• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH and Comedy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

celticsfan

I read just a few minutes ago that "KH isn't funny", and if you laugh you're "corny as hell" While KH as a series is fairly serious, it has some moments where I occasionally find my self laughing out loud, especially in Birth by Sleep. My favorite supporting character and voice actor has always been Hades. He cracks me up, some of his lines are very funny and are delivered perfectly. So my question comes in two parts: Do you think Kingdom Hearts as a SERIES is funny? And, if yes, which characters/worlds make you laugh the hardest? GO!

Dowhax

Bronze Member
I find Hades in the series funny, and I find all of the Org. XIII members hilarious except for Xemnas and Saix. Plus I find Braig funny and Lea.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
As a series, no. But there are certain parts of it that make me laugh, like when a scene is genuinely hilarious, a character fails epically, or the dialogue reaches a significant level of cheesiness.

Off the top of my head, I'd say Hades in Terra's scenario. "Dark, moody, powerful- yes! He's perfect!" Something along those lines.

And of course, who can forget Braig? Oh Braig XD

tacochance

Idc what game, what situation, who's arround, Goofy, Axel/Lea, and the slapstick humor that made Disney what it is ALLWAYS makes me laugh,

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Tiny parts make me laugh. Then again, it's easy to make me laugh.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Yeah I said that. It's not funny. If it makes you laugh often, like the disney town moments, then you might be corny.

Hades is a badass character, that makes go like "OOOH snap" but he isn't a kneeslapper. James Woods is good shit tho.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
The series as a whole isn't really supposed to be funny, but some of the characters make me laugh..
in no particular order...

Donald Duck, Braig/Xigbar, Lea/Axel, Goofy, Hades, and some other Disney characters make me laugh out loud, and a few Organization members, and occasionally some Sora and Riku dialogue, but that's it.

Jakek9

Omfg. Braig cracks me the hell up. You have no idea.
Also Hades, and Donald and Goofy have they're moments sometimes.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
My favorite supporting character and voice actor has always been Hades. He cracks me up, some of his lines are very funny and are delivered perfectly.

Hades: Name?
Terra: Terra.
Hades: Mm, a little earthy, but it'll do.

Gram

Banned
Awards
XD braig definatly! and hades.
and theres a few times in the games taht i find funny.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
There are some funny parts, but there are a lot of parts where it isn't funny and the characters laugh. What's worse is that it's a really creepy laugh, and it's a laugh track of that actor over and over again.

thelolbubble

Haha, that was directed at me. xD Which I found ridiculous because Kingdom Hearts is a crossover between Disney and Final Fantasy characters. Exaggerated FF characters, at that. How could that not be funny? If you take it seriously then, well, that's kind of weird.
Disney has always been about comedy, and a lot of the characters put in to the KH game are supposed to make you smile - especially in the first. Like Sora, Donald and Goofy, Chip and Dale, Cid, Axel, Demyx, Luxord, most of the other Organization and on and on. Sure, it's not really laugh out loud funny, and there's serious themes underneath, but for the most part KH was supposed to be a light-hearted journey at first. The more recent games aren't so much, but they keep up the humor here and there.

DarkJoker

I just read that post, small world right? Any ways KH is funny when there are pretty good lines written for the characters but I laugh at the wired lines most of the time.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I find a lot of scenes funny. In KH2, I giggle over Sora's fascination with Santa.
As for BBS, one name comes to mind immediately; Braig. Especially the part where he goes to MX all pissed because of what Terra did to him. It was funny how he went from an "I'M GONNA GET YOU OLD GEEZER" attitude to an "OKAY, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, old guy, all's cool, right? 8D;" attitude. Hilarious scene for me.

As IF! very great, or Hades: "Time to move to plan beta." "Well hello, plan beta"

That made me laugh, too! xD I love Hades.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Hades: Name?
Terra: Terra.
Hades: Mm, a little earthy, but it'll do.

That is definitely my favorite Kingdom Hearts quote.
I hope someone makes a fandub of the one scene when Tinker Bell kicks Ven and Ven is like "BITCH IMA FUCK YO ASS UP!"

lol

Key

Exile
Awards
Hades: Really-- It's you? Here i thought I'd drop in and see which muscle-head was up next, and... Holy Hydras, it's just a little girl, a little lassie, a little... bluebird. *looks Aqua up and down*
Aqua: D:<
Zack: HADES!! D:<
Hades: -.- I'm sorry, is that a mosquito? Where did i put that bug spray?
Zack: MOSQUITO?! D8<

it's always Hades, isn't it? XDDDD

that and--

Xion: Roxas... That's a stick.

My sister and i fell over laughing when we saw that. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back