• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 3D NA + EU Releases IN 2012 Confirmed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamboatwillis

Yes it's true Kingdom Hearts 3D will come out next year in 2012 in both Europe and North America. This information was revealed via twitter and facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/KingdomHearts
https://twitter.com/#!/KH_Official_NA
http://release.square-enix.com/na/2011/12/20_01.html

Square Enix also revealed the following gameplay details. The game will feature:
Dual protagonists - Play as the two most popular characters of the franchise, Sora and Riku.

"Free-flow" action - Enjoy fast and effortless movements while interacting with the environment and performing acrobatic attacks.

Brand-new creatures - Dream Eaters inhabit the Sleeping Worlds, and are split into two categories: Spirits and Nightmares. Recruit over 50 different types of Spirits as allies to fight alongside Sora and Riku.
New Disney Worlds - Beloved Disney worlds and characters, such as La Cit des Cloches (The Hunchback
of Notre Dame), make their series debut.

Story Progression - With updated looks for Sora and Riku, and the impending conflict made clear, this title is a big step forward in the series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
lol I would bloody well hope it comes before September 17th, then. Although if the Japanese March release is on the 28th, the September 17th NA release would fit it.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Fantastic news! It seems that we will be getting an English trailer very soon then. I can't wait :)

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
As long as its not during the summer, it is good

My summer is always so convoluted, and i never have the time for videogames :(

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
I like it when it comes out in March or September, any earlier/later usually feels weird. Coded was that way (ended up selling it anyway so lol).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm still saying late Spring/early Summer. No way they will hold this game back for six months to have nice anniversary dates. :/ you know how much they'd suffer from a lack of interest because the game would have been out for months?

Re:coded only had a three month gap, and other recent SE games have had about the same time gap.

This game is not like BBS where somehow we all can wait for eight months (and we still don't know why it took so long to come out considering it was explicitly stated that localization was finished in about three months :/). I'd find it a complete reversal of how SE has been treating their releases as of late. The gap in release dates have been getting smaller since BBS' release and if they decide to make some silly date choice based in nostalgia, I'm sorry but they are fools. :|

Last edited:

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I'm still saying late Spring/early Summer. No way they will hold this game back for six months to have nice anniversary dates. :/ you know how much they'd suffer from a lack of interest because the game would have been out for months?

Re:coded only had a three month gap, and other recently SE games have had about the same time gap.

This game is not like BBS where somehow we all can wait for eight months (and we still don't know why it took so long to come out considering it was implicitly stated that localization was finished in about three months :/). I'd find it a complete reversal of how SE has been treating their releases as of late. The gap in release dates have been getting smaller since BBS' release and if they decide to make some silly date choice based in nostalgia, I'm sorry but they are fools. :|

What if they decide to add extra features to the NA edition, like boss batles, cutsceanes, etc. Would that delay it?

Esquire

What if they decide to add extra features to the NA edition, like boss batles, cutsceanes, etc. Would that delay it?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was said that they were working on localization while they worked on the Japanese version. So I'd think anything like that would've been added in already.

Youniquee

Awards
More good news. That's great *U* Means we won't have such a gap between the time it comes out in Japan and EU/NA :D
Having no 3DS is really sad at this moment.

KHplaya

Lol i was hoping for more specific news, but im glad that they arnt takingtheir time this time -.-

bigbadcloud

well im calling it right now reless is JULY 9th 2012 my birthday :p also they will add in a secret boss form TWEWY like a reaper or the final boss of the game or im calling it as of right now NUMBER 9-12 somebodys will be extra bosses or MF

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Oh gawd. Here I was thinking of not purchasing a 3DS until a 3DS Lite was out, but at this rate I may just give in and buy one. Ugh.

How many people are planning on buying the game at launch? I wouldn't mind buying a 3DS if there were plenty of games, but there really aren't. I already suffered through the original DS' launch. I'm not going through that again.

This is like the one time I'm not happy at an announcement like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back