• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 358/2 Days Review

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

White Mushroom

I mean, I could be a little biased... but, really? You'd think if you were reviewing a game that takes place in the middle of a series you'd do a little research before hand (in terms of what Roxas is, that the Days mean the number of Days in the Organization--both of which become apparent through gameplay, anyway).

And then he/she goes on to write about four paragraphs on how the game uses to many /, ~, ., etc.. How is that a helpful review?

Meh.
That's what I was thinking.

BluesStar21

What, those upset KHtards who been crying at a eight? If anything goes by, I rather listen to the reviewer than the fantards who's crying at a high score of 8 because their shitty series is getting bashed.
Everyone like what Raz says has different opnions, I don't see why anyone would get upset over a KH game, the game isn't that great, even though it has the most interesting stories. combing Sqaure Enix's Final Fantasy and Disney movies was a great idea.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
OMG that is really low. I wish they gave it at least a 9. It deserves as much.

how in the world does 8/10=really low??????

anyway, I havn't got this gameinformer yet, hopefully i will get it soon, ive been waiting for this review.

Sora1915

Bronze Member
Nah, if you pace them and beat like 3 per day. They would not get annoying, at least for me.

Yeah, listening to reviewers' opinions is kinda dumb actually. You are the one who is gonna pay the money and play the game; at the end is your opinion what matters. Reviewers are a bunch of free-loadres :(
I played as many as I possibly could per day and I never got bored so I guess it is a matter of opinion ^^; Also, it will take a pretty long time to do that, I mean it took me 6 days when I never stopped playing xD Course I did some multi-player and extra side stuff during that time too but still....3 a day will take too long I mean a lot of the missions aren't that long, only the important ones are longer....

KrossWinter

Note that this is the October issue of GameInformer

Full Review:

After years of inactivity, the Kingdom Hearts series returns. This time, anxious players get to experience Roxas' story of his days in Organization XIII leading up to his awakening in the intro sequence to Kingdom Hearts II. Certain hallmarks of the series return, like fun combat, good production values, and an intriguing story. But what used to be a key advantage, the connection to Disney, has proven extremely lmiting to Square Enix. Every single world in 358/2 Days has already appeared in Kingdom Hearts, and the Disney characters don't serve much of a purpose in the game. Do we really need to be introduced to Genie again or investigate why Beast keeps a woman in his castle?

Wisely, the developers have focused most of the story on their own characters in Organization XIII. The tale of Roxas, Xion, and Axel is a touching one, and should be experienced by any fan of the series, though it could have been told much more concisely. You'll spend way too much time chatting and eating sea-salt ice cream. When it ramps up towards the end, however, it makes up for these dull moments.

The melee combat and upgrade system work very well. As you complete the games bite-sized missions you'll consistently earn useful goodies that can be applied to the innovative Tetris-like grid system. Placing things on your ever expandin panel unlocks new keyblades, combos, leveling multipliers, defensive maneuvers, magic, and more. Bashing the heck out of the wide variety of enemies satisfies in a classic way and the lock-on system does a good job of keeping foes in view. For some reason, the lock-on goes out the door when it comes to magic. You'll get steamed as a precious fire or ice spell drifts pathetically pat its intended target, and then you'll just stop using magic altogether.

The short mission structure is tailored for handheld play. Indeed, there are plenty of fun missions and challenging bosses battles, but things can get repetitive fast. You can replay missions to collect all the items, replay them with special challenge conditions, or replay them in mission mode with or without friends. Fortunately, you can skip many extraneous missions and still be powered up enough to beat the game. And that four-player co-op? It's local, and you can only replay missions you've already beaten, and you can't trade any items. Single player is up to snuff, but multiplayer is a clear missed opportunity.

The magic thing pissed me off.

BluesStar21

I never really did follow those reviews from the game magazines, I personally will try and see if I like the game. It happened to me a few times where the reviews said it was a horrible game, but in the end I find it the most fun.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Here, have a better scan.

9-15-20091.jpg

(the full Preview from Septembers GI issue can be seen here: http://forums.khinsider.com/358-2-days/132963-game-informer-scans-2.html#post4334383)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back