• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 2.5 - BBS FM Ending - Will they change the 'BBS: Volume 2' Scene?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zul

Awards
Yeah, I also think a fragmentary passage fits well enough with KH3D itself, especially the end showing YMX-Ansem-Xemnas, then flashing MX, then showing sora disappearing is pretty much what happens in KH3D(him going to sleep and MX returning).

xfxrising

Website
www.youtube.com
It's not that I'm uninterested in the series looking into those stories, I just don't think they could be translated very well in a video game format. Especially if all three stories were to be told in one single video game.

Plus I think the series has kinda reached a point where the next new game should be Kingdom Hearts 3, and I don't know how successful another side-game would be at this point. It takes time and money to make these games, and I don't really see too many people buying BBSv2 at this point. The company would save a lot of money and they would probably be able to deliver these stories in a better manner if they were to release them as a set of novels or a collection of novellas.
Portable games are a LOT cheaper to produce tho compared to home console games and im certain that all the side games have been profitable. Noruma most likely already has most of the untold stories planned out, they already have the game engine and most textures and models can just be reused 1.5 HD remix/3DD. Even tho it would probably work out better as mangas, it's still in Square's best interest to make it into a game seeing as how much more money they would gain vs other media. Or they could just make a game and manga like with days and com, i'll be fine with that lol

xfxrising

Website
www.youtube.com
There is so much potential with Volume 2, it's not even funny. That's why I believe the game should be a part of the next Saga. Aqua has been in the RoD for TEN years. Who's to say that she hasn't met the Villain of the next Saga? Maybe even helped him escape the RoD cause he was trapped in there. BBSV2 could be to the second Saga just as BBS was to the first. A game that shows us the past of the Saga's main Villain and his story.

Wow, i haven't even thought of that lol. I like the idea quite a lot :p

The game wouldn't be messy at all, like some people are arguing. Sure the scenarios wouldn't take place all at the same time period like the scenarios in COM or BBS, did, but that isn't a big deal. Most of the same worlds can still be used for all 3 scenarios just with them visiting said worlds at different times in the series. Think of all the worlds we know were trapped in the Realm of Darkness at some point: Land of Dragons, Pride Lands, Castle of Dreams, Pranksters Paradise, 101 Dalmatians, ect. Right there are a bunch of worlds for Mickey and Aqua's scenario since their scenarios would take place mostly in the Realm of Darkness. And then Riku can visit a lot of those same worlds in his scenario, except he'll visit them during the 358/2 Days time period, after they have been restored to the realm of light. And then of course they can have playable bits and snippets of Riku's work for Maleficent in KH1, like Riku kidnapping Belle in Beast's Castle. Or Riku meeting Xemnas during KH2 like he did in the novels. We can also play some of Mickey's travels to Radiant Gardens when he met Ansem the Wise or him meeting Leon and the gang, and also Mickey must have met Merlin somehow cause it was Mickey who asked Merlin to help SDG in KH1. And most of these worlds can work easily in all 3 scenarios.
Are you sure your not a square enix developer? You seem to have everything planned out already lol

And hey, I'm sure Vita owners would love to finally have something to play. And shoot, if they do the cross-play thing, then PS3 players can play it too. Everyone wins!
As a vita owner, i can vouch for this lmfao! KH3 will no doubt have some sort of multiplayer like BBS did (Shame it was only local) so cross play between KH3 and BBSv2 would be neat. They could do things like linking a BBSv2 game to KH3 to unlock a secret keyblade or a hidden story/world/area or something too which would be fricken awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Are you sure your not a square enix developer? You seem to have everything planned out already lol

lol nah, I just have too much time on my hands. I have a nack for taking stories I like, but feel could be done better, and figuring out how I would have written the story. Most of the time, it's just small little changes i would make to the story, but sometime it's redoing the whole story. Like for example, if I wrote the story for Re:Coded I would have tried to make it to where it was more like a chain of memories type of game that involved KH2 worlds and BBS worlds, instead of just reusing KH1 worlds again.

