• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KH χ[chi] Development Team Report #2 - Leading to KINGDOM HEARTS 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomSoD

Re: KH ?[chi] Development Team Report #2 - Leading to KINGDOM HEARTS 3

wow, this browser game is really starting to look interesting. I wonder why they never made it available to the west? Most MMO's support multiple languages, and it doesn't seem like too big a feat for square. Oh well

Gram

Banned
Awards

I'm a bit surprised they haven't at least stated to be working on making it available for the west yet honestly.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

wow, this browser game is really starting to look interesting. I wonder why they never made it available to the west? Most MMO's support multiple languages, and it doesn't seem like too big a feat for square. Oh well

I'm a bit surprised they haven't at least stated to be working on making it available for the west yet honestly.

KINGDOM HEARTS ?[chi] Localization In Progress? - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Steps are being taken. What comes of them remains unknown.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Well thats good to know, I'd at least like to give it a try. Would play it as it is now but I had my fill of translating with kh2fm.

Lenneth

Awards

One of the new features that i just loved is being able to tag along with team members in the worlds...Thats awesome!!! =D

Zeke_Aileron

Frost Vulpeus Keyblade Chevalier
Awards
Dawnbright Town, The empty room of loneliness....
Website
zeke-aileron.tumblr.com

One of the new features that i just loved is being able to tag along with team members in the worlds...Thats awesome!!! =D
Finally someone that wants this also, i can't wait for that update. ._.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I was thinking more along the lines of seeing them in some kind of "flashbacK" as Yen Sid or another tells the story of the Keyblade War and how it relates to stopping Xehanort.

Five secret Foreteller battles would be fantastic, though! I can see some kind of time hijinks or magic allowing us to fight them. Maybe one of Merlin's time doors leads to them in Daybreak Town.

Honestly just getting to see them with 3D models would be enough for me if Yensid had a flashback or something but I'd personally love a battle. Not something like the FF Hades Paradox Cup in KH2 where you fight them at the same time, since then I feel like they'd all be dumbed down to make the battle easier but alone, I think they could easily be some of the hardest bosses in KH, but not the cheap kind like MF in BbS who was only difficult cause he could 1-hit KO you. I'd especially love if they all were focused on a specific stat too, but I don't want to derail this thread on my dreams for a battle with them.

It has to be a fairytale in any case because Heartless (especially the Emblems like Guard Armor) did not really exist in the worlds of the Realm of Light back then, not to mention the many Disney characters who would have to be immortal to not only being present at that time but also in order to somehow survive the total apocalypse the Keyblade War ended with where only a few children where implied to survive.

Not to mention that according to the Legends most of the Keyblade Wielders back then were not having a friendly competition to collect Light particles but egoistical assholes who wanted the light for themselves and crafted Keyblades only to conquer Kingdom Hearts, battlling each other instead of Heartless.[/QUOTE]

Given it's a child's fairytale, I cannot say I'm shocked they changed it from "egoistical assholes who wanted the light for themselves" to "a friendly competition." Have you read some of the original fairytales that the Disney ones are based on? Some things (in some cases, A LOT of things) must be changed to make it more kid-appropriate :p

On the topic of now having something else that people won't get, I still don't think the part in Chi will be a huge storyline, I'm sure whatever is covered will be recapped in KH3 relatively easily probably by Yensid since you're right, it seems pointless to say "I want all the story on one console" and then announce this.

Noka

Information for KH3! I actually have a reason to play that game now!

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com

For a man who says that one of his biggest regrets with the KH series was not releasing the FM versions of KH1, KH2, and KH: BBS overseas, why is there no news or anything about a Westernized KHx anywhere? Especially when it's going to tie into KH3. I'd love to play it, but I can't speak/read Japanese lol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

GiroZX

Awards

Hey wait a minute kupo1121, if what you're saying is correct, and the Keyblade Wars were more of a, well, "war" than a series of friendly competitions, wouldn't that mean that Chi is actually a Disneyfication of the actual Keyblade Wars?!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

No guys. Disney is peachy keen with war and death and violence.

Skyzor

i really hope they translate the game so we be able to play it!!!

kupo1121

Awards

Hey wait a minute kupo1121, if what you're saying is correct, and the Keyblade Wars were more of a, well, "war" than a series of friendly competitions, wouldn't that mean that Chi is actually a Disneyfication of the actual Keyblade Wars?!

