• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► KH: After Dawn

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haku

<3
You sure don't hold anything back with suspense sequences that's for sure. Also considering this as "short" is a major understatement compared to others here.

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic
Oh come on CS... None of your chapters can be considered short, let alone tiny! (Even though I admit chapter 22 was by far your shortest chapter, it still wasn''t even close to short!) If you keep saying your chapters are short, you'll make less talented authors (like me^^) feel bad...

Last edited:

cream_sugar

Finally! This took longer to write than I expected...

After heading to Halloween Town, the gang finds out Jack and Sally are getting married! But those pesky Heartless are at it again, so Sora and the gang step in to help out. But things go wrong when a giant Heartless and a mysterious guy in a black coat shows up. The Heartless is dealt with but the guy escapes scaring the gang half to death and erasing part of Jane's memory. However another world needs their help, and this time it's the Second Star to the Right! That's right: Neverland!

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE:
TRUST, FAITH, AND PIXIEDUST

SOMEWHERE IN SPACE

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a minute! You want to go to Neverland? Neverland?” Jane asked her brother incredulously. The two of them were on the bridge with Balthier, Fran, Grace, Donald, and Goofy.

“Yes,” Sora replied not seeing where she was going with it.

“Let me ask you something,” Jane sat down and flipped through the Worlds Archive, “The last time you ‘visited’ Neverland, where exactly were you?”

“Um…” Sora started to think.

“We were on Captain Hook’s ship!” Donald replied.

“So you never actually went to Neverland?” Jane asked. “So you don’t know where it is?”

Sora, Donald, and Goofy nodded reluctantly.

“Well do you know where it is?” Grace asked.

Jane started to laugh and finally stopped flipping thought the book. “No one knows where Neverland is. It’s a recently new world, probably only a century or two old. Scientists think it must be hidden within a time storm because of the reports of a lack of time going forward and the inhabitants not aging. That and the fact no one whose gone looking for the world can find it.”

“Unless you’ve already been there before and know where to look,” added Balthier.

“No one who has ever been to Neverland who has come back remembers where it was, expect for Peter Pan and Tinkerbell, unless…” Jane looked up at Balthier as he started to smile and start up the turbo boosters, “You’ve been to Never Land?”

“Yes,” replied Balthier.

“And you actually know how to get there?” Jane asked.

“You just have to know where to look,” Balthier replied as he moved the Strahl deeper into space.

Jane looked stunned and she finally recollected herself when she pulled Sora aside and said, “It’s time we continued your Angelus training. You already can change your hair white, so the next logical thing to do is grow your wings.”

“This should be interesting,” Grace took a seat across from them.

Sora groaned then turned back to Jane. “Don’t they just grow or something by thinking about it? How do you even know I have wings?”

“You dear brother, are a third generation Angelus. You have the wing bone in your back and I, your sister, was born with wings. I am completely certain you can grow wings. Your problem is, like most cross-breed Angelus, you weren’t born with wings. You have no idea what wings feel like and all you have is the wing bone, which usually just moves with your shoulder blade. Once we get you to experience that feeling, we can trigger your genetic adaptation power to grow your wings, just like the white hair. When we’re finished you will be able to grow and ungrow your wings by thought,” explained Jane, “But first I need to teach you how to bend your acceleration due to gravity, or teach you how to fly.”

“But I can already do that,” said Sora, “At least with a bit of pixie dust, and faith and trust-”

“Pixie dust isn’t going to cut it!” Jane interrupted, “You want to grow wings or not?”

Sora nodded reluctantly.

“The fastest way to do that is this way. Now, you need to focus your magical energy to the very bottom of your feet,” instructed Jane, “You might want to take your shoes off too. Close your eyes if you have to. Pretend your trying to summon the Keyblade with your feet and not your hands.”

Sora closed his eyes and focused his energy to his feet. It was hard to change the flow of his energy since he was so used to focusing it to his hands but slowly he was able to channel it to his feet. Then…he felt something. He opened his eyes, opened his mouth to say something, but then out in the window, something caught his eye. “What is that?”

Jane swirled around to look out as well, but Grace’s eyes were where Sora’s feet were: they were floating above the ground just where his feet now. She didn’t look up until she heard Jane exclaim, “What the heck is that?”

A pirate ship went sailing past the window, flying deep into space. “That’s the Jolly Rodger!” breathed Sora, “That’s Captain Hook’s ship!”

“What’s he in a hurry for?” Jane asked.

“I don’t know but…” Grace rushed up to the bridge, “Balthier! Go after that ship!”

Balthier must have recognized the ship as well because the Strahl suddenly shot forward, knocking everyone off their feet. There were groans coming from all the cabins. Matti pulled himself out of the room, crawling on the floor. “Waz going on?” he managed to mumble.

Sora, Grace, Jane, Donald, and Goofy somehow managed to crawl back to the bridge and strapped themselves into the seats. “Hold on everyone,” Balthier said as he flipped a few switches on the dashboard, “We’re about to take a ride to the second star to the right.” He pointed out to a little bright star just near a larger, brighter star in the same direction the Jolly Rodger was going.

Suddenly a kaleidoscope of colors exploded from the star, as opening a portal in time and space. The ship rocked back and forth; they could hear things falling off shelves in the back of the ship that hadn’t been tied down. Then they saw it…just beyond the rainbow of the portal, an island sitting in the middle of space, surrounded by ocean. The Jolly Rodger touched down in a small cove just off the island’s shore, unaware of the Strahl following closely behind it. Balthier landed the ship behind some rocks off the cove. Ignoring the groans of the others in their cabins, Sora, Grace, Donald, and Goofy climbed up the hatch of the air dock and looked outside.

“I see Hook,” Sora said as he took a pair of binoculars and looked towards the Jolly Rodger. Hook was pacing back and forth giving orders, usually to Smee, as he always did.

“What are they doing?” Grace asked trying the grab the binoculars out of his hands.

Sora kept a firm grip on them and continued to look out. “Smee’s got something…he’s dumping it overboard.”

“That’s it?!” Donald squawked impatiently.

“Hold on a sec…I think Hook’s kidnapped someone!” exclaimed Sora.

“Kidnapped? Well I guess that’s our cue!”

Sora felt someone lift him up off his feet into the air. He dropped the binoculars as he was hurled upward and pulled along in the air by a boy in green and a sparkling light flying besides him. “Peter!” Sora cried over the roar of the wind.

“Sora! How you’ve been?” grinned the boy, “Ready to show this Codfish a thing or two?”

Before Sora could agree to anything, Peter Pan pulled him along towards the ship.

“Make no doubt Smee,” Captain Hook declared, swinging his saber back and forth, almost hitting Smee, “That wretched boy will soon be a notch in me scabbard.”

He started to straighten his hat only to find it missing.

“Only in your dreams, Hook!” shouted Peter taking the hat and slashing through a sail with his dagger, Sora standing on the edge of the mast next to him. Peter then took the hat and shredded it to pieces. “I didn’t know a codfish could talk. Did you, Tinker Bell?” he asked his pixie companion.

Tinker Bell started to laugh, though her voice was like the sound of bells, a voice only Pan and a few gifted others could understand.

“Pan! And the Key Brat!” Hook roared with rage, “Blast them!”

“Take your best shot Captain!” laughed Peter mocking the crew as he dodged the cannon balls. “Come on! You’re gonna have to do better than that!”

Sora meanwhile took out the crew with the Keyblade while Hook rolled his eyes with a groan. Sora watched Hook fiddle with his saber, who then said, “Come down here, boy. I’ve a little something for you.”

“A present for me?” Peter raised an eyebrow as he swung around one of the ropes, “Aww, you shouldn’t have?”

“Wait a minute Peter…” Sora started to warn, but Peter allowed Hook to go on.

“Call it a token of me affection,” Hook continued to waved his saber around, “You see, it is a certain friend of yours.”

“Who?” Peter asked and Sora looked over to the struggling bag. He hoped it wasn’t who he thought it was.

Hook started to laugh. “Wendy.”

“Wendy?” Peter drew his dagger again, “Let her go Hook!”

Hook drew his saber again just as Sora readied his Keyblade. He and Peter started to fight Hook. “You black hearted scoundrel!” Peter cursed as he looked blades with Hook.

“You want her?” Hook asked. “Ha!” He threw his blade at the rope tied to the sack. “Well, go and get her!”

