• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 2 Final Mix I’m stuck on Barbossa’s boss fight on critical mode I’m level 19 and I can get past

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanoman123

KH 2 Final Mix I’m stuck on Barbossa’s boss fight on critical mode I’m level 19 and I can get past

Ok so I’ve died 17 times or so and I’m getting fed up twice I’ve died the other times it’s Jack who gets beat any strategies I can view?

Lanoman123

KH 2 Final Mix I’m stuck on Barbossa’s boss fight on critical mode I’m level 19 and I can’t get past

Ok so I’ve died 17 times or so and I’m getting fed up twice I’ve died the other times it’s Jack who gets beat any strategies I can view?

Meow Wow

Awards
Re: KH 2 Final Mix I’m stuck on Barbossa’s boss fight on critical mode I’m level 19 and I can get pa

Learn the bosses movements and/or go online to find good strategies. If you’re struggling on bosses then the best way to get stronger is to just start leveling up. You’ll get the boss down eventually.

Lanoman123

Re: KH 2 Final Mix I’m stuck on Barbossa’s boss fight on critical mode I’m level 19 and I can get pa

I’ve heard be lvl 30 by the Colosseum, how on Earth did I make it to Barbossa at lvl 19? I even stopped to grind for an hour or 2

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence

Level 19 is pretty under-levelled for where you are, as far as Critical Mode is concerned. You're going to want to do some level grinding elsewhere. I generally prefer to be in the mid-twenties; you're still going to be taking considerable amounts of damage, but you'll be able to deal it back equally. Not to mention you'll get Leaf Bracer at that point, which will help a bunch.

Are you taking advantage of your magic spells? Barbossa is vulnerable in the same way the other pirates are to the three standard spells. I strongly recommend Blizzard, as it freezes him in place and lets you get a good combo in. If Jack is the one dying, stay close to him when Barbossa is targeting him and parry his strikes with Reflect or watch for the Reaction Command prompts.

Lanoman123

Oh yeah Blizzard does wonders here, I’ve gotten him down to his last Health Bar but then he killed Jack, actually now that I think about it once I grind a little I can get some Hi-potions and heal up Jack every few minutes to keep him alive

Meow Wow

Awards

Another thing that helps for me personally (at least on crit lv 1) is to watch speedruns or even lv 1 videos and mimic their techniques.
This is especially useful when under leveled; although in your case, you should probably level grind a bit.

Sometimes it's crazy with speed running techniques, you'll start the fight and finish it in under two minutes because of how fast it went.

Also where did you hear you needed to be lv 30 by the coliseum? That seems very high considering the last world is about level 50-60

Tempo

Awards
Re: KH 2 Final Mix I’m stuck on Barbossa’s boss fight on critical mode I’m level 19 and I can’t get

i recommend looking up a speedrun strategy. barbossa, like all the undead pirates, is very weak to blizzard and freezes easily. you can sort of get him stuck over by the doorway where there's plenty of moonlight, and just alternate between freezing him and dealing a couple combos damage. you can speed that up by equipping hero's crest and doing only air combos.

Lanoman123

Some other person on a Crit guide said about lvl 30 around there also I beat it without grinding turns out what I needed to do was get 3 Hi Potions swap out Goofy for Donald and give them all Ethers, I was gonna go grind but that was a for fun attempt that I somehow got thru with anyways now I’ve beaten the Pride Lands by cheesing Scars fight with Wildcat but now I’m stuck on Twilight Town in the Sandlot the reason is cause of those big sword things 1 shotting me and it doesn’t help tat the 3rd wave is 3 of them lol I’m grinding as we speak in the Savannah area of the Pride Lands since it seems to give good EXP anyways thanks for the help man it was really helpful :)

Lanoman123

Re: KH 2 Final Mix I’m stuck on Barbossa’s boss fight on critical mode I’m level 19 and I can’t get

Air combos are OP AF tbh all I have to do is get out Starseeker and put Hero’s Crest on Valor then I freeze him and then I transform and get some combos in and rinse and repeat for 3 minutes

Meow Wow

Awards

Congrats for beating those worlds and fights. Now you've got the other half of the game.

So with the Berserkers in the Twilight town fight (and in general), guarding and magic is a big key. I don't remember what magic you have by then but generally...

When it comes to Nobodies, parrying is your best friend. A Berserker will drop its sword which then you can use against it. You can also swoop up all three of them and use the RC to deal damage. Magnet and thunder will also help but will cause them to counterattack most of the time. When they're doing the attack where they glow pink and hit the ground multiple times, it's best to get out of their way asap and reflect its final attack where it goes over you(no matter where you are) and hits down. The reflect should make them drop their sword, if my memory serves me right.

As in terms of what level to be where. I would recommend to be a few levels above what the game tells you for the worlds battle level.
And leveling up your drive forms will help you lots.

EDIT:
Summons are also OP AF. Again, I don’t remember what summons you get where, but learn to take advantage of each summons abilities, as well as combining magnet and some of their abilities. Same goes for limits.

Last edited:

Tempo

Awards

yep, most enemies in the game can be very easily dispatched with a combination of Magnet and Thunder, or Magnet and Air Combos (esp with Hero's Crest equipped). That's how you get through the vast majority of a level 1 run. Berserkers are no exception. just make sure to keep the hell out of the way if they end up doing their DM.

Lanoman123

Yup after 4 days of trying against Berserks I tried Reflect and that did it man that re visit was annoying... any other BS I should know about in TRON?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

General tip for the whole game: If you know a reaction command is coming, just spam Triangle instead of trying to time it. There isn't really a penalty for pressing triangle at the wrong time.

Lanoman123

Knew that already lol... just no skill involved

Lanoman123

Knew that already lol... just no skill involved

Last edited:

Lanoman123

Pretty crazy they just let you do that tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back