• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 2.5 - BBS FM Ending - Will they change the 'BBS: Volume 2' Scene?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xfxrising

Website
www.youtube.com
With the final mix ending losing pretty much all of its importance with Noruma stating in an interview that there isnt currently any plans for it (Correct me if im wrong!) do you think they will change it to a ending hinting at 3D? Even tho its already been released it would make sense since its the game following the release of BBS so it will keep the pattern going or do you think it could be changed to tease KH III? Hell, maybe BBS Vol 2 is actually a game in development to link the missing pieces in the story (Such as Riku's events from Beginning of KH 1 - End of KH 2 and what Mickey + Aqua have been doing in this time) set to be released on Vita after 2.5 is released!? After all Noruma did say he had plans for Vita and has shown interest in the device, but there's the chance that may have changed due to Square's recent financial issues and the poor sales of the Vita but then again, a recent Famitsu poll did show that people are interested by the Vita (This poll was pre-price drop too btw) and recent sales after the price drop have reflected that. I still think it's unlikely tho since it was said that 3D will be the last new title before 3D. Maybe the final mix ending wont be changed at all, who knows.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
there's no real point to changing it and i don't think they will, unless deep dive/another side another story was removed from kh1fm to give it some sort of precedent. they're interesting pieces of history that i think most fans new or old would be interested in seeing.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Here is the thing: Nomura said after KH2FM was released back in 2007 that there was 4 untold stories he wanted to cover.

1. Xehanort's Past (Birth By Sleep)
2. Roxas' Time in Organization XIII (358/2 Days)
3. Mickey's Periods of Absence throughout the Series and his Adventure in the Realm of Darkness
4. Riku's Periods of Absence throughout the Series.

So far two of the four stories have been told, but the stories regarding Mickey and Riku have not. From the scenes shown in the secret ending of BBSFM, it looked as though whatever game it may or could have hinted at would have covered these final 2 unknown stories. And along with those 2 stories it seems it may have also covered Aqua's time in the Realm of Darkness.

So if BBSV2 were ever to become a game, it seems it would cover the stories of Mickey, Riku, and Aqua. In other words it would cover the unseen side of the whole series thus far. Personally I would prefer if they did make this game and release it before they come out with KH3, because these are the last 3 stories needed to be told in order to fill in all the gaps in the Xehanort Saga before we get to KH3.

Though i'm not sure how visiting worlds in the Realm of Darkness would work.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
There is no Birth by Sleep Volume 2. There isn't, there will never be.

Except... it already was. In my personal opinion, Dream Drop Distance is Volume 2. Which makes all sort of sense to me.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Here is the thing: Nomura said after KH2FM was released back in 2007 that there was 4 untold stories he wanted to cover.

3. Mickey's Periods of Absence throughout the Series and his Adventure in the Realm of Darkness

So far two of the four stories have been told, but the stories regarding Mickey and Riku have not. From the scenes shown in the secret ending of BBSFM, it looked as though whatever game it may or could have hinted at would have covered these final 2 unknown stories. And along with those 2 stories it seems it may have also covered Aqua's time in the Realm of Darkness.

So if BBSV2 were ever to become a game, it seems it would cover the stories of Mickey, Riku, and Aqua. In other words it would cover the unseen side of the whole series thus far. Personally I would prefer if they did make this game and release it before they come out with KH3, because these are the last 3 stories needed to be told in order to fill in all the gaps in the Xehanort Saga before we get to KH3.

At this point, I'd rather they have someone write a novel covering those three stories. Also, when you think about it, it'd be kinda difficult to translate all of those stories into legitimate plots for each gameplay scenario. You could potentially approach it like Days, and have it all be missions, but I personally find that a bit jarring for games.

xfxrising

Website
www.youtube.com

Except... it already was. In my personal opinion, Dream Drop Distance is Volume 2. Which makes all sort of sense to me.

But that's what i mean... it doesn't have any significant meaning to us anymore (But they could be doing something that would make it important again) so are they gonna keep it the same or change it? Thats the whole point of this discussion xD

At this point, I'd rather they have someone write a novel covering those three stories. Also, when you think about it, it'd be kinda difficult to translate all of those stories into legitimate plots for each scenario. You could potentially approach it like Days, and have it all be missions, but I personally find that a bit jarring.

I agree :) but the KH team do all kinds of crazy shiz so probably could find a away to make things work lol. i was thinking the same thing about KH 3 considering the main focus is the keyblade war, how will they make all the world traveling work?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
At this point, I'd rather they have someone write a novel covering those three stories. Also, when you think about it, it'd be kinda difficult to translate all of those stories into legitimate plots for each gameplay scenario. You could potentially approach it like Days, and have it all be missions, but I personally find that a bit jarring for games.

I can roll with that. I think I'm in the minority of people who aren't interested in the prospect of a BbSV2, partly because if it is covering Riku, Mickey, and Aqua's stories all at once it just seems messy to get through. If they had to tell the story (and Nomura said there's a story to be told) I'm fine with it being in a set of novels for each character. Or one broken into parts.

Theta

I couldn't agree more.