The sack dropped into the water, screams coming from the sack, just as something huge with tentacles reached up to grab the falling sack. Sora watched from the deck as Peter expertly acrobaticted off the ship into the water; he held his breath, the tentacles reminding him of the deadly Kracken of Davy Jones. Hook and Smee also watched from the deck. Suddenly the water turned black and Peter’s green hat came to the surface.

“I did it,” Hook slowly said, “I did it!” He turned to Smee who looked a little upset, “I…I can’t believe it. I…I’m free!” He started to straighten his hair. “Free of Peter Pan forever!” He and Smee started to laugh, momentarily forgetting Sora who was still staring at the water with disbelief. Finally Hook stopped laughing and poked Smee in the nose. “Mr. Smee, who is the most braze, bold and brilliant buccaneer who ever sailed the briny blue?”

Smee took a moment to think. “Um…Blackbeard?”

Hook sighed and knocked Smee over the head with his hook, knocking him unconscious. He turned to his crew who were starting to get back up. “Boys?”

“Hook! Hook! Hook!” they started to cheer.

“Thank you, thank you,” Hook bowed pompously, “I was good, wasn’t I?”

But still no one noticed Sora, who watched as Peter came out of the water, with the sack in his arms, croaking like a rooster. Hook turned around in shock. “Did you miss me, Captain?” Peter asked with a grin.

“How did you escape the beast?” Hook asked when he regained himself.

The answer came with Tinker Bell spreading pixie dust all over something in the water. A giant orange octopus floated out of the water and she directed it over the ship. Then she cut off the supply of magic and the octopus landed right on top of Hook. Hook crawled and forced his way out of the beast’s mouth, crying for Smee. He backed himself at the other side of the ship. Unfortunately, the octopus had liked what it had just tasted. It was now looking at Hook like a he was a giant red fish. It started to crawl towards Hook, it’s eyes popping to the rhythm of a ticking clock. “Now, now, stay away! No! No, no, no!”

The octopus grabbed Hook pulling off his paints in the process and dragged to the other side of the deck off the plank, Hook crying for Smee the entire time. “Hang on, Captain!” reassured Smee from the plank. Hook snapped free from the tentacles just as the octopus was about to swallow him and bounced off the bottom of the plank back into the water. The octopus grabbed him again but Smee grabbed the Captain at the last second and they went bouncing to the other side of the ship crash landing in the Hull.

“Mr. Smee, be a good fellow and fix the plank…so I can make you walk it!” Hook roared.
Sora chucked then decided it was time to go before Hook remembered him. He waved for Tinker Bell to cover him with pixie dust, just enough to get to the island shore and took off with her to rejoin Peter and Wendy. “Is she alright?” he asked.

“Should be,” replied Peter, “Though I wished she’d stop squirming!” He said as he started to untie the rope. “Easy does it Wendy! You should have seen Hook’s face when I…OW!”

A fist came flying out of the bag hitting Peter in the face. He flew back just as a girl in a purple nightgown crawled out of the bag. “That’s not Wendy,” Sora remarked when he took notice of young girl’s hair.

By that time Grace, Donald, Goofy, Kairi, and Jane had rushed over toward them. “Who’s the girl?” asked Grace.

That seemed to be the question on everyone’s mind. Peter and Tinker Bell floated up to get a closer look at her. The girl became alarmed and almost fell off the rock into the water if Peter didn’t catch her. “Peter Pan?” the girl asked with awe.

Peter studied her some more, rubbing his jaw. “You’re sure not Wendy,” he concluded.

It was now Tinker Bell’s turn to study the new arrivals. She flew into the girl’s face. “Tinker Bell?” she asked. The fairy moved away to study Grace just as the girl said, “Oh, I get it. I’m dreaming.” As she said this, Tinker Bell leaned against Grace’s nose to look into her eyes. The girl then turned to Peter Pan, “You’re not real.”

Suddenly, there was the rocket of cannon blast and a cannon came hurling towards the rock. “Look out!” Peter pushed the girl out of the way as the cannon ball came zooming past.

“Pan, you double-crossing pipsqueak!” They could hear Captain Hook roaring, “Come back here and fight like a man!”

“Come and get me you old codfish!” shouted Peter. Tinker Bell joined in by waving her hands and sticking out her tongue.

“Come on,” Peter grabbed the girl, “We gotta fly out of here.” More cannon balls came flying past and Sora took Kairi’s hand and lifted her up out of the way with aid from Tinker Bell.

“Sora! You’re suppose to be using your powers!” called Jane as Donald and Goofy flew after them also with the help of pixie dust. “Well don’t just sit there!” she frowned at Grace, “We gotta move!”

“What?” Grace asked confused.

Jane shifted to her Angelus form and spread her white wings. “Grab on!” she ordered and Grace grabbed hold of her as they flew after the others.

“Wait! What are you doing?” asked the girl as she held on tightly to Peter with her arms around his neck dodging cannon balls.

“If you’re not Wendy, who are you?” Peter asked as they flew above the clouds.

“I’m her daughter Jane!” cried the girl as Peter tossed her up and held her by her feet.

“Huh!” grinned Peter, flipping her over so that she was holding on to him again, “Well, if you’re Wendy’s daughter, you’re gonna love it here!” He flew her up a waterfall, through a rainbow, into Skull Island, across the tribe lands of the Indians, and into the Mermaid Lagoon. “Hey, this is great,” said Peter as he tossed Jane up into the air and caught her, “You can stay here forever.”

That didn’t not make Tinker Bell happy one bit. She pushed Jane down to the ground. Jane began to scream, “Help!” and Peter dove after her.

“She did that on purpose,” accused Jane after Peter caught her.

“Aw, she’s just jealous,” explained Peter, “All girls get like that around me.”

“Oh, really?” Jane rolled her eyes, “How very nice of you!” He dropped her into a hollow tree the landmark of Pan’s hiding place, the den of the Lost Boys. He was already down below to catch her as she tumbled down the slide.

“That was fun, huh?” he set her down as Sora and the others finally caught up with him, “Lost Boys, fall in!” He shouted.

As the Lost Boys tumbled out of their hiding places, and hung off a tree branch from the ceiling, Grace whispered to Sora’s sister Jane, “So if she’s Jane and you’re Jane, how are we going to know who is who?”

“Just call me Lyra for now,” Sora’s sister replied.

Wendy’s daughter Jane, in the meantime, watched in horror as one of the Lost Boys, the smallest one in a skunk suit almost fell off the branch. “Oh, careful!” she caught him, “You’re going to fall!” She fell back into the bed. Grace watched out of the corner of her eye, Tinker Bell fuming and take off to a hole in the tree stump.

“Sound off!” shouted Peter.

One by one, the Lost Boys jumped down, saluted and bellowed their names.

The one in the fox suit: “Slightly!”

The one in the rabbit suit: “Nibs!”

A set of twins in raccoon suits: “The Twins!”

The one in the bear suit dropped and fell on his head. “Ow! Cubby!” he raised his hand before moaning.

“And that’s Toodles!” they pointed at the boy in the skunk suit. They finished the little ritual by spitting a large wad into their hands and putting their hands in. Jane made a face.

“Boys, this is Sora, Donald, and Goofy. You remember them right?” introduced Peter.

“Sora!” The boys crowed around him.

“Are you really the Keyblade Master?”

“Did you take on Captain Hook with only one arm?”

“Can I touch the Keyblade? Can I? Can I?”

“Is it true you beat the Crocodile to a pulp?”

“Can I touch it? Please? Please?!”

“What about the Heartless? How many Heartless have you clobbered?”

“CAN I PLEASE TOUCH IT?!”

“Alright men! Calm down!” Peter’s voice echoed over their yammering. “I’m not done yet. This is Jane,” he pointed over to Wendy’s daughter. “She’s gonna stay here and be our new mother-”

Jane looked at him incredulously, “What do you mean by-?”

“-and tell us stories,” Peter continued. That broke the Lost Boys thought about Sora.

“Yay! Stories!”

“Tell us a story, Jane. Come on!”

“Actually,” Jane spoke up as Toodles crawled around her, “I’m afraid I’m not very good at telling stories.”

“Ah, that’s okay,” said Cubby, “We’re not very good at listening to stories.” As he said this, Nibs fired an arrow at a bucket hanging above Cubby’s head. The bucket landed on Cubby’s head as the Twins ran around hit each other with clubs.

