• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 3D HD has no downsampling. Let's change that.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
VG Tech: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD PS4 vs PS4 Pro Frame Rate Test

The version tested was 1.02 for both the PS4 and the PS4 Pro.

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD runs at a native resolution of 1920x1080 on the PS4 and 3840x2160 on the PS4 Pro when outputting at 2160p. When the PS4 Pro is outputting at 1080p it runs at a native resolution of 1920x1080.

The PS4 Pro footage was captured in 1080p after starting the game in 4K. This was done to force downsampling to 1080p.

The frame pacing issues during cutscenes seem to be reduced when running the PS4 Pro is running natively at 1920x1080 (Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet).

Stats: http://*******/2kkKSgs
PS4 Frames Pixel Counted: DDD PS4 Frames - Album on Imgur
PS4 Pro 1080p Frames Pixel Counted: DDD 1080p PS4 Pro Frames - Album on Imgur
PS4 Pro 4K Frames Pixel Counted: DDD PS4 Pro 4K Frames - Album on Imgur

So basically if you have a PS4 Pro and you don't have a 4K TV, you don't get a better looking game, although you could be getting a much crisper-looking image. For unknown reasons, a lot of devs are doing this. Since this is KH we are talking about though and it could potentially affect all 4 games on 1.5+2.5, we need to get together and show that this is something we want.

I was thinking on posting a tweet and people retweeting and liking it so it gets some attention.

Something like this

We want a downsampling solution for #PS4ProDownsampling #KH3D #KH2 #BBS #CoM #KH @SquareEnix @PlayStation @_KINGDOMHEARTS @KINGDOMHEARTS

What do you guys think?

I am willing to post this on other KH forums, NeoGAF, etc

Pandymint

Awards
Don't mean to be a downer, but I don't see the big deal if it doesn't output at 4k natively. I'm perfectly happy with a 1080p tv and an OG PS4.

I'll be honest, I think 4k is really really dumb. Unless you blow the image up massively, your eye will never and I mean never be able to tell a difference between 1080p and 4k.

That being said, if it's something you believe in, then by all means spread the word. I know there are people out there who would support this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back