• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 3D NA + EU Releases IN 2012 Confirmed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

raycat27_2003

Awards
Alright, so if that's the case, do you think that Square's gonna pull a 13-2 and release it a month after Japan get it??

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Yaaaaaay! Even though i was sure about the 2012 date it's nice to have confirmation and if they said it so fast after the JF and Japanese trailer guys i think we are in for a pleasant surprise. March for JP and NA/EU maybe!? :D

Or late May/June

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I'm expecting a May/June release for America. Although the best case scenario would be if they did pull a XIII-2 and released it a month after the Japanese release date. But i'm not getting my hopes up on them pulling a XIII-2.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Wouldn't it make sense for it to release in July or August? That way it could benefit from being shown on E3. Of course, I'd like it right now being the fan I am. But I'd also like this game to sell well, in order to motivate SE into putting more focus into the KH series in the future.

Princess-Sammi

What good news. :)

Fingers crossed that they'll release a KH-themed Nintendo 3DS bundle in each pertaining region ...

Absolute

I'm guessing at BEST a June release, which would be 3 months after their release. A late summer release is pushing it, especially if they are saying that they are doing this together. A later date than even that is just crazy.

I'm still saying late Spring/early Summer. No way they will hold this game back for six months to have nice anniversary dates. :/ you know how much they'd suffer from a lack of interest because the game would have been out for months?

Re:coded only had a three month gap, and other recent SE games have had about the same time gap.

This game is not like BBS where somehow we all can wait for eight months (and we still don't know why it took so long to come out considering it was explicitly stated that localization was finished in about three months :/). I'd find it a complete reversal of how SE has been treating their releases as of late. The gap in release dates have been getting smaller since BBS' release and if they decide to make some silly date choice based in nostalgia, I'm sorry but they are fools. :|

Made more hilarious with the FM version being released a few months after that.

roxas7

I'm guessing June release to its not to far away from the japanese release and not to close

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Oh gawd. Here I was thinking of not purchasing a 3DS until a 3DS Lite was out, but at this rate I may just give in and buy one. Ugh.

How many people are planning on buying the game at launch? I wouldn't mind buying a 3DS if there were plenty of games, but there really aren't. I already suffered through the original DS' launch. I'm not going through that again.

This is like the one time I'm not happy at an announcement like this.

My plan has always been to get a 3DS when the newer version dropped or when KH3D comes out, whichever happens first. At this rate, DDD will be out first, but I may end up getting a 3DS for Christmas anyways. If I do, I'll just happily use it until the new Lite version comes out and sell it towards paying for the next iteration. No biggie. I'm more worried about the Vita and it's retarded memory stick prices, but that's another topic altogether.

SilenceTheTardis

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they doing some of the NA/EU localization during Japanese development? I was expecting it to launch over here maybe a month or two after Japan, but the promise of '2012' without specifying a month has me a little worried it won't be available 'til the end of the year. Nintendo did the same thing, promising 20 free games to early adopters of the 3DS. They said in June that all the games would be available in 2011, and they didn't release the final 10 until mid-December.

UltimaJackpot

Late Spring/Early summer seems like a sound bet.

I'm really pleased to see that Square Enix is actually following through on trying to streamline development/localization times between games.

Awards
Re: BREAKING NEWS KH 3D RELEASES IN 2012

They don't normally promote the Japanese trailers on English sites like that.
Plus, Square has been for a long time saying that they want to aim for simultaneous international releases.

I'm not saying I expect an English release date in March, but I can definitely see it coming out a month later, 3 months tops.

LordPhantomhive

Awards
Re: BREAKING NEWS KH 3D RELEASES IN 2012

"To those of you who were in doubt about an English release, fear no more!"
Who would doubt this?XD
Anyway hoping for a Summer release but it probably going to be release around Sept.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they doing some of the NA/EU localization during Japanese development? I was expecting it to launch over here maybe a month or two after Japan, but the promise of '2012' without specifying a month has me a little worried it won't be available 'til the end of the year. Nintendo did the same thing, promising 20 free games to early adopters of the 3DS. They said in June that all the games would be available in 2011, and they didn't release the final 10 until mid-December.

Square's never announced the NA version within a week after announcing the Japs' release date. Considering they've been localizing this game simultaneously and the recent trends of Square's localization times decreasing (see XIII-2), this is a good sign.

Makes you wonder how fast VsXIII will be localized.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Square's never announced the NA version within a week after announcing the Japs' release date. Considering they've been localizing this game simultaneously and the recent trends of Square's localization times decreasing (see XIII-2), this is a good sign.

Makes you wonder how fast VsXIII will be localized.

Same day release? :3 Nah that would be the best thing ever.

Anyway, i agree with Ethy. It's hilarious that the Jp traielr isn't on the Jp site and it's awesoem how they say localized traielr comes really soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back