“I know,” suggested Nibs, “Let’s play a game instead.”

“Red Rover! Red Rover!” the twins jumped up and down.

“Nah,” Slightly shook his head, “Something else.”

“Let’s play the ‘no more hitting Cubby on the head’ game,” sighed Cubby as he placed the bucket over his head. Nibs couldn’t resist and hit the bucket.

“Hey, how about a treasure hunt,” suggested Peter.

“Good idea!”

“Yeah! A treasure hunt!”

“If you ask me, the only one they seem to listen too is Peter,” Donald folded his arms. Goofy nodded.

“I hid it really good this time,” grinned Pan, “You guys will never find it.”

“Sure we will!” Cubby finally got the bucket off his head.

“Diamonds and rubies! Treasure! Treasure!” the Lost Boys squealed as they danced around Jane. “Diamonds! Come on!”

“No!” Jane put Toodles down. “No, no, no, and no!” she said to each one of the Lost Boys. Toodles stuck out his tongue and folded his arms. The look triggered something in Jane and slowly she said, “You remind me of someone I know. Oh,” she hugged Toodles, looking extremely crestfallen, “I have to go home,” she said setting Toodles down next to the other boys.

Jane slowly started to walk away, pleasing Tinker Bell, who jingled with delight.

“What’s the matter with her?” Cubby asked Peter.

“I don’t know,” shrugged Peter, “She acts kind of like a…grown-up.”

“Eww!” Each of the boys made a face, except for Toodles, who was watching Jane walk away.

“Do you think she’ll be alright?” asked Kairi.

“She’ll be fine,” Peter said waving his hand, “I want to hear a story.”

“Yay! Story!” The Lost Boys cheer.

“So you boys want to hear a story?” Grace asked, sitting down on the floor, “Well you better listen because it’s too exciting not too.” The Lost Boys looked delighted and at once sat down in a circle around Grace. “Let’s see…long ago…well, not that long ago,” she corrected, “There was a girl.”

Sora made a funny noise and Grace shot him a look just before continuing. “She lived a huge city, bigger than the biggest city you could imagine.”

“Bigger than Neverland?” asked Nibs.

“Even bigger,” replied Grace. The Boys ooed and awed and even Tinker Bell was listening in. “But there were these dangerous creatures who lived outside the city, called the Heartless, and no one dared went outside the city walls, but only she was brave enough to go out…”
Back aboard the Jolly Rodger, Captain Hook was having a meeting with his former associate, the sorceress Maleficent. She had appeared out of no where, scaring the crew half to death, demanding an audience with the captain at once. Though this did not please Captain Hook one bit, he knew well not to mess with Maleficent, and he ordered Smee to fetch him his best coat and his golden hook.

“Great Lady, how are you today?” Captain Hook bowed as she entered the hull.

Maleficent did not say anything as she walked into the hull. There were several children inside, all huddled together, frightened by the sight of Maleficent. “I thought you were a pirate Hook, not a kidnapper?” asked Maleficent.

“Ah, you see I was offered a job by a powerful fellow to catch young children and bring them to him in me vessel,” explained Hook, “I receive a substantial award for each child I bring back.”

“The Commander has you kidnapping children?” Maleficent rubbed her scepter, “Did he even tell you want he would want them for?”

“I could care less about what he does with the riftraft. As long as I receive me reward, I am quite happy,” smiled Hook.

“But what’s this I hear about Peter Pan? Surely you could take care of one boy,” Maleficent began to smile, “How much would the Commander pay for him, I wonder…”

“Peter Pan is no ordinary boy!” breathed Hook, “He is a mongrel, nothing more. I will have him one day, I bet me own hand.”

Maleficent sighed, then turned to leave, “I had hope that you would take up your old position with us, Captain, but it seems that you have your sights on a different quarry. But know this: when the Commander has no use for you, he will turn against you.”

“Hump!” Captain Hook frowned as she left. What did she know? He thought. “Smee!” he called up to the deck, “Pipe up the crew! We’re going ashore to find Peter Pan!”
Back on the island, Peter and Tink had gone out to find Jane. They found her at the coast, making a list, getting ready to cast off on a raft with a crate of bananas and coconuts. “Tink, what’s she doing?” asked Peter. “It looks like she’s leaving.”

That sounded just fine to Tinker Bell. She tried to get Peter to come back with her to the tree, but he shooed her away as he watched Jane. Tink folded her arms and frowned, but no the less looked back with him.

Jane was counted off her supplies when Peter flew down. “Hey, Jane!” Jane jumped for a moment then sighed. “How come you want to go home so bad?” asked Peter.

“I have to get back to my family,” Jane picked up the oars.

“Why?” asked Peter.

“Well, um,” Jane slowly set the oars down, “I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Why not?” Peter rolled a coconut through his arms and Jane took it away from him.

“If you must know, we had a fight.”

“Why?” asked Peter.

Jane frowned, “I told my little brother you weren’t real.”

“What?” Peter dropped to the ground, “Why?”

Jane sighed. “Well, oh, I don’t know,” she picked up a few coconuts and marched on to the raft, “But I have to get back and set things right.”

“Why?” Peter continued to ask.

“Because!” Jane threw down the coconuts, “That’s why!” She marched right past Peter and looked out into the distance.

Peter looked at her sadly and said slowly, “Well, you know, you can’t get home that way.”

“I…I’ve got to try,” said Jane and she pushed the raft into the water a bit. She then turned back to Peter. “Well, Good-bye!” she held out her hand and he took it, “It was nice meeting you, Peter Pan. Duty calls,” she smiled and pushed the raft out.

All was well for a few seconds, but then the raft sprung a leak and started to sink. Jane tumbled into the water and she grabbed a box to float. Peter flew out next to her. “Are you okay?” he asked.

Jane sighed and with a sob, “I just want to go home.”

“Well, you know, the only way out of here is to fly,” explained Peter, “Come on, I’ll show you how.” He lifted her out of the water and flew he back to the island.
On the other side of the island, Captain Hook and his crew came ashore in several boats. “Step softly, you worthless dogs!” barked Hook as his boat landed, “Set your sights for Peter Pan!”

“Oh, goodness,” sighed Smee, “Haven’t we searched the islands a thousand times before?”

“I beg your pardon, Mr. Smee?” roared hook, pointing his hook.

Smee muttered something about fun galore and Hook rolled his eyes. He then turned to the rest of the crew. “There’ll be no rest until we have that boy in irons.” Smee saluted and tumbled out of the boat.
Meanwhile, the Lost Boys had gathered around at the foot of a tree to watch Peter teach Jane how to fly. They all watched with excitement, Cubby shoving crumbs into his face. “Oh, no, Peter. I really don’t think this will…” Peter tried tossing her over the edge but she caught herself and grabbed hold of the cliff. She looked up at him as he floating around smiling. “This is ridiculous. I can’t fly!”

“Well, I guess you can’t but I can. I guess I’m just smarter than you,” smirked Peter.

Jane rolled her eyes and looked up at Grace who had gotten the hang of it after only just one go with pixie dust. Sora looked up at her as well and muttered, “Show off.”

Lyra snapped her fingers in front of him. “Will you pay attention? Do you want to learn how to fly or not?” His sister had him up on another cliff continuing their flying lessons.

Jane, in response to Peter’s last remark, turned back to him. “I highly doubt that.”

“Braver,” Peter continued.

Jane gave a small laugh. “Right.”

“Stronger.” Peter made a muscle and Tinker Bell jumped off it.

“Oh, yeah then, that’s it,” mocked Jane.

“Well, then it must be my good looks,” said Peter.

“That or you’re just full of hot air.”

Peter stumbled and had to grab the cliff. He started to fix his hat, “Hey! Look, anyone can do it.” He waved Tinker Bell over. “Tink?”

The pixie flew over to the Lost Boys and sprayed them with Pixie Dust. “Yeah!” nodded Slightly as he started to float, “All it takes is faith…”

“Trust…” Nibs continued as he swam off in the air.

“And, uh, something else,” Cubby tried to think as he levitated.

“Pixie dust?” suggested Jane.

“That’s it!” Cubby snapped his fingers.

“Come on Jane,” Grace encouraged her, “If I can do it, you can do it.”

Jane nodded and Tink returned to Peter. “Ok, Tink, let her have it,” ordered Peter.

