• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 3D NA + EU Releases IN 2012 Confirmed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I find it extremely hilarious the Japanese trailer is on the International page but STILL isn't on the Japanese page xD

Well, the PR divisions in North America and Europe want to sort of "keep up" with Japan more regularly now. It's also why we saw Final Fantasy XIII-2 domestic PR and media within a few days of Famitsu and Jump.

Expect this to be a regular thing with high-profile Square-Enix games going forward.

sdr08

Im betting April or May, but September at the latest, do they really have to wait for E3 to show it off

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Im betting April or May, but September at the latest, do they really have to wait for E3 to show it off

Not really. They can easily just buy commercial spots, but I think it costs a lot more to show a commercial on TV than it is to show a game at a game show.

Again, E3 is in early June. The game can be shown off and fit into a late Spring (that is like mid to late June)/early Summer (the very end of June to early July) release date.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
if it releases within a 3 month span, it will be easier no to spoil the game.

I guess I'll try to stay away from here, and only check for release dates :)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
This reminds me of New York Comic-con when one of the SE reps said to me when I asked him about DDD: "Well, it hasn't been confirmed for the US yet, so I'm not even sure if we will ever see it [/sarcasm]." Did he honestly expect me to believe him?!?!? Really, I don't see why SE posts things like "Good news for those who didn't expect it" WHO DIDN'T EXPECT IT?!?!?! Considering they announced it at E3 which is a US event, that is completely redundant if they didn't release it in the US -__-

sdr08

Not really. They can easily just buy commercial spots, but I think it costs a lot more to show a commercial on TV than it is to show a game at a game show.

Again, E3 is in early June. The game can be shown off and fit into a late Spring (that is like mid to late June)/early Summer (the very end of June to early July) release date.

Can they just put a english trailer on the site, then spread the news through FB and Twitter, at least it will cost less

Esquire

I think the ideal release date commercially would be instantly after E3 but I think selfishly all the fan base want it instantly after jp which would be brilliant.

IIRC, inFamous 2 was shown at E3 this year the exact same day it was released. So maybe we'll get that lucky with 3D.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I think the ideal release date commercially would be instantly after E3 but I think selfishly all the fan base want it instantly after jp which would be brilliant.

What you have to understand is, the majority of the people who want DDD and are planning to buy it on launch already know about and follow it. Waiting till after E3 will more than likely just result in less people retaining interest than anything.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Can they just put a english trailer on the site, then spread the news through FB and Twitter, at least it will cost less

And then they'd suffer from low-average sales because the game wasn't advertised well enough. The point of commercial advertisement is to get the people who don't religiously follow game news to be informed, and for a series that is aimed to children the people that need to be informed are the parents who will be buying these games for their kids.

Us people online who follow KH news are a minority, not the majority.

Roro

Awards
I always thought it was a given that the international versions would be released in 2012, but hey news is news i'm glad we're hearing this from the source!
So on the international website it says localized trailer coming soon...how soon do you guys think is "soon" for the localized version? I'm just curious o.o

deep_but_stupid

What you have to understand is, the majority of the people who want DDD and are planning to buy it on launch already know about and follow it. Waiting till after E3 will more than likely just result in less people retaining interest than anything.

Yes, but not all players are avid followers, some are just players, and then there's the market of 3ds owners just looking for a decent new game which would make a large chunk of sales. I'm not saying they should hold the game back if it was finished months before but it can't be denyed that a presence at E3 would boost sales.

Edit. just noticed UK square enix have posted the japanese trailer, nothing new but good to see it getting hyped, bodes well for a quick localisation !

Last edited:

deep_but_stupid

Had to say I panicked when I read "saga reach its conclusion", but then I read "current" and calmed down. At least its saying "kh3 is actually coming, really", pretty much.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Yes, but not all players are avid followers, some are just players, and then there's the market of 3ds owners just looking for a decent new game which would make a large chunk of sales. I'm not saying they should hold the game back if it was finished months before but it can't be denyed that a presence at E3 would boost sales.

Edit. just noticed UK square enix have posted the japanese trailer, nothing new but good to see it getting hyped, bodes well for a quick localisation !

You're acting like it can't be shown at E3 if it comes out before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back