• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 3DS - Confirmed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorikux

Nomura says it's a new title, probably being made by the BBS team.

Kingdom Hearts 3DS Is A Brand New Title // Siliconera

Shortly after the Nintendo 3DS news I met with Tetsuya Nomura, Director of the Kingdom Hearts franchise. Right away, I asked him, “What can you tell us about Kingdom Hearts 3DS?”

Nomura snickered a bit.

“Right now we can’t say much about it,” he replied. “All I can say is that the Kingdom Hearts for 3DS will not be a port, but a new game. “It will probably be developed by the team who was in charge of Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, the Osaka team.”

The Kingdom Hearts games on the Nintendo DS, 358 / 2 Days and Re:coded, were developed by h.a.n.d. who also developed Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales. Kingdom Hearts 3DS will be developed internally at Square Enix.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
No, Nojima was responsible for KH2. Watanabe was behind the better written KH games i.e. KH1 and particularly COM.
Oh poor Nijima. But means good news for KH 3DS. One step closer to KH3. I guess Versus development is wrapping up.

Sorikux

Watanabe did the scenario for BBS. Most likely he'll be doing it again for KH 3DS.

loke13

I don't know whether too take Nomura's tight lipness as his usual crap or whether or not this game will be just as important as the main series.

Last edited:

Shadow Key

Re: KINGDOM HEARTS 3DS

That's not necessarily true... just because they're both for some form of DS doesn't mean they're both in 3D. Re:Coded was said to be on the Nintendo DS, not exclusive to 3DS. This is a completely different game EXCLUSIVE for the 3DS.

loke13

That's not necessarily true... just because they're both for some form of DS doesn't mean they're both in 3D. Re:Coded was said to be on the Nintendo DS, not exclusive to 3DS. This is a completely different game EXCLUSIVE for the 3DS.

Umm what are you talking about?

tomasmccann

Awards

I have the feeling it might have a double scenario... Riku / Sora
I see riku running around in District 1 of Traverse Town

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

He's the one who did the scenarios for KH2 right?

Blesphamy. As said before, he was co-scenario writer for KH1 along with Nojima in his glory days and Jin Akiyama, and was responsible for the writing in both CoM and Re:CoM which many of us consider to have been the best game in that aspect. He also wrote scenarios for Days and Coded (from what i remember at least).

I don't know whether too take Nomura's tight lipness as his usual crap or whether or not this game will be just as important as the main series.

Or how about he still has no idea what to make of it as Nintendo just bugged him about making a game for the 3DS xD;

Lol, I'm buying the 3DS on day one anyway. Kid Icarus FTW!
And wow... Nintendo's getting some major Square Enix love lately :D

Well, they have to get Sony jealous somehow...
I actually wouldn't be surprised if this is part of why a big installment on a main console is stalling, because they're waiting for things to clear out with Sony first.

I have the feeling it might have a double scenario... Riku / Sora
I see riku running around in District 1 of Traverse Town

It could be from a cut-scene, but that is the vibe most of us are getting.
I squeeled so hard when I saw that screen cap of Riku in mid-run, in the playable character's location @w@ <3

Pern

Mewtwo The Wise
With Mewtwo in the Kingdom Hearts Universe
I'm happy and I'm mad. I'm mad because the game is on 3ds and I'm going have to buy it if I want to play it but I'm happy that its a new game and 3ds can play other ds games on it (what I've read).
But I don't get it way would they say something about a new kh game at E3 and not TGS?

Sorikux

Well, they have to get Sony jealous somehow...
I actually wouldn't be surprised if this is part of why a big installment on a main console is stalling, because they're waiting for things to clear out with Sony first.

Or rather because Versus XIII is taking up all the KH's team time. What's there to clear up about Sony anyway, Sony aren't in a bad position now or anything.

satria222poxy

I think that "KH 3D" could be that game where it'll be release (along with Re:coded) around 2010, and it features Sora & one other important character, which is Riku. So that's just leave 2 more games, one for 2011 with multiple characters (maybe SRK, RAX, N & TAV) and Kingdom Hearts III.

VLR.XIII

Please be the mystery game. I want my remakes on PS3. I expect (if they are to come), that the collection will be announced closer to KHIII, as in next E3 or this or next TGS.

Hoping this is a data/dream game.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

αsiя;5102630 said:
But what game was announced on the DS, which means Re:coded is on the 3DS.

No, KH: 3D and KH Re:Coded are two completely different games. Re:Coded is coming out for the regular DS, 3D however is coming out for the 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back