleeping the Chamber of Repose or Chamber of Awakening in Castle Oblivion. Does Time gets all messed up in there, too? Or its only principle is to lose is to gain and to gain is to lose and the whole chain of memory thing? Get my flow? Lol

Thanks in advance

Ven is sleeping in the Chamber of Awakening in Castle Oblivion. The Chamber of Repose is in the underground laboratory in Radiant Garden, where Aqua's armor is. Nah; time doesn't flow any slower or faster there. And that memory bit was primarily because of Namine's memory powers, not an effect of the castle itself.

kakalakingma

Ven is sleeping in the Chamber of Awakening in Castle Oblivion. The Chamber of Repose is in the underground laboratory in Radiant Garden, where Aqua's armor is. Nah; time doesn't flow any slower or faster there. And that memory bit was primarily because of Namine's memory powers, not an effect of the castle itself.

I hope I get to see a mature Ventus in Kh3. Wouldn't it be the oddest this if Terra and Ventus (aged normally) and they finally reunited with Aqua. They must thik and say : "now where in the world have you been! You haven't aged a bit!" Gosh that image just feels ... quaint

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I hope I get to see a mature Ventus in Kh3. Wouldn't it be the oddest this if Terra and Ventus (aged normally) and they finally reunited with Aqua. They must thik and say : "now where in the world have you been! You haven't aged a bit!" Gosh that image just feels ... quaint

Ven doesn't age one bit because there's no heart in his body, it has nothing to to with the chamber of waking but only with his body having no heart. A body only ages physically if there's a functioable heart in it.
Terra is only one year older than he was at BBS-time because one year after BBS Xehanort split into Ansem SoD and Xemnasm halting the physical aging process.

Besides, I don't get this whole fuss about wanting them to age so badly...o_0???

This is a fantasy game and the characters have to stay recognizeable...even Sora, who aged a year between CoM and KH II didn't change that drastically.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Ven doesn't age one bit because there's no heart in his body, it has nothing to to with the chamber of waking but only with his body having no heart. A body only ages physically if there's a functioable heart in it.
Terra is only one year older than he was at BBS-time because one year after BBS Xehanort split into Ansem SoD and Xemnasm halting the physical aging process.

Besides, I don't get this whole fuss about wanting them to age so badly...o_0???

This is a fantasy game and the characters have to stay recognizeable...even Sora, who aged a year between CoM and KH II didn't change that drastically.

Basically this. Why exactly do you want to see them aged so badly?

Besides, they didn't even show TAV any differently despite there being a 4 year gap between Ven's arrival at LoD and BBS.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Basically this. Why exactly do you want to see them aged so badly?

Besides, they didn't even show TAV any differently despite there being a 4 year gap between Ven's arrival at LoD and BBS.

About that last bit...in this case I think they were just too lazy to create a 8/9/10 year-old Ven model or a 14/15 aged Aqua/Terra model.
Although, if one looks closely when Ven stands beside Master Xehanort, he is a tad shorter and more sligth than in current BBS-time.

But like I said, this is a fantasy game so one should not put so much emphasis on such insignificant matters.

Megavoltage

Awards
Now this part bothered me.

I'm fine with TAV being the same age after Sora rescues them. Time travels differently in the RoD so that's why Aqua didn't age, Ven doesn't have his heart so the aging process stops and Terra's body was split. Those are weird reasons for them not to age but it makes sense in a fantasy world. But why did Aqua and Terra look exactly the same four years ago in the past when they first met Ven? Aqua and Terra should have been wearing different clothes four years ago or been a bit shorter. SOMETHING!

kakalakingma

@ Sign,

Lol, you are right. Why am I so obsessed with that? Well, my reason as I said before I would like to see some maturity in her. I do not think it will hurt to see her "look" older.

@ Sephiroth

I disagree. Now why in the world would they "lazy" to modified three character's looks!? They spent years just to get Kh2 out, they cannot spent a week to think of an outline? How long does it take from outline to CGI? Square Enix is hard working people, I give them the benefit of the doubt.