But BBSV2 is actually one of the easiest games I could see anyone making. There is just so much there to work with. I mean like for example, if Aqua visits Beast's Castle in the Realm of Darkness, the pipe organ Forte could have Fife the flute to spy on her. When Fife reveals that Aqua wants to return Beast's Castle to the realm of light, Forte gets pissed off because he would rather stay in the realm of darkness so that the enchantment placed on the residents of the castle will become permanent and he can remain and immortal pipe organ. So one thing leads to another and Aqua ends up having to battle Forte.

Or for example if Aqua visits Enchanted Dominion in the Realm of Darkness, imagine if she met Maleficent there after Sora defeated her in Hollow Bastion. (In Chain of Memories, Vexen said Maleficent became trapped in the Realm of Darkness following her fight with Sora in KH1) Aqua could fight Maleficent and somehow cause her to be trapped, which would help to explain why it took her a whole year to return to the realm of light in KH2.

Or in Dwarf Woodland Aqua or Mickey could fight the Evil Queen since she disappeared after the Dwarves chased her away in BBS. She was never said to have been killed, so she could have somehow ended up in the Realm of Darkness.

OH and BTW, don't double post on a thread, it's against the rules. If you post, you have to wait until someone else post's on that thread before you can post again. It's no big deal since you're new, but try to remember to be careful in the future.

State

Awards
Personally, I could care less if they release another game besides KH3, but it's high-time they release the final chapter of this saga. They're remastering essential pieces of this arc, so it's prudent that, after these plot-juicy games, they release the last one. Also, what would Vol. 2 establish to the series? coded, Days and BbS all established new things (the data inside Sora's heart, Xemnas' Xehanortification plan and who Xehanort really is). What would Vol. 2 establish? How and why Mickey got the DKK? Is that really necessary? What he, Riku and Aqua did in the RoD? Is that also a necessity? How would this affect the current development of the plot?

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Personally, I could care less if they release another game besides KH3, but it's high-time they release the final chapter of this saga. They're remastering essential pieces of this arc, so it's prudent that, after these plot-juicy games, they release the last one. Also, what would Vol. 2 establish to the series? coded, Days and BbS all established new things (the data inside Sora's heart, Xemnas' Xehanortification plan and who Xehanort really is). What would Vol. 2 establish? How and why Mickey got the DKK? Is that really necessary? What he, Riku and Aqua did in the RoD? Is that also a necessity? How would this affect the current development of the plot?

THIS.

Another point to be made is that I sincerely think that, for the most part, only the more serious/die-hard fans of KH would really interested in a BbS Vol. 2 video game. Let's all stop for a moment and recognize the fact that we're all discussing this topic at a forum that is meant for serious KH fans.

But what about the casual fans? I don't know about anyone else here, but I can safely say that the majority of casual fans I've met and talked with just want S-E to make Kingdom Hearts 3 already. And it's rather obvious that a large portion of them will already start off with a lot of confusion. How many casual fans do you think have played both Dream Drop Distance and Birth by Sleep? I've seen enough that have played one of them, but I can probably count the number of people I personally know that have played both games with one hand, and that's just the two "main" games released on handheld.

I have nothing against the idea of S-E telling those stories. I do want to know what happened with Mickey, Riku and Aqua. But I think it'd all probably work better as either a collection of novels, or perhaps a series of OVAs.

State

Awards
THIS.

Another point to be made is that I sincerely think that, for the most part, only the more serious/die-hard fans of KH would really interested in a BbS Vol. 2 video game. Let's all stop for a moment and recognize the fact that we're all discussing this topic at a forum that is meant for serious KH fans.

But what about the casual fans? I don't know about anyone else here, but I can safely say that the majority of casual fans I've met and talked with just want S-E to make Kingdom Hearts 3 already. And it's rather obvious that a large portion of them will already start off with a lot of confusion. How many casual fans do you think have played both Dream Drop Distance and Birth by Sleep? I've seen enough that have played one of them, but I can probably count the number of people I personally know that have played both games with one hand, and that's just the two "main" games released on handheld.

