• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 2.5 Drive Gauge Stuck on Zero

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

JET8485

Hi all, new member here, so apologies if this has already been answered somewhere, but I've searched around and not found anything on this.

I'm playing KH 2.5 on PS3 and my drive gauge is apparently permanently stuck at zero. Both my drive command and my summon command are greyed out and unusable. I have used drive and summon earlier in the game, but not been able to for several worlds. I'm currently on the Tron section, and the last time I remember being able to use drive or summon was the Mulan section.

I have a drive recovery, but even if I try using that, it tells me it will have no effect. I'm currently stuck on the boss of the Tron section, and am really struggling to beat him without being able to use a drive or summon.

Has anyone seen this before, or know of a fix? I don't have much time to game, and I really want to finish the story before starting KH3 which my children got me as a christmas gift.

okhi12

Awards
That's odd. Can you exit Tron's world at that point? Probably not, but if you could, maybe you could try to enter one of the Underworld cups that disable de drive gauge and then exit the cup. Maybe that will reset it. I don't know if that will fix it, but it is the only thing that comes to my mind. I guess you don't have an earlier save from before the drive gauge went missing? Even if you have to replay a couple of worlds...

JET8485

Thanks so much for the response okhi12. I was kind of wondering if it might have gotten glitched during one of those battles where your drive is locked. I didn't think of trying the underworld cups to un-glitch it though, thanks! I actually think I can get out to the gummi ship from where I'm at. I'll give that a shot when I get home this evening.

Again, really appreciate the response! I'm sure there are members in this forum that could easily beat the game without drive or summon, but I'm quite certain I'd be totally hosed late game! :tongue:

okhi12

Awards
I hope it works. Do you know if you have got any drive upgrades since it went glitched? I know you cannot see the drive gauge total number as it is stuck at zero, but maybe you can check it at the menu that displays Sora's stats. If I remember well you get upgrades to the drive gauge after defeating Barbossa (which I think you already did, but I'm not sure) and another upgrade after the Hostile Program fight which I believe is the one you're stuck on. I'm asking you this because maybe getting an upgrade would reset the gauge, but if you already fought Barbossa and the glitch is still present, then that doesn't work.
After a bit of research, the only glitch I've found that affects the drive gauge can happen when gambler nobodies transform Sora in a dice and then exits an area before he reverts to normal, but the person who described the glitch didn't say if there is a way to fix it. Do you remember if that happened to you? If so, maybe the solution is to let a gambler transform you again, and do nothing until the gauge empties and Sora reverts.

Back