Tink folded her arms and turned away.

“Tink,” Peter said her name again and she stomped her foot. “Gosh, Tink, if she can’t fly home, I guess she’ll have to move in with us.”

That caught Tinker Bell’s attention right away. She began threw globs of pixie dust all over Jane until she was covered in it, so much so, that she started to sneeze. The sneeze blew Tinker Bell into the boys, ricocheting off everyone of them, hitting the back of Sora’s head so that he fell on top of Lyra, and into a tree. Everyone burst into laughter and Tink’s usual yellow glow went hot iron red.

Not so far away, the laughter caught the ears of Captain Hook. He raised his hook to his ear to listen closely.

“Okay Jane!” Pan circled Jane.

“Don’t even think about it!” she glared at him.

“Ready or not-” Peter pushed her off the side of the cliff. But Jane didn’t start to fly and went crashing down. All the Boys rushed around to catch her but they missed and she fell into the ground. Even Hook and Smee cringed at the nasty fall as they peeked through the bushes.

Cubby looked around. “I thought you said you got her.”

Grace helped Jane out of the hole. “Will I ever get back home?” she sighed, her notebook on her head.

Hook was delighted at what he was overhearing. “The little girl can’t fly yet she wants to go home,” he said to no one in particular, since Smee wasn’t paying attention. Hook grabbed him by the collar anyway and asked him, “Smee, do you know what this means?”

“Six more weeks of winter?”

Hook frowned. “No, you imbecile,” he threw Smee back into the bushes, “We’ll get me treasure and the boy, along with a heaping of payback for the Keyblade Master.” He disappeared back into the forest.

“Hey, what’s this?” Peter grabbed Jane’s notebook from the top of her head.

“Give that back!” Jane tried to grab it back, “It’s my list! Things to do, places to be. Important things!”

Peter didn’t think so and stuck it over his eyes. “Huh? That stuff’s no fun,” Peter flew off with it, “No wonder you can’t fly.”

“Give it back, Peter,” Jane said firmly and tried to grab from him.

“Slightly catch!” Peter tossed it to Slightly and began a game of keep away. Grace watched as the book went back and forth, Sora watching distantly instead of paying attention to Jane. Somehow or another the notebook went flying into Cubby’s mouth and he ended up swallowing it.

Jane marched up to Peter and waved her finger. He stopped laughing at once. “This is just a game to you, isn’t it?” Jane sighed, “Well I’m tired of playing.”

“Gosh, Jane, we didn’t mean to make you mad,” Peter replied honestly.

“Oh grow up.” Jane frowned, “You did so.” She took a scrap of paper and threw it at him. “You’re just a bunch of silly ridiculous children.”

Tinker Bell grabbed Jane’s hair and started pulling at it. Jane waved her off and yelled, “Leave me alone! I don’t believe in any of this! And I especially don’t believe in fairies.”

Everyone gasped. Even Lyra turned around to see what was going on.

“Good-bye!” Jane marched off into the woods.

Peter and the Lost Boys looked at each other. “Oh yeah? Well, good riddance!” Peter called after her. Peter and Tink both folded their arms but Tinker Bell slowly started to sink.

Grace caught the pixie before she fell to the ground. Tink tried to fly but she couldn’t get up. Eventually she got so tried she collapsed in Grace’s palm. “Tink, are you okay?” she asked.

“Uh, Peter?” Cubby called. Peter turned around and his face fell when he saw the delicate fairy in Grace’s palms. “I think there’s something wrong with Tinker Bell.”

Grace gently passed the fairy to Peter and asked quietly, “She’s going to be okay, right?”

Peter said nothing but for the Boys it was time to go home. Lyra had also given up on teaching Sora anything too. “Come on, we’ve had enough distractions for today. We’ll pick it up tomorrow.”

As they climbed back into the Strahl, Grace said quietly, “You know, they do act like a bunch of children.”

“But they are children,” remarked Lyra, “Whichever magic that binds Neverland together, also stops time in a way. No one grows older, for such is the saying by Peter Pan, ‘Neverland is the place where you’ll never grow up.’ But there’s something else that worries me.”

“Yeah me too. When we last saw Wendy, she was just a girl,” said Sora, “Now she has a daughter.”

“Just like Ariel and Melody,” said Kairi, “You don’t think there was a time storm over Wendy’s world?”

“I won’t be sure until we scout the world,” replied Lyra, “But right now our place is here, though I’m not sure yet why.”

“I hope Jane will be okay,” Goofy said as he looked out the window to the island.

“She’ll be fine,” reassured Sora, “Never Land isn’t that dangerous and there are no Heartless around.”

“But Captain Hook is still out there,” Donald pointed out.

“Jane may be a brat but she’s a smart brat. She knows to stay away from Hook and his pirates,” said Grace.
Inside the tree house of the Lost Boys, Slightly took Tinker Bell’s temperature. “Looks kind of bad,” he observed, turning to Peter.

“Kind of bad? Kinda?” Cubby burst into tears, “Oh, it’s hopeless! Poor little Tinker Bell!” he started to sob on Toodles.

“Hey, put a cork in it!” ordered Peter.

Nibbs shoved Cubby’s club into his mouth. “Shh!” He and Slightly hissed.

Peter turned back to Tinker Bell to listen to what she had to say. “Uh-huh. Uh-huh. What?” Peter gasped.

“What did she say, Peter?” asked Slightly.

“If we don’t get Jane to believe in fairies, Tink’s light’s gonna go out,” translated Peter.

All of the Lost Boys gasped. Tink’s light going out was the equivalent of death.

“Well, let’s just go and make her believe!” Cubby swung his club.

“Hang on a minute!” Peter took the club and hit Cubby on the head. “You can’t just make somebody believe in fairies.”

“But we believe,” chorused the Twins.

“Yeah, it ain’t hard for us,” said Cubby.

Peter thought for a moment. “That’s it!” he pounded his fists, “We gotta make Jane one of us!”

The Lost Boys all stared at him. “But she’s a girl!” They said together, horrified.

“You want to help Tink, don’t ya?” asked Peter.

“Uh-huh!” The Boys all nodded.

“We gotta do it!” Peter spat into his hand.

The Boys followed suit and spat into their hands and shook on it.

“Don’t worry, Tink. We’ll save you,” Peter said to the pixie.

“But Peter does that mean we have to make those other girls with Sora one us too?” asked Nibbs.

“Might as well,” said Peter, “If we’re going to save Tinker Bell we need all the help we can get.”
Jane had spent most of the night lost in the forest. She had managed to start a fire and fallen asleep, but then it started to rain and she was driven underneath a rock. She wanted to go home so badly, her mother was probably worried sick about her, and Danny…she had to say sorry to Danny. She was now sitting on the beach, thinking of home when she heard someone sobbing. She went back through the forest and found Captain Hook, laying over a tree stump, bailing his eyes out, his sword in the ground, momentarily forgotten. Jane grabbed the sword and pointed it at Hook. “Stay where you are!” she shouted.

“Please, go right ahead,” begged Hook, “Run me through. You’ll be doing me a favor.”

Jane looked at him confused. “All right. I give up. What’s your problem?”

Hook sniffled and said, “All I’ve ever wanted was to get away from this dreadful place and home to my dear, sweet mother,” he pulled out a pocket watch and showed it too her. “But blast it all!” He cursed. “Peter stole my treasure and my men would mutiny if I so much as tried to leave without it. So here I am…” he took out a handkerchief and blew his nose, “…stuck in this absurd place.” He then recomposed himself and leaned closer to Jane. “My sources tell me you wish to return home as well.”

“You got that right,” Jane stabbed the sword back into the ground, “I guess we’re in the same boat.”

“The same boat! That’s it!” exclaimed Hook.

“What’s it?” asked Jane getting up and lifting the sword.

“I’ll give you passage home on my ship and you can help me recover my treasure,” suggested Hook. “Don’t you see? The treasure’s useless to Peter. He’s not sensible like you and I. He’s just a boy who’ll never grow up. “

“Tell me about it,” muttered Jane.

“And, really, what other choice do you have?” asked Hook, “It’s not as though you could fly home.”

Jane looked thoughtfully up at him. “Well, I suppose. If it is rightfully yours. And if it’s really no use to Peter…”

Hook grabbed the sword from her hand. “Splendid, splendid!”

