• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kh 1.5 remake

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak-Eu

After all the Info and interviews we've seen with Nomura, none of Them had spoken of A Europe release.. Does anybody know if square plans to release it here in Europe? :)

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
The only region it's been announced for is Japan. It'll most likely localize everywhere though.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Just to clarify, with the exception of the additional 358/2 Days cutscenes which are indeed remade, KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HD ReMIX will be remastered in HD.

That aside, the game was first announced less than 2 months ago. They never release information regarding western releases or localization this early on, but I wouldn't worry too much about the game being exclusive to Japan. Just be patient and wait a little longer, and they'll announce it when they're ready.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
yeah, the amountof people who call it a "remake" is astonishing. That's the Blu-ray restoration for the original King Kong being labelled a "remake" even though two legit remakes were made.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Jumpest whould be when to keep our ears open right.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Jumpest whould be when to keep our ears open right.

It's Jump Festa, but yes, I'd expect more details then! It's Nomura's favorite event in a way. We always get more content and info there. (READ: do not take my blabbering as a confirmation)

Additionally, JF takes place from December 22-23 this year. At this moment, we don't know what Square Enix will showcase there, asides from Gyrozetter on the 3DS.

Last edited:

Freak-Eu

Alright, i'll keep my eyes and ears open when jump festa kicks off, Thanks!

Shanyra

My friend told me he played 1.5 Remix demo here in Finland (in DigiExpo) so umh.. Would that be any kind of sign?

JustSnilloc

yeah, the amountof people who call it a "remake" is astonishing. That's the Blu-ray restoration for the original King Kong being labelled a "remake" even though two legit remakes were made.

It is being remade though, a lot of features are being completely redone. Not to mention Final Mix content being added, etc, etc

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It is being remade though, a lot of features are being completely redone. Not to mention Final Mix content being added, etc, etc

This is not a remake, though. They aren't starting from scratch. They are just tinkering with stuff that is already there. They aren't "adding" FM content, they are using that already-existing version of the first KH game.

They haven't trashed the framework of the original gameplay system. They are just changing how one or two things function.

A remake is when they build everything from the ground up like Re: Chain of Memories or Re:coded.

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I'm very certain that KH1.5 will reach overseas. Mainly because the secret message of KH3D was "The past will be reawakened in never before seen detail" in all versions of the game, whether it be Japan or overseas. It wouldn't make sense for them to leave that tease in there and not give us the game.

Japinha

I was quite surprised to see the secret message was written in English even in the Japanese version of DDD... it'll be really strange if they make the 1.5 Japan-only after that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wonder when we'll hear something about a U.S. release date. Probably as the game nears its completion. They've gotta be close by now.

The game's development is already in the final stages. Nomura wants to release this as close to the 10th anniversary as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back