The whole without a heart therefore no aging could be a theory as it is a fantasy world. OK.

@Meagvoltage

Good point! Hmmm

Thanks everyone

kakalakingma

@ Sign

Oh really!? Okay, my apology. I gladly retract my statement. In which part of KH2 was that stated, do you know? Who said it?

Thanks

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I disagree. Now why in the world would they "lazy" to modified three character's looks!? They spent years just to get Kh2 out, they cannot spent a week to think of an outline? How long does it take from outline to CGI? Square Enix is hard working people, I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Uuhm, maybe because it's unimportant for the portrayal of the story?
They had much other things to think about than that?
They won't program and render completely new models just for a few flashbacks?

Seriously, I still fail to get the point what's so problematic with that...since when became the Kingdom Hearts-series a fashion/style show.

Oh really!? Okay, my apology. I gladly retract my statement. In which part of KH2 was that stated, do you know? Who said it?

It was not in KH 2, the series creator, who thought all this characters up, Tetsuya Nomura himself confirmed that in an interview.
Fact is that Aqua didn't age physically that much, as does Terra, while Ventus didn't age at all due to his heart not being in its body.
The laws of the KH Universe are different than ours in many regards.

kakalakingma

@ Sephiroth

Whether or not it IS important or is NOT important portrayal can go into a cycle of chatter. I whole point is that I thought Aqua need to look her age if she spent 11+ years in RoD. Gladly, you and other members help clarified it for me that time is different there and I thank you all for that. I still do not think it takes that much effort to have some modification on a characters appearance EVEN if it is for a few flashbacks. No, you misunderstood me if you think that I want KH to be a fashion show, I just thought it would be appropriate for characters to look their age. I apology if I was not being clear about that before. Then again, it wouldn't hurt if Aqua or Terra or Ventus or Sora or whoever look "fashionable" in future games. It can add more attractiveness to the characters.

Thanks for clearing up about the whole heart not being in his body.

@MandoKeyMaster

Thanks for the image. I like her hair there, too.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
Ah, look kind of like lightning, but I was speaking more of a sleek straight hair, not a little messy like that. Still nice picture.

Here is my vision at the moment for a few characters in KH universe.

For Aqua, I pick this Megan Fox hair style. Sleek and long. Okay, I hope Nomura and the PSP2 (or whatever) know how to make blue long hair look good with this style. LOL. Megan fox has that confident strong look to her in this pic, so I choose it to make a point.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

If Namine comes back, she could look like a great Cate Blanchett! Gorgeous hair and glasses.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

OR Diana Agron with long wavy locks. Nice.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

For Kairi, I pick Marcia cross. I try to find like red-brown color hair to kind of match kairi's. Marcia seems like she never ages! She is so beautiful! Her hair is nice here.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

OR, this Maggie Q hairstyle is really nice for kairi. Imagine her hair flows and move as she usings a keyblade. Ah.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

For Roxas or Ventus, lol.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

For Terra, maybe the hair should be longer but sleek like this.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

For Pinocchio when he grows up: "I'm a real boy!" LOL!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

For sora.... um... i am stuck with his style . I have no idea. LOl

What yall think about these styles as character ages? Too much? What you think of Aqua's hair as megan?

Thanks!

Knowing Nomura, I doubt he would make his characters' hair as sleek as possible. He's bound to give them x9000 spiked ends. > 3 >

Well I drew Aqua with sleeker hair once, though:

http://space-paranoids.deviantart.com/art/Aqua-in-11-years-186916359

But she still has some of her layered bangs.

I think a lot of people just want to see a nice-looking, matured Aqua fight alongside a Xemnasy-looking Terra and a Cloud-ish looking Ventus. I do too, but I'm not getting my hopes too high for it since Nomura already hinted through AtW's lack of aging that the TAV trio may not age in the future, or at least quantum-age into their late 20s/early 30s.

Last edited:

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
i would like for aqua to grow out her hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back