“Wait!” said Jane, “You must swear not to harm Peter.”

“Me?” gasped Hook, “Actually harm Peter Pan? Perish the thought! It’s all a game you see. I shalln’t harm him, you have my word,” he pulled out a scroll and pluck the feather out of his hat which was really a pen, “‘I, Captain James Hook, do hereby swear not to harm a single hair on Peter Pan’s head.’” He finished writing and showed it to Jane. “You see? Ironclad, unbreakable.” He pulled it away before Jane could touch it, and then kissed his pocket watch. “Leave the light on, Mommy. Your baby boy’s coming home.” He then turned back to Jane. “Now, when you’ve located the treasure just give this a wee toot,” he produced a golden whistle from his pocket and gave it to Jane. “You’re doing the right thing, my dear.” He started to walk back into the jungle and bowed before disappearing, “I’m your only way home.”
In her little room in the Lost Boy’s tree, Tinker Bell stumbled out of her mushroom. She could barely stand and couldn’t shoot out any pixie dust. She managed to crawl her way to her clamshell which served as a large mirror and gave a horrified gasp as she saw how quickly her light was fading. She began to cry…
Early the next morning, Peter had rallied the Lost Boys, Sora, Grace, Kairi, Lyra, Donald, Goofy, Clarise, and a reluctant Anemone together to find Jane. They scoured across the islands in search of her. Peter and Grace took to the skies calling out her name. The Twins stuck themselves into a gopher hole but were chased out by it’s angry owner. Sora and Kairi paired up with Toodles and watched as he lifted every mushroom and rock, even a puddle of water containing a fish. Nibs went through every rabbit hole. The Twins double-checked every nest. Slightly checked all the alligator’s mouths much to the shock of Lyra. Kairi helped Toodles draw a picture of Jane and he held it up at the top of a mountain. Donald and Goofy looked up every tree. Anemone and Clarise asked the mermaids in the lagoon but they hadn’t seen Jane since her arrival.

Finally after two hours of searching, they heard someone call, “Peter! Peter Pan! Sora!”

Peter popped his head out of the trees startling Jane. “There you are!” they both said at the same time. “I’ve been looking all over…”

Before they could confuse each other any further, Peter placed his hands over Jane’s mouth. “I’m sorry for wrecking you book. We want to make it up to you. We want you to feel like…well, like you’re one of us,” he slowly lifted his hands off of Jane’s mouth, “We’ll do anything for you. Honest.”

Jane though about it as they other caught up with them. “Anything?” asked Jane.

“Anything at all!” promised Peter, “You just name it.”

“Well, um, why don’t we play a game like maybe treasure hunt!” suggested Jane.

“Treasure hunt? That’s a great idea! But you’ll have to think like a Lost Boy,” said Peter, “And have fun like a Lost Boy!”

Jane chuckled slightly, “Tell me what to do.”

Peter grinned and started to cock like a rooster to summon together the Lost Boys.

“Well to be one of us,” said one of the Twins.

“…there are some things to know,” the second Twin finished and they each took Jane’s hand.

“What’s that?” asked Jane.

As the Boys took Jane off on their adventure game, Sora squealed, “Wow! A treasure hunt! Sign me up!”

“Oh no!” Lyra grabbed his hood before he could take off, “We still have to work on your flying.”

“Are you coming Grace?” Kairi asked as Donald and Goofy followed after Lyra and Sora.

“Nah, we’re going hang with these guys,” replied Grace, and she, Clarise, and Anemone followed Jane and the Lost Boys further into the jungle.

Together they got chased by bees, swung on jungle vines into puddles of mud (which horrified Anemone until Clarise started a mud fight), hanged from trees, marched with the elephants, and did whatever a ten-year-old was interested in exploring. “I should have brought Tai,” Grace said after she and Jane jumped from a waterfall, “He would have enjoyed this.”

“See that cave over there?” Jane pointed out to a cave underneath the rocks beneath the coast, “I bet the treasure is in there.”

They skipped over the rocks into the cave, Grace only a few feet behind. Jane stopped, spotting a chest full of gold and gems in the sand. “The treasure!” she breathed, “We found-” she stopped suddenly putting her hand over her mouth. Jane pulled out the whistle Hook had given to her, remembering what he had said. Making up her mind, she threw the whistle into the water.

“What’s wrong?” asked Grace, “And was that you just threw?”

“It was a spider,” Jane lied, “It was on the treasure. I don’t like spiders.”

“Hey, Jane, Grace, you did it!” They heard Peter’s voice from above. “Lost Boys! Jane and Grace found the treasure in Dead Man’s Cave!” he called flying down from a hole in the rocks above.

“The treasure!” The Boys, Anemone and Clarise came running into the cave.

“Attention!” Peter called, kicking a crown from the chest onto his head. “Fall in!”

The Boys gather around as Grace, Anemone, and Clarise stood to the side. Peter had taken out a sword as if he was to knight Jane. “In honor of your downright unbelievable skill at finding hidden treasures, I now proclaim you, Jane, a Lost Boy! Uh, I mean a Lost Girl,” he corrected himself.

“Me?” Jane trembled, though it could have been she was still soaking wet from the water, “The very first Lost Girl?”

“What’s the matter?” asked Peter, “Don’t you want to be?”

Jane ran up and hugged him. “Oh, yes. I’d like that very much, Peter.”

“Let’s hear it for Jane!” cried Cubby.

The Lost Boys all cheered and started to toss around the treasure, with Anemone rolling her eyes and muttering something about kids.

One of the Lost Boys tossed a shield landing right at Grace’s feet. She picked it up and studied the markings around the shield. “Hey,” she called Anemone and Clarise over, “Don’t these symbols look like the ones we found in the room underneath the Heartless Factory?”

Clarise squinted to get a look at them. “Sort of but not exactly,” said Clarise.

Anemone took the shield from Grace’s hand. “It could be dialect off of what we found. Too bad none of us understands what it says.”

“I met a guy in Traverse Town who studied dead languages. He might know what it says,” said Grace.

Suddenly there was the sound of a whistle. Toodles was blowing on a golden whistle he’d found in the water, the same one Jane had.

“No, wait!” cried Jane, “No!”

There were the sound of laughter and shrill screams and soon before anyone knew what was going on, the whole room was filled with pirates.

“The treasure is ours!” declared a pirate.

A canvas was thrown over the Lost Boys and Peter was tied up from escaping with ropes. Grace, Jane, Anemone, and Clarise back away from the chaos watching in horror as the pirates cheered.

“It’s time for you to make your maker, Peter Pan!” smiled Hook, waving his saber.

“Stop it! Please!” begged Jane.

“Sorry. No can do. Now, where is the Keyblade Master?” asked Hook.

“He’s not here Cap’n,” replied Smee.

“He has to be here!” roared Hook, “Why wouldn’t he be with Pan?”

“He isn’t here Hook!” shouted Grace.

“And who might you be?” Hook raised an eyebrow.

“I am the Keyblade Master’s Apprentice,” Grace summoned her Keyblade, “And I am not afraid to take on you.”

“Really?” laughed Hook, “That may be so but are you not afraid what would happen to you friends?”

Grace glared at him but lowered her Keyblade. “We’ll take the Key Brat’s brat with us as well, and those two other girls,” ordered Hook, “Surely they’re worth something to the Key Bearer. Oh, and thank you, milady,” Hook turned back to Jane as Grace, Anemone and Clarise were tied up, “I couldn’t have done it without you.”

Peter looked back at her. “Jane?”

“I never meant…” Jane started to say.

“Oh, my. Have we let the kitty out of the bag?” asked Hook.

“No wait! You said no one would get hurt,” said Jane stepping away from the treasure, “You gave your word!”

“And Captain Hook is a man of his word,” Hook said firmly as he locked the handcuffs keeping Peter from flying off, “I promised I wouldn’t harm a single hair on his head. And-” he plucked a hair from Peter’s head, “This is the one I won’t harm!” He passed it down to Jane. “Here, you can keep it. The rest of him is mine!”

“I didn’t do it, Peter!” Jane tried to apologize, “I never agreed to this.”

“You’re a traitor, Jane. You lied to me!” yelled Peter as two pirates dragged him off, “And because you don’t believe in fairies, Tink’s light is going out!”

“Tinker Bell?” Jane asked horrified. She rushed out to the water, crying, “I’ll save you, Peter! I will!”

