• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 3DS - Confirmed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FATE

Awards
Raining Soras... fighting a Nobody in Traverse Town.... ah! I get it! This game must take place during Sora's acid-trip-dreams/nightmares when he was asleep in the pod amirite?

(sad attempt at comedy, but meh, information is scarce, and your guess is just as good as mine! xP)

Bumja

Yippee Ki Yay, mofo
Website
www.myspace.com
This is just getting ridiculous. I mean i could understand why Chain of Memories was a good snack inbetween KH1 and KH2, but the gap between KH2 and KH3 is getting seriously jacked up.

The ones after KH2 that we have are
1) Re: Chain of Memories
2) 358/2 Days
3) Birth by Sleep
4) Re: Coded
5) Kingdom Hearts 3D
6) Unknown/Unannouced Title

Thats 6 games! Plus all of the final mixes!! I know that square wants to tide us over but come on now. If this trend continues, we wont see KH3 till about, say, 2014. And i know that my childish spirit for kingdom hearts will probably be gone by then.
But I still love KH to death =D

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
If companies didn't want to make money they'd be out of business. SE says "Your money is delicious"

Who's hoping for a Riku scenario?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
you guys, there isn't even a plot out. stop worrying about retcons before they even say what the game is about.

i dont understand ppl who complain about gettin new games....

Awards
Am I the only one that likes the idea of it being a remake/re-envisioning?

First, it's in 3D so I'm not as pissed as I normally would be at the prospect of playing through the same environments again. If anything, we get to literally see them through a new perspective. And second, yeah, this will be filled with retcon, but I can only see good come of it. It will compliment the other games in the series and make their retcons seem like less of an asspull. It has the potential to tie things together and, as I said, put things into perspective. Like, there's a small chance here we could revisit such plot holes/convoluted plot points as the creation of Roxas and Namine, and perhaps get a more solid answer.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Raining Soras... fighting a Nobody in Traverse Town.... ah! I get it! This game must take place during Sora's acid-trip-dreams/nightmares when he was asleep in the pod amirite?

(sad attempt at comedy, but meh, information is scarce, and your guess is just as good as mine! xP)

lol It's too late at night for this kind of mind-rape. I agree that info is too scarce right now to make any guesses at what this might be.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
am i the only one who is upset about this 3D game? i'm not even caring about it being 3D. i just want it on a system i can play, does anyone even know when the system come out?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
This is just getting ridiculous. I mean i could understand why Chain of Memories was a good snack inbetween KH1 and KH2, but the gap between KH2 and KH3 is getting seriously jacked up.

The ones after KH2 that we have are
1) Re: Chain of Memories
2) 358/2 Days
3) Birth by Sleep
4) Re: Coded
5) Kingdom Hearts 3D
6) Unknown/Unannouced Title

Thats 6 games! Plus all of the final mixes!! I know that square wants to tide us over but come on now. If this trend continues, we wont see KH3 till about, say, 2014. And i know that my childish spirit for kingdom hearts will probably be gone by then.
But I still love KH to death =D
its because there is no kh3 until versus is finished, so they're filling the gap so fans dont go forevs witohut somethin. be grateful.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

First, it's in 3D so I'm not as pissed as I normally would be at the prospect of playing through the same environments again. If anything, we get to literally see them through a new perspective. And second, yeah, this will be filled with retcon, but I can only see good come of it. It will compliment the other games in the series and make their retcons seem like less of an asspull. It has the potential to tie things together and, as I said, put things into perspective. Like, there's a small chance here we could revisit such plot holes/convoluted plot points as the creation of Roxas and Namine, and perhaps get a more solid answer.

I'd love to see how they were created as that's one of the longest lasting plot issues in the series even today DX
But uh.

RT @SQEX_MEMBERS_JP Also, KH3D is a brand new title. It all starts with this trailer. Stay tuned for more updates!

From the SE E3 twiter o_O if this is legit I guess it depends on your definition for "a brand new" title.

its because there is no kh3 until versus is finished, so they're filling the gap so fans dont go forevs witohut somethin. be grateful.

Dude, did you see the hate fest Days and for a lesser extent Coded/Re:Coded are suffering? People'd rather they left a gap and gave them a game worth playing instead of retconned filler games xD;

loke13

The prospect of a remake doesn't really bother me. But what if its not a remake?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

I pretty interested actuly (KH1 on the go is win IMO). Pretty much for most of the reasones you stated.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
So I heard there were some people that believed this wasn't a real title Square-Enix was making. That it was just a tech demo.

Well, you're wrong.

Square Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto has offered up some clarification on the Kingdom Hearts game that was announced today at Nintendo's E3 press conference as part of a rush of 3DS third party announcements.

Slides at the press conference listed the game as "Kingdom Hearts 3D Demo." However, Nintendo's press materials listed "Kingdom Hearts Franchise." So is 3DS going to get an actual Kingdom Hearts game?

The answer is yes. In a set of posts at the Square Enix Members Twitter, Hashimoto provided clarification on the matter. "KH3D is a completely original title," he Tweeted.