I have nothing against the idea of S-E telling those stories. I do want to know what happened with Mickey, Riku and Aqua. But I think it'd all probably work better as either a collection of novels, or perhaps a series of OVAs.

I wholeheartedly concur with you. They could also release a manga of Riku's, Mickey's and Aqua's arc in the Realm of Darkness.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Mangas are hardly the most accessible form to have such a story though.

Best case scenario for such a story to be told is if in some form its included with KH3.

Theta

To me, the Blank Points and A fragmentary passage scenes foreshadow the events and themes in 3D. (The hearts Sora is connected to, their "birth by sleep" and the "great power" from unlocking the Sleeping Keyholes, and Xehanort's return.)

I'm not seeing how it doesn't concern itself with the information presented during those scenes.

At the time they made Blank Points KH3D was hardly in conception if that. Nomura even said it "relates" to or "connects" to kh3, which it still would now, but in a weaker sense than what I suspect was intended in that interview. Because of that, any apparent connection kh3d had with blank points was worked in backwards. As for its connection with BBSV2, I can't say that it doesn't relate to it so much as the trailer doesn't relate to kh3d. Does kh3d really relate itself to Mickey's adventure in the dark realm, the period of Riku's absence, and other stuff especially when Nomura said that these were stories he was interested in telling. Sure that interview was six years ago now, but it still is a bit of a stretch to say that kh3d concerns itself with what was shown in the "trailer" for BBSV2.

Anyway Birth by Sleep concluded its story with a secret ending in the "blank points" that were never told. Starting at the "Zero point," they intended to tell the rest of the story in a volume 2 of Birth by Sleep. Thats what I think anyway.

Best case scenario for such a story to be told is if in some form its included with KH3.

Before kh3d I thought they might be able to do that, but kh3 seems way too jam packed already to take on some of BBSV2's story without leaving some sense of being underwhelmed. I mean, theres the battle against Xehanort. Instead of new players taking on half an organization XIII as was done in kh2, its a full organization, each with their own backstory, all of whom can confuse the player beyond ever wanting to play a kh game again. Then there is the malevelont Maleficent's malicious plan to conquor the data worlds again. Then there are the seven guardians of light and the princesses of light. Everyone in torture has to be rescued, and I suppose this is part of the new Organization XIII deal to, but what is up with Terra-Eraqus-Xehanort. Lea just got a keyblade, and now Kairi is supposed to do something to! I don't even know how they will pull off the first item of the list to a semi-new player let alone all of them including those I've yet to mention to a totally new player!

Does anyone recalls Grass's theory that the "treasure" that would show at E3 2011 as the would be BBSV2. That was an incredibly impressive and convincing piece on why it would show, but for some reason the prediction turned out wrong. That was because the interviews themselves were inconsistent. Some pieces were taken when kh3d wasn't even in conception such as the note that the mystery game, which is now known to be bbsv2 would be out before the tenth anniversary, while others came while the two were both in existence, and then there might have even been some interviews taken after bbsv2 was shelved, but I can't recall. That theory should have been correct, and I think a lot of peoples rationales since that point has been to incorrectly assume that BBSV2 and KH3D are synonymous.

To answer the questions raised by seraph, I think the story is deserving of being told to both alleviate the plot of kh3, and wrap up all the chapters leading to the conclusion of the Xehanort saga. As the tenth anniversary game it was probably meant to connect the stories thus far. Even its setting, the dark realm, suggests this by virtue of its flow of time. Looking back, I don' think that would have been a smart move on their part as it would have only confused players as opposed to bringing them up to date. If they played most of the games up to that point it would have been fine, but selling to that group (aka us) simply isn't going to work. Because of that, I think, and hope it will be included in KH 2.5 Remix following the completion of the secret episode, even if only a collection of videos like days.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Well game companies have taken up little novellas for a story as a preorder bonus.
Square Enix did adopt this, as Final Fantasy XIII-2 had one.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Well game companies have taken up little novellas for a story as a preorder bonus.
Square Enix did adopt this, as Final Fantasy XIII-2 had one.
Now that I didn't quite know, but that is so,what the idea. Minus being exclusive to preorders. I'd also go fort what ubi did for ac2 and have a short film on disc(and not simply 1/3 of one like they did) if square feels that could cover it. Whatever works best for everyone I say.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
THIS.