“My dear, no one can save him now!” laughed Hook.

Jane rushed back to the shore further inland. There had to be something she could do…
“Steady…now concentrate…a little harder…hold it! Good, good…now feel it- ugh!”

Sora fell over, after successfully floating in the air for five minutes and had started to access his Angelus powers but failed again when he lost focus.

“You’re not focusing enough!” frowned Lyra, “Now do it again!”

Sora moaned, and tried to get back up on his feet again just when Jane stumbled through the jungle vegetation. Kairi noticed she was crying.

“Jane, is something wrong?” she asked.

“It’s all my fault!” Jane sobbed, “Hook and his pirates…they’ve got Peter and the Lost Boys, and Grace and the girls! And…and I lead Hook right to them! And now Tinker Bell’s light is going out!”

“Tinker Bell’s light is going out?!” Sora asked horrified.

“What does that mean?” asked Donald.

“I think that means Tinker Bell’s going to die,” replied Goofy.

Jane nodded with another sob, quickly dried her tears away, and said, “I have to save them.”

“Not alone you won’t,” said Sora, “We’ll help you. First, we got to get Tinker Bell better.”

They traveled back through the jungle together to the Lost Boy’s hideaway. As they got closer to the hallow, the skies darkened above. Once the tree hallow was in sight, they started to call Tinker Bell’s name but she did not appear. The inside of the tree hallow was dark inside. Jane lifted back the leave that closed off Tink’s bedroom and found the fairy laying on the ground, her light out. “Tinker Bell,” breathed Jane.

“No, it can’t…” Sora broke off as he sadly watched Jane lift Tink out of her room and lay her on the chair where Peter once sat.

“It’s all my fault,” Jane sobbed again, “I’m so sorry.” Donald and Goofy broke into tears; Kairi and Lyra shed no tears but were very upset.

Jane started to cry on the bed and Kairi went over to comfort her, none of them noticing the magic lingering on Jane’s hands from carrying Tinker Bell.

Sora was first to notice the return of the glow. Tinker Bell’s magic sparked with magic and she slowly got up and lifted herself into the air with a burst of pixie dust. Donald and Goofy stopped crying and Lyra’s face broke into wonder. Kairi slowly stepped away from Jane and Tinker Bell pulled on Jane’s hair. Jane lifted her head. “Tinker Bell?”

Tink rubbed her head into Jane’s nose; it was her way of giving Jane a hug. “Oh, this is wonderful!” rejoiced Jane, “Wait until Peter…oh my gosh! Peter!”

“We better hurry up and rescue him!” said Goofy, “Who knows what will happen to him?”

“We need a plan,” said Lyra.

“We’ll think up one on the way,” Sora said starting to climb out of the tree.

“Wait!” said Jane and he stopped, “I have an idea.”
HOOK’S PIRATE SHIP

Peter daggled from an anchor above the deck, like a piñata as one crewmember put it. Grace, Anemone, and Clarise were tied to the mast, watching as Hook absorbed the moment of victory. “Look at him, Smee,” grinned Hook, “He’s nothing but a child. And I loathe children,” he made a fist.

“What are you going to do with us?” asked Grace.

“I’m glad you asked m’dear,” Hook smiled again, “I’m going to have my fun with Pan. You are going to walk the plank!” He pointed his finger at Grace, “You two are going down below. I’m sure the Commander will fetch a hefty price with children with hair such as yours.”

“The Commander! But he’s our-” Anemone started to say until Clarise stepped on her foot.

“He’s doesn’t need to know that!” hissed Clarise.

A pirate cut the rope holding the three girls together. Anemone and Clarise were dragged down to the hull, while Grace’s hands were tied behind her back and she was pushed to the plank. “Now, Cap’n?” asked the pirate that held Grace.

“Not yet,” said Hook, “I’ll deal with Pan first. Cut him down,” he ordered and the anchor carrying Peter dropped to the deck. The Lost Boys, also tied to another mast, watched and cringed in horror when Peter dropped. “Any last words, boy?” asked Hook.

“Let the Lost Boys go,” said Peter.

“Oh, they’ll go…right after you and the girl, one by one, off the end of the plank!” Hook pointed his saber at the plank. He pulled Peter forward to the end of the plank.

Peter looked back at the Lost Boys to give one final order. “Be brave, lads. Don’t let ‘em see you cry.”

The Boys took this order to heart and shifted through the ropes to the other side of the mast and started to bawl. Grace rolled her eyes.

“Say your prayers, Peter Pan!” Hook said menacingly with a laugh.

“Not so fast, you old codfish, or you’ll have to answer to me!” Jane shouted from the ropes above the mast.

“And us!” shouted Sora from the top deck with Donald, Goofy, Lyra, and Kairi.

The Lost Boys started to cheer. Even Peter was surprised.

“Good heavens! Run! Run for your lives! It’s a bunch of bilge rats!” Hook mocked. He and his crew started to laugh.

“Who are you calling a rat, you old Codfish!” Kairi raised her fist. The crew laughed even harder.

But Jane and Sora had one other thing up their sleeves: Tinker Bell. “Tinker Bell!” cried Peter, “You’re alive!”

“Oh, and look, Captain, a fairy too,” Smee pointed out. The crew broke into more laughter.

As the crew was distracted, Jane whispered her plan to Tinker Bell and the others. Tinker Bell zipped off to pester Hook. He tried to swat at her as Jane swung down on a rope and grabbed a dagger from a pirate. She jumped off the rope and cut through the bonds tying the Lost Boys together. Sora untied the ropes that bonded Grace as Lyra and Kairi took out the pirates behind them.

“Don’t just stand there you fools!” Hook ordered to the stagnant crew, “Get them!”

The crew raised their swords and rushed after the kids. The Lost Boys and Jane took off while Sora and the others fought off the crew.

“Smee!” cried Hook as Tinker Bell pulled on the rope that held the key to Peter’s lock.

“I got her Cap’n! I got her!” reassured Smee as he swung his hat around. Tink got of the way in time and Smee ended up throwing his hat over Hook’s head. “Oh, watch your head.”

Meanwhile, with the help of the Lost Boys and Jane, Sora and the gang managed to defeat all of Hook’s crew and throw them into the sea. Now it was only Hook and Smee.

“Get her off!” cried Hook as he danced around with Tinker Bell stuck between him and Smee’s hat. “Get her off me!”

Smee took an oar from a nearby dory and hit Hook with it across the head. Realizing what he had done, Smee bent over and pulled off his hat. Tinker Bell shot out and Smee tried to get her again with his hat. He missed her several times and not watching where he was going, fell right off the side into the water with the rest of the crew.

Once Smee was gone, Jane peered over Hook and reached for his key. Hook gave a roar, jumped up raising his sword and sent Jane tumbling. “I’ve had just about enough of your childish games!” He swung his saber down and Jane managed to dodge it. She ran over and climbed the mast, Hook slicing away the ropes just missing Jane. Once she reached the top, she gave a sigh of relief.

“Look out Jane!” cried one of the Lost Boys.

Jane turned around just in time to see Hook’s hook coming. She climbed to the side of the mast, Hook’s eyes mad with rage his saber raised for the kill. “Give up girl!”

Tinker Bell caught Jane’s attention and flapped her arms like a bird. It encouraged Jane and she suddenly got up with a defiant, “Never!” She pushed away the saber. “Don’t you see, Hook? You’ll never win.” She started to back away to the end of the mast. “Not as long as there is faith, trust, and pixie dust!” She stood on her tiptoes at the end of the mast, Tinker Bell dusting her with pixie dust at the last second before she fell.

“Odd bodkins!” cursed Hook as he watched her fall.

Everyone watched as Jane inched closer to the water, then, she turned up at the last second and started to fly. The Lost Boys and Sora’s gang started to cheer and for some odd reason the pirate crew was cheering as well. Jane flew around the pirate ship, tore off the Jolly Rodger, and came down to unlock Peter from the anchor.

“Unbelievable,” Peter awed.

Jane gave a small bow with a giggle. “Mere child’s play.” They took each other’s hands and dance around in the air, until Hook gave swing down from above and grabbed Jane. He threw her again the mast, his hook around her throat.

“Ha! Looks like I’ve got the upper hook now!” he grinned menacingly.

“Game’s over, Hook,” Peter drew his dagger, “I win!” He threw his dagger at the rope Hook was holding on too.