Kind of. I don't think by "war" I mean bloody, gruesome violence, but definitely more violent than teams fighting with each other to win a few ethers and such. It's a different spin on what actually happened, kind of how like Disney's Pocahontas is a take on what actually happened (and is quite different with the same outcome).

Gram

Banned
Awards

As Master Spockanort and Kupo pointed out it's more of a light hearted, non-canon, take on what actually happened. As in the real keyblade war we know that the destruction was so great that the Xblade shattered, kingdom hearts itself fell into darkness, the worlds was more or less destroyed and all that was left of anyone was children of unspecified number.

It was said children that reshaped the world and given the current role of the keyblade their also likely the ones to re-purposed it into it's current role since we know the original wielders weren't for protection of light or helping in general.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Good to find a coded friend-in-arms, then xD I love the game to pieces and always get sad when others don't, though I understand why they might be turned off by it.

Yeah, it was...but it at least gave us some kind of story for KH3 to work towards. I think many of us would have preferred KH3 to start up its own saga of sorts, but that's okay. We've gotten some pretty interesting characters along the way...

Personally hoping SE aims for multiplatform for future KH games...It's the only true solution to console spread, outside of going Sony exclusive.

It's still just a fairytale. Nobody is REALLY missing out on anything by not playing chi, just this little story they can rehash in a cutscene and some secret reports in KH3 if it is THAT necessary. It's just a ploy to get people to play chi in all honesty, and one that will probably work.

Yeah, it's always been obvious none of these decisions are Nomura's...but since he's the director and the only person people are familiar with, he's the perfect scapegoat to blame as sad as it is to say.

That will always be the million dollar question.

Going by this I wonder if Coded would have got the same amount of flak/negligence if it was released on a home console. Just like BBS and Days as well, many of those who refuse to acknowledge the three handheld titles (I'm not speaking of those who cannot afford the whole shtick financically) do so just because they do not have a roman numeral and are not on a home console, which is why I am partially glad that Nomura apparently wants to abolish the whole "numbered titles"-mess altogether after KH III.

On that I would dare to assume that many more people would probably be more willing and accepting towards the story established to work towards KH III if it had been easier accessible, which leads again to the huge spread out. The HD Remasters are an awesome step towards rectifying this issue, although it's a tad unfortunate that it comes right at the crossroads between two console generations with no true compatibility involved. Many possible buyers of the Remasters may simply not get to play it because they don't see a reason to buy a PS3 this late in the generation when the PS4 is already there.
That said, I have not yet seen how well HD 1.5 ReMix did worldwide in sales numbers, although I did see advertisement for it even here in Germany in a popular Disney Comic Magazine.

Multiplatform would certainly the way to go, but seeing the developers (and Nomura's) strive to get the best possible fancy technology this would prove to be a hindrance as they then have to make the KH title in question for the lowest common denominator, as in optimized for the console with the weakest specs in the bunch.

Ah, I see, well that does make more sense. Considering that in the last big Famitsu survey, fans voted "the story" to be the most intriguing part of the series, it is not too surprising that they would jump on that to gather more interest for Chi from a marketing perspective.
On the other hand though it's a bit pitiable that apparently there cannot be a true KH spin-off title detached completely from the plot where people can really have just fun without having to worry about any story-threads.
If they would make something like Kingdom Karts, I bet they would throw some story-connection in even there. :rolleyes:

True, true, makes me want to facepalm more than once when I read such stuff and is also why I normally avoid "normal" western gaming sites or Youtube comment sections.

That's a million no one will ever win I'm afraid. <__<
Nonetheless I do hope that Nomura and SE learned from the first time they made these mistakes and even if the story is not planned out from begin to finish, they do plan the organisation and distribution of the second saga better than the first.

Honestly just getting to see them with 3D models would be enough for me if Yensid had a flashback or something but I'd personally love a battle. Not something like the FF Hades Paradox Cup in KH2 where you fight them at the same time, since then I feel like they'd all be dumbed down to make the battle easier but alone, I think they could easily be some of the hardest bosses in KH, but not the cheap kind like MF in BbS who was only difficult cause he could 1-hit KO you. I'd especially love if they all were focused on a specific stat too, but I don't want to derail this thread on my dreams for a battle with them.

