• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 3D Official Site Updated! (2/14)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
\
Ah, ok, that's your take then, lol.
Just confirmed it now, it is an extremely low variant of an Org throne, Xemnas's chamber of repose throne has spikes in the backrest though and Ven's chair way higher armrests.
Maybe we'll get a third chamber where Sora is put in?

Hopes and dreams... shattered.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
I still think that Ursula is just one of those Mirage Arena-esque bosses like Monstro was in BbS. It explains why Sora and Riku are there with KH1 clothing. But I wonder, does this mean there'll be more classic Disney bosses to fight because I'd totally love a KH1 Oogie Boogie rematch with him being in the Torture Room or fused with his lair.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
Fuck yeah Quora is in the Tron Legacy world

that trailer was amaing, the need to hurry up and give us a US release date

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
The main antagonist is nonetheless always our crazy prepared magnificent bastard of MX until after KH III.
It would be only a select few anyways, even if we count in Ansem SoD, Xemnas and Vanitas that still leaves eight coated figures more. So beside Roxas and Axel (who aren't counted since there are only eleven beside the MF) there can be still eight "evil" members.
All good main antagonists need henchman. Pretty much I just want Larxene and Marluxia to be evil, honestly, and to be given significant roles (especially Marluxia, he was a final boss after all!).

Aqua's armor is disassembled though and I think Ven very shortly moved his body in that short scene.
Good point. It certainly does look as though Ven's armor is inhabited by a body.

Maybe, or finding out about Ven's current status actually sends Sora into a depression. Or Ven's heart is somehow through some weird machination the reason Sora falls as well.
There are so many possibilities!

It looks like Sora is really going to get to know all the shit that happened, and the MF seems to haunt him with some psychological crap throughout the whole game.
I really do think that Sora is going to question his faith in the light in the course of this adventure.
Actually, it's not really important, but I'm more and more getting the feeling this would be a better plot for him as KH2 age Sora. I don't know why, it isn't even something I've thought of or cared about up until now.

If you look closely you'll also note a startling lack of Naminé...they aren't fighters so they don't have a place there nor belong they really to Team Sora (Sora, Roxas, Xion, Data-Sora, possible RoS-Sora) and Joker Ventus or Team Riku (Riku, Repliku, Data-Riku, possible RoS-Riku) and Joker Terra. :p
Well, fair enough.

So, questions. First of all, are we sure that Ven's armor is laying in a Dive to the Heart? I can see how it looks that way, but it could also be a number of other floors and backgrounds. In particular, it doesn't really look like the stained-glass design of the DttH platforms, to me.

Secondly, what's the significance of Riku glowing along with the MF during their encounter in Traverse Town? I wonder if Riku is necessary for the MF to stabilize in some way, or if he's drawing something from within Riku. Also, is it just the vantage point or can Sora not see the MF at all for some reason in that scene?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So, questions. First of all, are we sure that Ven's armor is laying in a Dive to the Heart? I can see how it looks that way, but it could also be a number of other floors and backgrounds. In particular, it doesn't really look like the stained-glass design of the DttH platforms, to me.
If you compare it to that sig with the Ventus plate in it, they look a lot alike.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
So much to take in, had to head up to school just to post (Something's odd with my mobile version on my PS3, I write over 25 Characters and it says it's too short)

Anyway first things first:

Oh my fucking god, Sancurtary! YES, YES, YES!

Not really much big spoilers, but alot of important stuff we just saw. I'll edit my post once I watch the trailer again

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
If you compare it to that sig with the Ventus plate in it, they look a lot alike.
Hmm. Like I say, I can see that to an extent, but it's such a close image it's hard to say definitively.
Strangely enough, it looks a bit more like the plaza outside the Land of Departure's castle to me.
But it's 5 in the morning, I have no memory or coherent thought processing capability, so I'm not reliable in the least.

So there are only eight cloaked figures shown seated in Where Nothing Gathers in the very last clip. Doesn't match up with the number of figures that surrounded Sora with the MF. The plot thickens~.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
All good main antagonists need henchman. Pretty much I just want Larxene and Marluxia to be evil, honestly, and to be given significant roles (especially Marluxia, he was a final boss after all!).
MF would have his henchmen already though: Ansem SoD, Xemnas and Vanitas.
These two I don't really see much other than evil though, Larxene was a sadistic bitch and Marluxia a scheming, ruthless manipulator.
I don't see yet what they should have for significant roles though...