Hook dropped to the deck but quickly got back on his feet. “Blast you, Peter Pan! I’ll get you!”

“Not unless we get you first.”

Hook turned around and found himself surrounded by Balthier, Fran, Ling, Mitch, Riku, Matti, and Joey. “I hate children!” roared Hook.

“You’re outnumbered Hook, give up,” said Grace.

“Quite the contrary, my dear,” Hook snapped his fingers and a swarm of pirate Air Brigade Heartless appeared.

“Figures they would show up,” moaned Joey.

The Lost Boys squealed and took cover beneath the staircase to the upper deck with Jane as Peter, Sora, and the others went to battle. Sora and Grace each brought down a Heartless, Peter and Balthier fought with Hook, while everyone else in the battle picked a Heartless and fought with it, except for Joey who tried to get the situation back under control by setting up a Heartless portal jammer.

Balthier parried Hook’s attack with his own sword. Hook took a second to catch his breath. “I fought you before, but where have you seen you?” asked Hook.

“I was a former Lost Boy,” explained Bathier, raising his sword, “Pan dubbed me ‘Clang’.”

“Yes, I remember now,” said Hook, “Clash and Clang, the sword master duo. You were only half my size back then but no matter. I will defeat you this time!” Hook raised his saber to continue the fight.

Meanwhile, Kairi managed to get herself chased up the mast by one of the pirate Heartless. Though she had her Keyblade out, the Heartless kept on getting closer to her as she was getting closer to the edge. Sora saw her up there and cried out, “Tinker Bell!”

Tinker Bell looked up to what he was pointing at and flew up to dust Kairi with pixie dust just before she fell. Kairi hovered for a few seconds but the Heartless was persistent. It jumped after her and grabbed her leg. Kairi screamed as the Heartless dragged her down and she tried to fight it off her leg with her Keyblade.

Sora knew she wouldn’t last long. He climbed on top of the railing and started to focus. “Focus at your feet,” he whispered, “Like your summoning the Keyblade with them. Concentrate,” his feet started to float, “Now using Angelus powers, change your hair white and use that power and sending it flowing.” He felt his hair change and he released the rest of his powers down to his fingers and toes. He felt something, he didn’t know what it was, but he kept at it. He shot after Kairi with his Keyblade in hand.

Kairi was now high above the ship but the Heartless still kept its grip on her. Sora batted the Heartless away just before Kairi ran out of pixie dust. Tinker Bell had only given Kairi enough to fly for just a little while and now it was used up. Kairi went dropping through the air and Sora went after her. “C’mon! Faster! Faster!” He wasn’t going to reach her in time; he needed more power.

Then something happened. He felt his power leak out from his back but it still flowed with him. There was a sharp pain from just between his shoulder blades and something shot out with his power flow. It took him a few seconds to realize he had grown wings.

Sora flapped his wings to accelerate his speed. Kairi was only seconds away from the ground. His wings were painful to control but he bared with it and caught Kairi’s arm at he last second. He tried to get them both back on the ship before the pain became too much. Finally, he couldn’t take it any more and he and Kairi went tumbling on the ship. By the time he came back around, his powers had broke and Lyra was next to him. “That was incredible,” she said.

“I’ll say,” smiled Kairi and she kissed him on the cheek.

Meanwhile, Grace took down the last of the Heartless and as she and the others began to turn their attention back on the clash between Hook, Peter, and Balthier, Joey cried out, “We got incoming Nobodies!”

“What?” Grace asked and she turned just in time to see a Corridor of Darkness opening right in the middle of the deck.

Everyone seemed to stop what they were doing when Xine, David, and a few soldiers stepped out of the Corridor of Darkness. “Okay, Captain Hook,” David said without looking up from a clipboard in his hand, “We have a scheduled pick up for your latest-” he looked up and saw the paused battle, “-catch.” He took a moment to look around. “Well this is certainly unexpected.”

“I see the Mouse,” Xine looked up at David, “Can we go get her? Please?” she begged.

“She’s all yours,” replied David, “The rest of you. Gather the children and send them back to base,” he ordered the soldiers. David shifted his arm to his blade but before he could really move anywhere, he found himself face to face with Fran.

“So, you will be my opponent this time,” said David.

“Let’s just say you haven’t been punished enough for your attack at the Royal Palace,” remarked Fran as she pulled out her dagger and started to clash with him. Though they were both matching in speed and agility, David was more powerful than Fran and was able to knock her blade out of her hand.

“You’re an excellent fighter, Vierra, but you weren’t good enough to defeat me,” David smirked as he raised his blade.

“No!” Naminé stepped in front of Fran, halting David’s attack.

David lowered his blade. “Where did you come from?” he asked.

“Does it matter?” said Naminé her arms outstretched to protect Fran, “You wouldn’t dare hurt me, lest you fear your master’s wrath.”

“I see,” smiled David, “You’re trying to bargain with me. In exchange for not finishing off the Vierra, you’ll come quietly with me to the Commander.”

“Yes,” nodded Naminé.

“Don’t,” Fran whispered trying to get to her feet but Naminé ignored her.

“But I wonder,” Naminé said quietly, “What your brother would think if he knew what you were doing?”

David froze. He suddenly shook with fury and grabbed Naminé dress. “Don’t toy with me or my memories, little witch!” he hissed.

“Matti! Joey! Now!” Naminé cried.

David looked up just in time to see several barrels thrown on top of him. He dropped Naminé as he braced himself for the impact and Naminé pushed Fran away. David pulled himself from the barrels, his suit covered in gunpowder. He recollected himself and dusted himself off, and began looking around for Xine…

Earlier, Grace had barely enough time to prepare herself for Xine. She came at her quickly like a viper posed to strike. Grace jumped out of the way before Xine threw a wave of needles. She threw her Keyblade down on top of Xine but she disappeared before Grace could strike. Grace nearly lost her balance from the last attack and took a moment to get back on her feet steadily. “Over here!” she heard Xine call and she turned around just in time to see Xine behind her.

“Take this you bitch!” Ling threw her fire fan and hit Xine in the face. Ling ran to Grace’s side to cover her.

“Is it just me or is she faster than usual?” asked Grace.

Ling didn’t reply and instead waved her Water fan and sent a wave of water hurling from the ocean towards Xine. It knocked her off balance and she tumbled to the other side of the deck. Grace seized the opportunity to take her Keyblade and slam it down on top of Xine before she fully recovered but her attack was blocked…by another Keyblade.

Xine threw Grace off and sent her back a few feet but Grace and Ling’s eyes were fully focused on the Keyblade in Xine’s hands. “That’s impossible,” Grace trembled, “There’s no way…there’s no way you should have a Keyblade.”

“No one said I couldn’t,” smiled Xine and she rushed in with her Keyblade high. Grace and Ling braced themselves for the attack…

CLANG! Roxas came out of nowhere with both his Keyblades drawn and blocked Xine’s attack. Xine tumbled back a few feet but quickly regain herself. “Hello big brother Ro-Ro. I was just thinking about you,” Xine lowered her Keyblade, “You see I’m starting to remember things.”

Roxas didn’t lower his guard and shot Grace and Ling a look to stay back.

“Hard to believe a little less than a year ago, it was just you, me, and Axel, together on that little island,” Xine continued on, “I was a real wuss back then I admit, worrying about my existence. But that was when you took my hand and gave me that cute little smile…the same one you give the Mouse when you say those three words,” smiled Xine, “Or sometimes you don’t say but that look says you mean it. What were those words again? I love you or something to that degree?”

Roxas heard the sound of metal hitting the deck; out of the corner of his eye, he saw Grace dropping her Keyblade, her eyes filled with shock. “Gracey…” whispered Roxas. Xine’s voice brought his attention back on her.

“Not that we Nobodies understand love, but you and I are different. Maybe that’s why we so close…”

“Xine!” called David, “Stop fooling around! We’ll come back for the Mouse later! We need to get back to base!”

Xine frowned and slowly backed away from Roxas towards David. “Perhaps you still don’t remember. But Roxas, when you do remember, please come back to me, so we can be together again. Isn’t that what you want?” She held out her hand just before she and David both disappeared.

As soon as they were gone, Roxas turned back to Grace. “Gracey, I-”

“Is it true?” asked Grace, her lower lip trembling. Ling knew this was Grace’s way of holding back her emotions. “Did you love her?”

