• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 358/2 Days could be better

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewJin

Sucks, I never got the chance to PLAY 358/2 days, but regardless, it's my fav story out of the whole series.

I'm sure some games in the series, such as 358 and coded were really there to help clear up the story, more than actually make a great and fun game.

Precursor Mar

I'm sure some games in the series, such as 358 and coded were really there to help clear up the story, more than actually make a great and fun game.

I feel like that's the case with all the non-numbered games imo. Even BBS and 3D feel like dumbed down versions of KH1 just with their own additions to the gameplay. 7 games and there still hasn't been an entry that surpasses KH2 for me.

Fortissimo

It's one of my favorite games in the series. If anything the graphics could have been better but I really don't know anything about the inter workings of A DS graphics card so i'm not going to judge too hard. I don't think it was any more repetitive than any other Kh game. Go to a world, fight monsters to get some story and then fight a boss to get major development. It was just in a different layout and it didn't have any mini games. For me, it was the easiest to understand. I think thats why I liked it so much.

Though its probably a good thing it didn't get a remake. The game was too small for that.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I feel like that's the case with all the non-numbered games imo. Even BBS and 3D feel like dumbed down versions of KH1 just with their own additions to the gameplay. 7 games and there still hasn't been an entry that surpasses KH2 for me.

I think those additions enhanced the experience. My sentiments are completely opposite. I feel like BBS and DDD are more mature of an evolution for the series, especially in terms of fleshed out, customizable gameplay. KHII feels very watered down, even on Proud Mode -haven't played Critical on FM yet, but I doubt that mode will change the dynamics of the game.

Jotari

Awards
Xion should have been playable for half of the game's missions, it is called /2 after all. Then we could have had proper Xigbar, Axel and Riku boss fights. They also shouldn't have removed Pinocchio world. The whole real boy theming would have fit the game so well. Unfortunately with DDD saying Pinocchio's world never woke up we're not going to see it even if there was a complete remake of Days.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I have to agree, 358/2 Days is the only game in the series were I took breaks for several weeks because it was just exhausting. The gameplay is tedious, the missions seem to repeat themselves endlessly and the story took way too long before it got interesting. The whole game felt more like a dungeon crawler than Re:coded, something I never really liked.

Also I'm no fan of Xion, I think she's an okay character but more of an afterthought than really contributing to the events, kind of like Kairi, except Kairi doesn't appear in every scene in KH or KHII. I would have liked it better if the game was featuring the Organization XIII more, especially the members that got only little screen time in CoM and KHII. In this regard it wasted much potential.

KHII feels very watered down, even on Proud Mode -haven't played Critical on FM yet, but I doubt that mode will change the dynamics of the game.
I think it does. I'm currently playing on Critical (for the first time in KHII, I completed the FM before on the PS2 though) and it's amazing what difference it makes if you have to adapt to the enemies, especially before you get essential abilities like Second Chance or Leaf Bracer, and how long the boss fights become. I couldn't imagine a level 1 run though, not if you want to enjoy all the content (Underdrome cups, Cavern of Remembrance).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back