"With this and KHRc, two KH games will appear on portable game machines," he added in reference to the recently announced DS title, Kingdom Hearts Re-Coded.

KH3D is not playable on the E3 show floor. However, Square Enix did prepare a 3D movie to show off the product. "Everything begins from this video," Tweeted Hashimoto.

Tetsuya Nomura seems to be intimately involved in the product. Hashimoto noted that after the Nintendo conference, Nomura was surrounded by press for interviews.

One more point of note for those who've been trying to follow all these Twitter teases. Hashimoto also revealed today that KH3D was the "information with impact" he had promised in the weeks prior to E3.

Square Enix Chief Twit Master Talks Up Kingdom Hearts 3DS (andriasang.com, 06.16.2010)

Awards
I'd love to see how they were created as that's one of the longest lasting plot issues in the series even today DX
But uh.

RT @SQEX_MEMBERS_JP Also, KH3D is a brand new title. It all starts with this trailer. Stay tuned for more updates!

From the SE E3 twiter o_O if this is legit I guess it depends on your definition for "a brand new" title.

I honestly think a re-envisioning would qualify as a new game in their case. I mean, Re:coded was considered a new project.
There's plenty of potential to add to KH1.

BbS styled gameplay, with reaction commands.
New Heartless/Keyblades/Attacks, like always. On that note, I know it'd be major retcon, but I'd really like to see some Nobodies in this game. New Nobodies. I think that'd be worth it. Given Twilight Thorn's appearance, you never know.
Riku Mode (which in itself should get us some new areas and new gameplay).
And hopefully tons of new cutscenes which connect to BbS, Days, coded, and the future of the series, as well as explaining plot holes that were left behind.

The prospect of a remake doesn't really bother me. But what if its not a remake?

Theeeen we have another potential side game on our hands, and we just have to cross our fingers and hope this doesn't hurt the series as much as a potential remake could remedy it.

ActingDude17

There's a very real chance that this is KH1.
Or more like "KH1: Final Final Mix + Reverse Rebirth"

That dream we read about in the demo could have occurred prior to Sora's Dive (in other words, directly prior to the start of KH1 when Sora starts having the "weird thoughts."). And then with the Riku-centric portions, my guess is that we may see, as Nomura suggested way back, Riku's time in the Dark Realm a la Reverse Rebirth.

As for why they would do yet another remake of KH1, there's actually boat loads of potential content they could add in light of the new games.
For instance, show Xemnas giving the memories to Vexen to create Xion. Have some additional introspective scenes for Xemnas and Xehanort's Heartless to hint at such things as why Xemnas cannot use keyblades, and who, MX or Terra, is in more control of either of them. Throw in some nods to Ven, particularly in any dream sequences, nostalgia in the same way that Sora felt nostalgia staring at the pic of the castle in Deep Jungle, and especially when Sora releases the hearts he contains. Show the creation of Namine (and perhaps extend Roxas' to... elaborate more, if you catch my drift).

Didn't Nomura say recently that he hoped to "put the series into perspective" or something of that nature? This could be it. It could be a game for people who have played the other KH games, serving a sort of purpose to connect the pieces and, of course, hint at the future (Like elaborating more on this "torment.).

This is an excellent theory, and for a couple reasons:

1) The game's (tentative, yes) title is Kingdom Hearts: 3D. The game, hypothetically, is the original Kingdom Hearts...in 3D.

2) Nomura has said something like an upcoming game will tie BBS, Days, and coded together. This could mean the retconning of KH:3D, under my projection, would entail, and what you pretty much said.

3) Nomura has said SE's doing something for the North American fans. It's not looking like we're getting Re:coded first, so that's probably not it. It's another Final Mix, if you will, being announced here first, and being released here at all.

4) I am sure SE wants to get as much of the gaming community on board before KH3. And how are they doing this? Releasing a bunch of side games across different platforms before remaking KH (and for all we know KH2 eventually) for the 3DS, these remakes including story elements of the side games. This way, everyone would know all they need to know before playing KH3. With the attention the 3DS is getting and what I think will be very high sales, remaking the PS2 games on it is a great way for SE to rally everyone under the series.

Kingdom Hearts: 3D is the tentative title. Could SE be holding out on us, and this game possibly be Reconnect?

loke13

I honestly think a re-envisioning would qualify as a new game in their case. I mean, Re:coded was considered a new project.
There's plenty of potential to add to KH1.

BbS styled gameplay, with reaction commands.
New Heartless/Keyblades/Attacks, like always. On that note, I know it'd be major retcon, but I'd really like to see some Nobodies in this game. New Nobodies. I think that'd be worth it. Given Twilight Thorn's appearance, you never know.
Riku Mode (which in itself should get us some new areas and new gameplay).
And hopefully tons of new cutscenes which connect to BbS, Days, coded, and the future of the series, as well as explaining plot holes that were left behind.

Theeeen we have another potential side game on our hands, and we just have to cross our fingers and hope this doesn't hurt the series as much as a potential remake could remedy it.

I wonder if it is a remake will they do it on KH1 AND KH2 this is reconnect after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back