• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 3 vs 2.8 Graphics

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

yremissa

They said that 0.2 will give us a taste of how KH3is . I still have the feeling that the trailers of KH3 are more cartoony than 0.2.
0.2 more realistic ans a bit plastic-y. the game looks great though!
But when I look at Back Cover, the trailer looks exactly like the cutscene in the trailer of KH3.
So why did they choose for that look for 0.2, but not for 3 and BC?

Or am I the only one with that impression?

Muke

whatever
Awards
????
They all look the same to me, except for Sora's model, which looks a bit more refined in the KH3 trailers

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Some of the assets look a lot better than others in both games. It's hard to make a final ruling on the situation because we've never really seen a Kingdom Hearts game with 'in-progress' graphics since KH1's development; the games have been reusing the same shit for eons. I'd love to see KH3 outdo 2.8, but I also wouldn't mind them being consistent with one another.

yremissa

Well an example is the water!
Look at the water of Destiny Island (KH 0.2) and the water of Mount Olympus (KH 3). I have the feeling that the water in Mount Olympus is different from the water of Destiny Island. I m not talking about the colour, but the texture.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You have to remember that the trailer where we saw water in Olympus was released 18 months ago. The water in KH3 could look more like the water present in 0.2.

They could also be going for a different feel, having different looks on some things to match the aesthetic of the world. That would be trying to match the look for the source material as well, and with Hercules being more cartoony then the water texture could be reflecting that as opposed to an original world such as Destiny Islands.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
You have to remember that the trailer where we saw water in Olympus was released 18 months ago. The water in KH3 could look more like the water present in 0.2.

The E3 trailer was released before 2.8 was even publicly announced. The next best thing we had was the D23 Japan footage and the character models didn't have as much definition as 2.8 currently does.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Remember when 2.8 used to look this bad?lol
KH02BBS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back