BBSV2 didn't just disappear when kh3d showed up. Then again it didn't take long after kh3d for BBSV2 to be shelved. I'd also think it if DDD were that, then it would concern itself with what was shown at the end of the secret episoe.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I can roll with that. I think I'm in the minority of people who aren't interested in the prospect of a BbSV2, partly because if it is covering Riku, Mickey, and Aqua's stories all at once it just seems messy to get through. If they had to tell the story (and Nomura said there's a story to be told) I'm fine with it being in a set of novels for each character. Or one broken into parts.

It's not that I'm uninterested in the series looking into those stories, I just don't think they could be translated very well in a video game format. Especially if all three stories were to be told in one single video game.

Plus I think the series has kinda reached a point where the next new game should be Kingdom Hearts 3, and I don't know how successful another side-game would be at this point. It takes time and money to make these games, and I don't really see too many people buying BBSv2 at this point. The company would save a lot of money and they would probably be able to deliver these stories in a better manner if they were to release them as a set of novels or a collection of novellas.

Awards
If this game was to be made then the stories I feel that need to be explained would Mickey's story from the start of KH1 to right before he is able to finally physically join Riku in Castle Oblivion during CoM. The final boss for this story would be the Red Eyed Heartless that Aqua fought in BBSFM. After the battle, a bright light would blind Mickey and take him to Castle Oblivion. We all know what happens inside Castle Oblivion so after the battle with Red Eyes; that story should end with Mickey being blinded by the light and then calling out Riku's name to save him from the darkness. It never shows them actually meeting though.

The second story I feel needs to be covered is Riku's story after CoM. Mickey will accompany him for a short time, but like Mickey said in KH2, they got separated. Some of this story will be in unison with Days such as fighting Xion and Roxas and the story may end with Riku defeating Roxas or the story may go on a little longer up until when Riku gives Sora the picture of Roxas and the Twilight Town gang and the sea salt ice cream. That would be the latest that that story needs to go.

The reason Riku's KH1 story and Mickey's KH2 story doesn't need to be told is because they were much more prominent characters and we knew what they were doing for the most part in those games.

Lastly, Aqua. BBSFM pretty much covered what she has been doing. She has been traveling through the Realm of Darkness looking for a way out and fighting Heartless along the way. And according to the meeting she had with Ansem the Wise, it has been 10+ years. Her story would not be exciting at all and would give no new information. If they do make this game and want to add an Aqua scenario, then the player should have to beat Riku and Mickey's stories first which would then unlock the short extra Aqua scenario that was playable in BBSFM so the Americans who more than likely have never played FM could then play it (like me).

Final Bosses would be: Red Eyes (Mickey and Aqua) and Roxas or Red Eyes (Riku).
Worlds: Mickey- Traverse Town, Hollow Bastion, Disney Castle, Realm of Darkness, and Olympus Coliseum (Underworld). Not sure what others.
Riku: Twilight Town, Data Twilight Town, The World That Never Was, Castle Oblivion, Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden, Olympus Coliseum, Land of Dragons, Disney Castle, and the Realm of Darkness. Not sure where else.
Aqua: Realm of Darkness and the Dark Margin. Nowhere else.

Interesting Things- Playing as Mickey Mouse. Playing as Ansem-Riku. Using the Guardian. Corridors of Darkness and the Realm of Darkness. Obtaining the Kingdom Key D and transforming the Soul Eater into the Way to the Dawn. Seeing the characters who played the background of KH1 and KH2.

Sorarocks93

Awards
There is so much potential with Volume 2, it's not even funny. That's why I believe the game should be a part of the next Saga. Aqua has been in the RoD for TEN years. Who's to say that she hasn't met the Villain of the next Saga? Maybe even helped him escape the RoD cause he was trapped in there. BBSV2 could be to the second Saga just as BBS was to the first. A game that shows us the past of the Saga's main Villain and his story.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
The game wouldn't be messy at all, like some people are arguing. Sure the scenarios wouldn't take place all at the same time period like the scenarios in COM or BBS, did, but that isn't a big deal. Most of the same worlds can still be used for all 3 scenarios just with them visiting said worlds at different times in the series. Think of all the worlds we know were trapped in the Realm of Darkness at some point: Land of Dragons, Pride Lands, Castle of Dreams, Pranksters Paradise, 101 Dalmatians, ect. Right there are a bunch of worlds for Mickey and Aqua's scenario since their scenarios would take place mostly in the Realm of Darkness. And then Riku can visit a lot of those same worlds in his scenario, except he'll visit them during the 358/2 Days time period, after they have been restored to the realm of light. And then of course they can have playable bits and snippets of Riku's work for Maleficent in KH1, like Riku kidnapping Belle in Beast's Castle. Or Riku meeting Xemnas during KH2 like he did in the novels. We can also play some of Mickey's travels to Radiant Gardens when he met Ansem the Wise or him meeting Leon and the gang, and also Mickey must have met Merlin somehow cause it was Mickey who asked Merlin to help SDG in KH1. And most of these worlds can work easily in all 3 scenarios.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Red Eyes is just a random heartless, albeit a fairly strong one. Pretty sure they can come up with a better villain for Mickey's story. In fact I have a theory who it could be:

A-I theorized before that the Kingdom Key D was really the keyblade of Vanitas just as the other Kingdom Key Sora wields is Ventus'. It got pulled into RoD due to it's wielder's dark affinity. Mickey's reason for going after KKD was so both halves of what constituted the kinda-maybe X-Blade were in safe hands.