Good point. It certainly does look as though Ven's armor is inhabited by a body.

There are so many possibilities!
Yep, as for what it means...no clue right now, and maybe that's also better, keeps suspense and mystery around.

Indeed.

I really do think that Sora is going to question his faith in the light in the course of this adventure.
Actually, it's not really important, but I'm more and more getting the feeling this would be a better plot for him as KH2 age Sora. I don't know why, it isn't even something I've thought of or cared about up until now.
Either that or he comes to know about so much misery and pain Xehanort caused that he simply can't cope with it. The constant pressure driving his heart further and further towards darkness, with the Tron world apparently adding another layer for that.
Both Sora and Riku in their young forms again has already drawn much critics anyways. The new clothes are fine, but I don't see what would speak against having current Riku and current Sora running around there.

Well, fair enough.
Heh, all within reason. ;)

Secondly, what's the significance of Riku glowing along with the MF during their encounter in Traverse Town? I wonder if Riku is necessary for the MF to stabilize in some way, or if he's drawing something from within Riku. Also, is it just the vantage point or can Sora not see the MF at all for some reason in that scene?

The scene is way too short to actually say for sure...but we can take a closer look when I am finally at home and can upload the pictures I took.

That's because it is shown from the viewpoint of Sora and Joshua. In the scene before we see Sora and Joshua watching how Riku is walking slowly backwards, where Riku already has that weird glow.
It's most likely two different planes of reality as Sora remains calm and chats with Joshua instead of running directly to Riku which would normally be the case.

Do you mean my own, self-made sig by chance, lol?
Haven't yet checked the background.

EDIT:
Alexis.anagram said:
So there are only eight cloaked figures shown seated in Where Nothing Gathers in the very last clip. Doesn't match up with the number of figures that surrounded Sora with the MF. The plot thickens~.

That's only because they don't show the whole room. The thrones are gathered in a circle, remember?
What intrigues me more though is that Master Xehanort sits in the highest throne and Ansem SoD and Xemnas apparently to his right and left, the only two persons who seem to have their hood down. *eagle eyes*

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Whoa, I just realized. In the shot where Mickey is running up the seats, he's going for Sora. You can see Sora's shoes, shorts and spiky hair from below for a split second (I'm going frame by frame). So Sora is seated in Where Nothing Gathers.

Looks like Mickey and Riku's fight with the Xehanorts is a rescue mission. :3

EDIT: See?

soranothingathers.png

Last edited:

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
No one has mentioned this yet but.....

The Pokemon, i mean, Dream Eater evolves at 5:05 :)

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
WTF!!!!!! AAAAAAHHH!!!! *Collapses and eyes look hazy.* Yen Sid appears and says, "The trailer was full of so much mind f@ck that his heart collapsed. Well I guess that means Sora has one more person to save."

Sora: Son of a b@tch!
-------------------------------------

Seriously that was just beyond anything i've ever seen. I think the KH series and KH3D in particular should be given an award for the most complex and mind f@ck series in video game history. I don't think we can make any theories on this that will be anything close to the game. This game is like the opposite of BBS. BBS was predictable but KH3D is impossible to predict.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
WTF!!!!!! AAAAAAHHH!!!! *Collapses and eyes look hazy.* Yen Sid appears and says, "The trailer was full of so much mind f@ck that his heart collapsed. Well I guess that means Sora has one more person to save."

Seriously that was just beyond anything i've ever seen. I think the KH series and KH3D in particular should be given an award for the most complex and mind f@ck series in video game history. I don't think we can make any theories on this that will be anything close to the game. This game is like the opposite of BBS. BBS was predictable but KH3D is impossible to predict.

So no theory could be the turth? Man, I think we just got owned.

darkheart709

Bronze Member

well it helped that BBS was a prequel we pretty much new what was going to happen, or at least how it was going to turn out , because of the other games in the series. 3D has the luxury of being the next game chronologically, so it doesn't have that problem unless Nomura plans to spoil some plot details for KH3

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Closer inspection of the Grind Rail.
There are presents, but no doors. Monster's Inc ruled out.
It looks like nothing from Toy Story, so I wouldn't expect that.
Either something like Christmas Town, or a building like the Gizmo Shop.
After all, there is that door in District... 5 is it? That is covered in wrapping paper :3

Edit: And the Twilight Town clock tower scene has Axel in it, not Lea.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
I really like the bit where Xemnas and Ansem SoD team up like beasts and take down Riku & Mickey.