There is one easy solution to this: Just announce BBSV2 alongside KH3. They announced BBS, Coded, and 358/2 Days together, so they can do the same for BBSV2 and KH3. Plus if they make BBSV2 for Vita then they can easily just port the vita version to the PS3/4 and that way it will still be included in Nomura's attempt to get all of the series on a console before KH3 is released.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
There is one easy solution to this: Just announce BBSV2 alongside KH3. They announced BBS, Coded, and 358/2 Days together, so they can do the same for BBSV2 and KH3. Plus if they make BBSV2 for Vita then they can easily just port the vita version to the PS3/4 and that way it will still be included in Nomura's attempt to get all of the series on a console before KH3 is released.

I just don't see too many people buying BbSv2 besides the diehard KH fans and people who might already have a Vita. Senor Pepito's idea of releasing the stories as novellas released as a package with KH3 would probably sell a lot better, bro.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

There's still the issue that there isn't really anything that BbSV2 strictly needs to cover. We've been up and down the series already and with BbSV2 being a sequel to a prequel (?), like Theart, I think there might be some issues regarding casual fans. KH is one long continuous story but for the most part it's made so people who've never played the games before can pick up almost any game and can at least invest themselves in the self contained story. If BbSV2 is what we think it is it'll have have three intersecting, but separate, stories but no overarching plot so I can't imagine anyone but hardcore fans really being interested in it.

With KH2FM they released a short story with it about Roxas's time in the Org. so, yeah, I'm cool with it being released as a novella or something along side KH3.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Personally, I'm kind of hoping that they do remove it. Since Nomura won't be working on it for a long while, assuming he ever works on it at all, it would only serve to confuse those who've never seen it before. Since 1.5 and 2.5 are meant to help fans recap the whole series before KH3, having a trailer for a game that currently isn't part of the story as part of the collection wouldn't be very helpful.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Personally, I'm kind of hoping that they do remove it. Since Nomura won't be working on it for a long while, assuming he ever works on it at all, it would only serve to confuse those who've never seen it before. Since 1.5 and 2.5 are meant to help fans recap the whole series before KH3, having a trailer for a game that currently isn't part of the story as part of the collection wouldn't be very helpful.

I agree. It just doesn't make any sense to convert this whole trailer into HD if it is only going to crush more hopes and confuse more people who play the games. I think they would probably just remove it completely and then either add in a trailer for KH3 or put nothing at all.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It doesn't matter if BBSv2 is never going to be made; I'll be really angry if they remove the content from BBS:FM.

The trailer still shows a lot of things that happen off screen which is really interesting.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
It doesn't matter if BBSv2 is never going to be made; I'll be really angry if they remove the content from BBS:FM.

The trailer still shows a lot of things that happen off screen which is really interesting.

It could go either way. Removing it would save time, but removing it would be removing exclusive content, even if it is kind of obsolete at this point. Not sure which Nomura will choose.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It could go either way. Removing it would save time, but removing it would be removing exclusive content, even if it is kind of obsolete at this point. Not sure which Nomura will choose.
I'm not sure how removing it would save any time, honestly. They could include it and easily decide not to upscale it.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm not sure how removing it would save any time, honestly. They could include it and easily decide not to upscale it.

Well, that would be the most time efficient method of all for sure, but then it would look bad. And a non-canonical (at least for now) hint to a game in low resolution on an HD television is just silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back