B-Mickey knows where Aqua is & I think Nomura possibly hinted that they met in RoD. Yet Aqua knew nothing of what was happening in RoL until meeting AtW, you would think Mickey would've mentioned some things to her if they met. For that matter you would think he would've taken her with him at the time.

C-& the kicker that ties A & B together, Vanitias considered Aqua a potential replacement body if Ventus wasn't up to the task.

So basically I'm saying Mickey's final boss would be a Vanitas possessed Aqua (Aquaitas? Vaniaqua?). Aqua's mind is essentially asleep during Vanitas' control, thus she's never aware of Mickey's presence. The aftermath of the battle would result in Vanitas' destruction (again) & somehow Aqua & Mickey are separated from each other, perhaps due to KKD causing some sort of warp once Mickey gets a hold of it.

Monkey D. Rocky

What if they made it so that in BBSV2 you could play 3 stories (Like BBS) but the three characters were Mickey, Riku, and Aqua? That would make for an awesome game and I know a lot of fans including myself liked the 3 stories of BBS. Seeing it again would be pretty cool.

Awards
I don't think it needs to be changed. They should just implement some of what BBSv2 was supposed to be about into KH3 tbh.

Theta

Red Eyes is just a random heartless, albeit a fairly strong one. Pretty sure they can come up with a better villain for Mickey's story. In fact I have a theory who it could be:

A-I theorized before that the Kingdom Key D was really the keyblade of Vanitas just as the other Kingdom Key Sora wields is Ventus'. It got pulled into RoD due to it's wielder's dark affinity. Mickey's reason for going after KKD was so both halves of what constituted the kinda-maybe X-Blade were in safe hands.

B-Mickey knows where Aqua is & I think Nomura possibly hinted that they met in RoD. Yet Aqua knew nothing of what was happening in RoL until meeting AtW, you would think Mickey would've mentioned some things to her if they met. For that matter you would think he would've taken her with him at the time.

C-& the kicker that ties A & B together, Vanitias considered Aqua a potential replacement body if Ventus wasn't up to the task.

So basically I'm saying Mickey's final boss would be a Vanitas possessed Aqua (Aquaitas? Vaniaqua?). Aqua's mind is essentially asleep during Vanitas' control, thus she's never aware of Mickey's presence. The aftermath of the battle would result in Vanitas' destruction (again) & somehow Aqua & Mickey are separated from each other, perhaps due to KKD causing some sort of warp once Mickey gets a hold of it.

I think the reason Aqua was considered a potential replacement for Ventus was simply her strong affiliation to the light in the same sense that she will be one of the seven lights in kh3. I would like some explanation for the KKD in some BBSV2, but I'm not too sure about that one.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
They should just implement some of what BBSv2 was supposed to be about into KH3 tbh.

That sounds really sloppy and confusing to be totally honest.
If this is gonna be a game, then it needs to be its own game and it needs to be released before KH3. Because that'd just be weird to get the end of the Xehanort Saga and then suddenly this other game that is supposed to tie most of the loose ends between Aqua, Mickey, and Riku.

And after looking at the BBSFM secret ending... you know what, I want to play that game! I don't care if you guys are "sick of all the side games" (which, to be totally honest, how many are there really? Coded and maybe 358/2 Days? BBS and KH3D are big of titles as KH1 and COM), that secret ending looked awesome! Make it all revolve around the Realm of Darkness. Starting off with Aqua, going on to Mickey, and then going on to Riku. Maybe not as large of a game as BBS, but something along those lines.

And hey, I'm sure Vita owners would love to finally have something to play. And shoot, if they do the cross-play thing, then PS3 players can play it too. Everyone wins!

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think it needs to be changed. They should just implement some of what BBSv2 was supposed to be about into KH3 tbh.

That's what I was thinking, or at least Aqua's story could be there maybe as a prolouge and then the game will start with Sora and co. figuring out how to save her and the others.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
At this point, id be interested in seeing these stories in any way possible, like if they were to be released on youtube ala AC: Lineage.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
But that's what i mean... it doesn't have any significant meaning to us anymore (But they could be doing something that would make it important again) so are they gonna keep it the same or change it? Thats the whole point of this discussion xD
I don't think they'd change it, no. The furthest I see them changing Birth by Sleep​ is dual-analog control and online Mirage Arena.
BBSV2 didn't just disappear when kh3d showed up. Then again it didn't take long after kh3d for BBSV2 to be shelved. I'd also think it if DDD were that, then it would concern itself with what was shown at the end of the secret episoe.
To me, the Blank Points and A fragmentary passage scenes foreshadow the events and themes in 3D. (The hearts Sora is connected to, their "birth by sleep" and the "great power" from unlocking the Sleeping Keyholes, and Xehanort's return.)

I'm not seeing how it doesn't concern itself with the information presented during those scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back