• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 2.8 E3 2016 Trailer Confirms Worldwide December 2016 Release

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Aqua Reveals Her Face In New Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Trailer

OThe Ursus foreteller is definitely voiced by Travis Willingham. I was trying to figure out why the Unicornis foreteller sounds so familiar, and I think it might be Nolan North!

HOLY CRAP IT DOES SOUND LIKE NOLAN NORTH...No. It's just Matthew Mercer.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Wait, Lea's name pronunciation was changed? Since when? (I mean, Lea is a common guy name AND it's usually pronounced "Lee." I don't see the problem here...?)
It's pronounced Lee-a in Japan.

kaidoku123

no the black hood in the trailer is DEFINITELY the same one (i've watched enough Gintama to know that Voice)

Muke

whatever
Awards

Oh boy, here we go again with the voices... xD

kaidoku123

no that's 100% kouki uchiyama (the scream is the exact one Banana does in Gundam Unicorn) can't say 100% about Mamoru Miyano but Kouki 100%

Xagzan

Awards

Any list of the Chi voice actors yet? I don't recognize any of them, though one reminded me of Patrick Seitz a little.

I'm just happy my wish to play Symphony of Sorcery on an actual TV is finally coming true.

Christ, nothing on KH3 till winter? So absurd.

stareyedprince

I saw the trailer when it popped up, but I couldn't comment much bc of finals lol

But honestly that trailer was everything it wanted it to be and then some. The environments were beautiful and colorful, and the voice acting was solid.

After watching the trailer a whole bunch of times, I'm content with the models, and they look very nice! I think it looks off to people because we are so used to the ps2 graphics and the HD intros, that this look is throwing people off. IMO, i feel like the new style feels like a nice hybrid of both. The little excerpt about no KH3 news until winter is a bit disheartening, but its fine because for now its time for KH 2.8 and FFXV.

Also I watched the Japanese trailer, and the black coat dude in both scenes is totally voiced by tomokazu sugita. Either its the same person or they're just using one voice actor for 2 characters (sugita does have good range so its possible). The fortellers also don't sound like a 1:1 match with the main cast voice actors. They sound similar, but there are some differences.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

For some reason, the town Aqua landed in reminded me of Traverse Town.

Black Cover looks amazing. Shame it's just a short movie and not gameplay

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

It's pronounced Lee-a in Japan.
psure name pronunciation changes aren't too uncommon between localization.
Besides, again, I don't really think there's a conspiracy against sorta-feminine names if Sora and Terra are guys.

For some reason, the town Aqua landed in reminded me of Traverse Town.

Black Cover looks amazing. Shame it's just a short movie and not gameplay
Wait, I thought that WAS Traverse Town, between the architecture, lighting, cobblestone, and lampposts...

lol, Back Cover's gameplay is KHX and UX. :p (yeah I know what you mean, but hey, it looks really interesting and not very much like the Days and Re:Coded "movies")

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

HJO re-recorded his DDD lines?
DARKNADO: THE SECOND ONE
ROY MUSTANG IS URSUS BA-BY

i rate the trailer 1/5 gears not enough skate shoes

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

who ovied ava she sound so farmilar?

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards

Oh man, 0.2 looks gorgeous! There are so many words I could use to describe the visuals, but none do it true justice. Just...damn, it looks great! Also Terra popping up. Time doing wonky things in the RoD, not even memories are safe...this place keeps getting crazier by the moment. Just what happened there?

Not gonna lie, I wasn't sure what to expect from Back Cover as the first trailers were text with images of a DttH platform with the Union Symbols on it. But now I'm stoked. It looks so damn good, the voices are great, it literally feels like a KH Movie. Also, Black Coat guy. The one with Unicornis guy, he just shrugs off the whole war with an attitude like Xigbar's and I love it. That will be amazing to see. So much hype right now. So much hype.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

OMG!!! Everything I hoped for and more! :D :D :D
[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It'd still be nice with a little KH III Trailer as well but that 2.8 trailer was fucking perfect, FUCKING PERFECT I TELL YOU!!! :D [/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Those graphics were next to perfect, the gameplay looked really cool, I especially love that horde of shadows and the level design was the most fucking gorgeous shit ever.
Also, was that Quinton Flynn speaking with the organization coat saying "Nah, not possible"???
It was definitely Jesse McCartney as the grey haired kid, I really liked when the pink dressed master was running and the camera got all awesome as well :)
I've been thinking about buying a Android for work related reasons so maybe I'll actually get a chance to play X as well now that it's coming to EU, maybe...
It will really piss me of if I miss out on that shit permanently.

Anyway, playing 3D again will also be neat :)
[/FONT]

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards

Isn't Skuld an actual person's name taken from mythology while Ephemera normally just describes a phenomena?

Yup, Skuld is from Norse mythology.
I actually like the fact that they changed it to Ephemer, because in my third language, Romanian, written like "efemer", it's the male adjective for the English "ephemeral". Also in Ancient Greek "ephemeros" literally is the adjective, while "ephemera" is a Medieval Latin term for illness that lasts a day... and actually there are more meanings and interpretations as have been discussed in other threads already but then again, we know how the Japanese choose their names especially from languages like Latin. As long as it sounds cool ---- ! my friend Rita who studies Ancient Greek and Latin still is like "???" to Noct's full name, Noctis Lucis Caelum

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

OMG!!! Everything I hoped for and more! :D :D :D
It was definitely Jesse McCartney as the grey haired kid, I really liked when the pink dressed master was running and the camera got all awesome as well :)

It was not. Jesse McCartney does not play Epehemer[a]?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back