Given it's a child's fairytale, I cannot say I'm shocked they changed it from "egoistical assholes who wanted the light for themselves" to "a friendly competition." Have you read some of the original fairytales that the Disney ones are based on? Some things (in some cases, A LOT of things) must be changed to make it more kid-appropriate :p

On the topic of now having something else that people won't get, I still don't think the part in Chi will be a huge storyline, I'm sure whatever is covered will be recapped in KH3 relatively easily probably by Yensid since you're right, it seems pointless to say "I want all the story on one console" and then announce this.

Yen Sid having a flashback? Lol, not even Yen Sid is that old. Even he only knows the time of the Keyblade War only as a legend, so if anything, after re-reading that part of Nomura's message. It seems that indeed only the "message" left by the Foretellers may play an important role and not the characters themselves (who should also be dead for thousands of years, mind you).

I believe that's what's commonly called "whitewashing", lol. Although I do agree that's most likely the central reason, other than that, much of the lore of the true events may also have got simply lost over all those centuries, even Master Xehanort only knows bits and pieces which he collected together during years of travel through countless worlds in his younger years after he left Land of Departure.

On that I'll say one should wait and see, although you really cannot blame people for getting concerned (even if it's overreacting a bit) considering their track record so far. Then again, the importance of the storyrelevant stuff in Chi might be even less crucial than Coded all in all, and all of the concern would have been misplaced anyways. :D

For a man who says that one of his biggest regrets with the KH series was not releasing the FM versions of KH1, KH2, and KH: BBS overseas, why is there no news or anything about a Westernized KHx anywhere? Especially when it's going to tie into KH3. I'd love to play it, but I can't speak/read Japanese lol.

Err, maybe because Nomura is not the one who makes the call on what gets localized and what not?
He may express wishes to have something brought over to the west, but in the end it is the higher-ups at Square who decide that.
Considering what a hit Final Fantasy Type-0 was in Japan and the great demand voiced in the west it is a shame that there is still no western release for it.

As Master Spockanort and Kupo pointed out it's more of a light hearted, non-canon, take on what actually happened. As in the real keyblade war we know that the destruction was so great that the Xblade shattered, kingdom hearts itself fell into darkness, the worlds was more or less destroyed and all that was left of anyone was children of unspecified number.

It was said children that reshaped the world and given the current role of the keyblade their also likely the ones to re-purposed it into it's current role since we know the original wielders weren't for protection of light or helping in general.

Yep, correct. That is also something that has to be taken note of, as it was said that the current main "purpose" for protecting the light and the worlds for the Keyblade was only coined and established after the Keyblade War, which indicates that the purpose for the Keyblades before was just to conquer the light and for selfish reasons.
It's funny that even the designs of at least the Keyblades of the Foretellers reflect that as I notice, they all have the "evil eye" somewhere incorporated in their Keyblade designs, maybe that's a subtle warning on where their real allegiance and ambitions lie?
That they all hide their faces behind masks also rises suspicions.

kupo1121

Awards

Yen Sid having a flashback? Lol, not even Yen Sid is that old. Even he only knows the time of the Keyblade War only as a legend, so if anything, after re-reading that part of Nomura's message. It seems that indeed only the "message" left by the Foretellers may play an important role and not the characters themselves (who should also be dead for thousands of years, mind you).

Sorry lol I didn't mean Yensid having a flashback to when he was in the keyblade war (since he most likely was not unless he's some immortal being), I meant more like he speaks about it (what he knows) and the on-screen cutscene flashes back to show the war.

And the Foretellers should be dead so I agree that, story-wise, the message will most likely be the important part (a message that hopefully can be explained in KH3 for those missing out on Chi) but for boss fights, I'm all for lingering sentiments. Completely ignoring the whole "death in KH is different concept" I'm totally down for fighting the union leader's sentiments.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Sephiroth0812 said:
Yep, correct. That is also something that has to be taken note of, as it was said that the current main "purpose" for protecting the light and the worlds for the Keyblade was only coined and established after the Keyblade War, which indicates that the purpose for the Keyblades before was just to conquer the light and for selfish reasons.
It's funny that even the designs of at least the Keyblades of the Foretellers reflect that as I notice, they all have the "evil eye" somewhere incorporated in their Keyblade designs, maybe that's a subtle warning on where their real allegiance and ambitions lie?
That they all hide their faces behind masks also rises suspicions.

Exactly even Yen Sid points out that "heroes" of the keyblade didn't appear till the war was over and given how the current world structure is set up (i.e. keyholes, lanes, etc) are all build around the keyblade and it's abilities.
A likely assumption I'd say since the eye is present on the keyblades of people such as Xehanort's and Vanitas' keyblades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back