Nah but seriously, i hope Sora turns to darkness :)

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
MF would have his henchmen already though: Ansem SoD, Xemnas and Vanitas.
These two I don't really see much other than evil though, Larxene was a sadistic bitch and Marluxia a scheming, ruthless manipulator.
I don't see yet what they should have for significant roles though...
I don't really think that Ansem SoD and Xemnas are going to remain independent, though. I think eventually they're going to be absorbed back into one whole being. And Vanitas is entirely up in the air right now. The Organization members, for the most part, are still valid characters to return to the battle. Many of them would probably want revenge against Sora considering what he did to them, although I think a few (like Zexion) will realize that it was because of him that they were able to return to normal.
I like Larxene, she was ruthless. Marluxia was considered competent enough to head an entire section of the Organization himself, I think he deserves credit for being something of an evil mastermind in his own right.

Either that or he comes to know about so much misery and pain Xehanort caused that he simply can't cope with it. The constant pressure driving his heart further and further towards darkness, with the Tron world apparently adding another layer for that.
That's more or less what I want. I think Sora is going to find himself feeling more hopeless than ever as he realizes how much rests on his shoulders. And for this journey, he really is essentially traveling alone (Riku is in the RoS but they don't appear to interact much, and he doesn't have Donald and Goofy to keep his spirits up). In KH2, after Xemnas and Mickey disappeared following the Hollow Bastion battle, we saw a glimpse of Sora's willingness to give in to failures. It was Donald and Goofy who consoled him. As Sora himself has said, his friends are his powers. The manner in which Sora fares when separated from them may be of some importance.

Both Sora and Riku in their young forms again has already drawn much critics anyways. The new clothes are fine, but I don't see what would speak against having current Riku and current Sora running around there.
Yeah. Again, it's not something I consider majorly important, but I would rather the characters be their current age all things considered.

The scene is way too short to actually say for sure...but we can take a closer look when I am finally at home and can upload the pictures I took.
I have it already (downloaded the video, have many screens). It's just too vague to tell, I think.
vendttd.png

That's because it is shown from the viewpoint of Sora and Joshua. In the scene before we see Sora and Joshua watching how Riku is walking slowly backwards, where Riku already has that weird glow.
But for some reason, they don't see MF. It could just be because MF is still walking down the steps or something, which I don't think were in their line of sight, but I think it would be interesting if the MF that appears there is only visible to Riku for some reason, at that point in time. Kind of brings a coherence to their connection, if there is one.

It's most likely two different planes of reality as Sora remains calm and chats with Joshua instead of running directly to Riku which would normally be the case.
Well, if Sora can't see that Riku is being threatened or is in immediate danger, he wouldn't have any reason to rush to Riku's aid. Yes, the slow backing away would be a natural indication but Sora isn't really that bright. x'D

That's only because they don't show the whole room. The thrones are gathered in a circle, remember?
Yes, I was thinking that. I just think it's odd that none of the seats in sight are empty. Even if it is twelve people, two seats will be empty (unless Sora's there, making it one empty seat).

What intrigues me more though is that Master Xehanort sits in the highest throne and Ansem SoD and Xemnas apparently to his right and left, the only two persons who seem to have their hood down. *eagle eyes*
It looks to me like one more person, to the left of Xemnas/Ansem SoD (whichever it is) in one of the lowest seats has their hood down, but I can't for the life of me tell who it is.

Edit: And the Twilight Town clock tower scene has Axel in it, not Lea.
I'm thinking that's going to be part of a memory Axel's having right after he disappears/right before he wakes up as Lea. Of course his last and first thoughts would be of Roxas. :3

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So, Mysterious Figure is that Young Master Xehanort from that scene?

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
So, Mysterious Figure is that Young Master Xehanort from that scene?
It's certainly looking like the MF is some kind of Xehanort at this point. We can't be sure, but the plethora of Xehanorts would appear to be indicative of that. At first I thought Ansem SoD and Xemnas were shadows of the MF but that doesn't appear to be very likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back