Roxas hesitated for just a moment and that was all that took for Grace to believe her suspicions were true. “You did, didn’t you? Is that why you left the Organization? Because of her? Is that the reason you give me the same look? Because I look like her?”

“I never suggested that. Gracey, let me explain-” Roxas tried to calm her, Ling trying to get behind Grace in case she pounced.

“You are-”

But just exactly Roxas was never managed to get out of Grace’s mouth for at that moment there was a cry from above.

In the last leg of the battle, Peter had chased Hook up the mast above the sails into a daring swordfight high above the ship. With a quick jab and a careful step, along with that ever useful dash of pixie dust, Peter had gained the upper hand and sent Hook over the edge. The pirate captain went screaming off the mast, falling down towards the deck. “Hey Cap’n! You forgot your anchor!” Peter threw the anchor down after him. Hook caught it by mistake and he fell through the deck, through the ship, and into the water below. He hit the bottom of the sea bed where the great kracken was waiting for him. The kracken licked it’s claws. Hook screamed and shoot back up the hole he came through back on top of the ship.

“Abandon ship!” squealed Tubby as the kracken climbed up after Hook. Hook tried to run off to the other end of the ship but the weight of the monster and the hole in the ship caused the ship to sink. Hook looked around desperately for a means of escape.

“Ah, you know the rules Cap’n,” Peter mocked Hook, “A good captain always goes down with his ship.” He took off his hat and saluted.

“I don’t want to be a good Cap’n!” cried Hook just before the ship sunk and the kracken grabbed him.

The crew and Smee watched gloomily as the ship went down with its Captain. Then Smee saw something. “Look!” he cried and Hook shot out of the water, trying to evade the kracken’s tentacles. He went flying into the boat. The kracken looked over at the small dory and saw not only one tasty fish but several tasty fish. The kracken licked it’s lips. The crew cried out and started to paddle away as fast as they could the kracken following right behind them.

“Codfish! Codfish! Codfish!” the Lost Boys mocked then broke into celebration as Peter and Jane flew around the rock where the victorious gang had gathered and cocked like roosters.

“Let’s hear it for Jane!” cheered Slightly.

“The one and only…” began the Twins.

“Lost Girl!” the Boys cheered.

“Thank you. Thank you,” bowed Jane.

“Let’s hear it for Sora and his gang!” Peter shouted.

The Lost Boys cheered again and started the ritual of spitting into their hands and shaking on it, but Grace was the only one who didn’t seem pleased.

“Has anyone seen Anemone or Clarise?” she asked.

“Gracey, no one was on that ship. We checked right before the kracken took it down,” said Lyra.

“But then how they both be gone?” asked Grace, “Wait…Hook said he was going to sell them to the Commander. Whatever happened to those soldiers who were with Xine and David? Did anyone see them afterwards?”

“You don’t think they took the girls do you?” asked Donald.

“I bet he did,” said Grace, “We have to go after them!”

“You’re leaving?” Jane asked.

“We’re afraid so,” said Sora (who had changed back to Roxas within the last few minutes or so), “Our friends are still missing.”

“Come back and visit, okay?” said Nibs.

“We will,” said Goofy.

“We’ll come back soon and have another adventure with you guys,” said Sora.

As they said their good-byes and took off to the Strahl, Jane noticed Peter was very gloomy. “Is something wrong?” she asked.

“Aw, you can fly now. You can go home,” Peter said folding his arms.

“I can go home,” whispered Jane.

“But…” All the Lost Boys were on the verge of tears.

“We’ll miss you,” said one of the twins.

“Yeah, a lot,” said his brother.

“And I’ll miss you. All of you. But there’s someone back home that needs me. And besides, now I’ve got great stories to tell him and they’ll all be about Peter Pan and the Lost Boys,” smiled Jane.

The Boys cheered and Peter said, “Well in that case, mademoiselle,” Peter bowed, “it would be my pleasure to escort you back to London.”

“The pleasure will be all mine, good sir,” Jane smiled and pushed him off the rock.

“Hey!” said Peter but he smiled all the same.

“Well, it’s a long way home,” she looked up at Tinker Bell, “give me your best shot Tink.”

Tink sprayed her and the Lost Boys all with pixie dust and they took off away from Neverland, dancing through the clouds and the stars.
The next time Jane woke up, she was at the window, holding her arms the doll of Peter Pan. The window was opened and she could hear the chimes of Big Ben in the distance. “Oh my gosh,” she whispered, then got up and ran out of the room, “Mother! Mother!”

Wendy came from her bedroom in her nightgown. “Darling, what’s wrong?” she asked.

“Mommy!” Jane ran into her mother’s arms. “Oh, you were right. He is most remarkable.”

“Who, dear?” Wendy asked confused.

“Oh, Mother, I’m so sorry,” Jane apologized, hugging her mother tightly, “If only I’d listened to you.”

Danny came from his room, holding his bear. “I had a bad dream,” he said sleepily.

“Did you now?” Jane walked over to him, “Was it Hook again?” Jane picked him up, “Were those pirates up to their old tricks again?”

“Hey, what’s going on?” Danny asked as Jane turned him upside down.

“I know how to take care of that old codfish,” laughed Jane and she turned him right side up, “We can do it together Danny.”

“We can?” he asked.

“The two of us.”

“Really?”

“I saw him though,” Jane started her story, “Captain Hook kidnapped me. Stuffed me into an old dirty bag, he did. He took me off to Never Land and tried to feed me to a giant octopus.”

“Wow!” gasped Danny as Nanna 2 came and sat besides him.

“There were pirates everywhere. And, oh, Tinker Bell was so beautiful…”
At that moment, Wendy could have sworn she head the sound of Tinker Bell’s bells. She went to the window and looked out across the night sky. After a moment, she shook her head and walked back inside. Then she heard a hiss and went back to the window again, looking around.

Peter Pan flew up out of nowhere, surprising her. “Wendy?” he asked.

“Hello Peter,” she smiled.

He looked at her closely. “You’ve changed.”

“Not really,” she said, lifting his head, “Not ever.”

Tinker Bell came flying by and landed on Wendy’s outreached hand. “Hello, Tinker Bell.” Tinker Bell then sprayed her with some pixie dust and she floated off the floor for a few seconds. “Oh Tink.”

When Tinker Bell returned to Peter, he took off his hat and bowed. “Madam.” Wendy smiled and curtsied back. “Good bye, Wendy,” said Peter and he took off with Tinker Bell.

“Goodbye, Peter,” waved Wendy.

Jane, Danny, and Nanna 2 joined her at the window to see Peter go. “Wow! Look it’s Peter Pan!” Danny pointed.

Jane sighed romantically, “I’ll always believe in you, Peter Pan.”

*PS: And now it's time to say something I've been holding back for six months now. On April 7th, I will be heading for Basic Trainging in the US Navy. I won't be able to work on the story for about three months (yeah, it effing sucks). But I, on my loyatly as a Kingdom Hearts fan, I WILL CONTINUE THIS STORY! I'm crossing my fingers, hoping to get the next chapter done before then but I doubt it. If I somehow manage to finish up something while I'm in Boot Camp, I'll send it along to my sister who will post it here. I'm going to miss you KHI! :cry: I love you all.

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
Cool story you got here, this is the first time I've read it, it's really good.

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic
The chapter was amazing! The list of things I love about it is just too long^^

Navy? Three months is long... I'd be an idiot if I forgot about this story, though! As long as it will be finished someday, I'm fine with it.

Coldman9

Wandering outside in the cold, looking for someone
Cool, Sora's able to go full Angeleus now. Complications for Roxas and Grace involving Xine, and Clarise and Anemone got taken to their father. That's gonna be one heck of a rescue mission. Who that mysterious guy is is bothering the heck outta me. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic
Relax Coldy. I won't forget this story, and I know you won't either. CS will post again when she's back. She promised not to abandon this, so she will post again. A little trust in her should be fine, don't you think? ^^

cream_sugar

Hey! What's up?! I'm finally back and still kicking! Basic Training (even in the Navy) was a living hell but I survived. I'm at my "A" school right now in Chicago and I'm just waiting to have a hard copy of my manuscript sent as well as my laptop so I can keep writing. The next chapter will be posted as soon as I get everything together and refamilize myself with the story. Type later!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back