• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 20 years anniversary is in 2022

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What is Nomra planning for the 20th anniversary

• A remake of KH1 with unreal engine (let's start from scratch)

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • A new compilation on PS5 with some improvements (let's solidify the base)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • A Disney+ show (let's expand our territory)

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • The next title (let's be predictable)

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • An event of some sort in Tokyo (let's be uninspired)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
There's nothing to suggest this.
The show will begin with KH1's story first, wouldn't it? Whether it will continue for 10 games' worth of story is debatable, but my guess is that's unlikely to happen. If it's going to be an anime, maybe? But I can't see a 3D show going on that long.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The show will begin with KH1's story first, wouldn't it? Whether it will continue for 10 games' worth of story is debatable, but my guess is that's unlikely to happen. If it's going to be an anime, maybe? But I can't see a 3D show going on that long.

We don't know what the show will be about. It could be a retelling, it could be an original story, etc.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Oh, I thought it would be a show version of the game story.

2 quid is good

Awards
Scenes when the Disney plus show becomes not only plot relevant but necessary to understanding the story.

Because continuity lockout is always good.

Anyway I say this, but I already have D+ (probably gonna cancel this month though) so I doubt I won't pick it up again for KH

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Oh, I thought it would be a show version of the game story.
It still might be, but it could be anything really. It could be a retelling, a reboot of sorts or tell an original story.

With how many new development Limit Cut set up I wouldn't be too surprised if it told one of those Storylines that take place in the year time skip. I'm thinking they could follow Mickey, Donald and Goofy as they revisit the worlds, this could function as a retelling and an original storyline. AVT and the Twilight Gang's stories could also work or be used as b plots.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wish I could choose both the Disney+ series and the next game in the poll. But I’ll just stick with the next game.

Foxycian

Awards
Union X remake! Or possibly remaster as a movie? or Kh1 remake!!!

Haha Alright jokes Aside... I’m guessing that it will be the next title!

whatever it is I’m looking forward to it.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm starting to think DDD2 & KH4 are one and the same. The journey to find & save Sora will be the main objective of KH4. Sora himself will probably get a KH2-like prologue in Shibuya.
So Sora will be the prologue and Kairi/Riku will be the star of KH 4? That will be a very different way to start Phase 2.

If they are the same thing, perhaps Riku/Kairi will be the prologue, then Sora will be KH 4? I just want Kairi especially to get a full game to herself without Sora around.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I have a hard time imagining the plot of KH4 being "Save Sora", seeing numbered games have historically been one's to feature and focus on Sora, Donald and Goofy. They could obviously deviate from the established norm, but I'd be surprised.

I could see Kairi and Riku retrieving Sora maybe being the prolog. But honestly it feels more like the climax of a game story beat wise.

I can't help, but feel there's one more non-numbered game due before KH4. Especially with how limit cut ended. Melody of Memories doesn't really seem to be about what the Fairy Godmother hinted at. If anything I've got the impression the scene of Riku and Kairi in the Final World is going to be the ending of this game and set up for the next non-numbered game that will delve into Riku and "the other two"'s dreams.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
I know SE is a Japanese company,but it's not like Disney USA doesn't have any hand in KH either, and we have guessed that KH3 put KH on Disney's radar, so is the chance the event would be both in JP and USA still zero?

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
You know a Disney+ show will be a re-telling of KH1, too... :p I'd be surprised if it continued long enough to go through CoM, KH2, 3D, and KH3...

You know I didn't even think of that but that makes a lot of sense. I wonder if they will finally resolve Tarzan's rights issues? lol
If they were to do CoM to save time it'd be cool if they did a revolving storyline kind of like TLOU2 where they switch between Sora and Riku's perspectives in each episode.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'll predict a new game maybe...and maybe some special merch to celebrate? I'm assuming they are working on a new game for 2022 and a anniversary release would be something to really cap it off.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I know SE is a Japanese company,but it's not like Disney USA doesn't have any hand in KH either, and we have guessed that KH3 put KH on Disney's radar, so is the chance the event would be both in JP and USA still zero?
It'll remain zero if the situation with the pandemic doesn't improve by then. But assuming it does, in our case it would also depends on how much SENA cares, and their track record with KH does not inspire confidence.

I feel like the best outcome would be an announcement or release of a new installment because then nobody misses out.

horto12485

Awards
If only they released the Next Saga of Kingdom Hearts on the Playstation 5 maybe with Kingdom Hearts IV and a Title before Kingdom Hearts IV

Foxycian

Awards
If it’s the next title then it will probably come out on the PS5! I’m looking forward to the Anniversary for Sure.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I believe the Disney+ Kingdom Hearts show will be an alternate worldline of the Xehanort saga, a canonical reboot.

Back