• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

keyholes (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
what happened to the keyholes for the worlds, and no kh2 does not count those weren't keyholes (i mean yeah, they were keyhole shaped but they didn't lead to the heart of the world) they were gates that unlocked the paths between worlds, so why don't we lock them now, I mean yeah, they were cutscenes, but I liked them, they made me feel like Sora was actually protecting the worlds instead of leaving them vulnerable, and Maleficent said that it would take ages to find the rest, so why isn't Sora or any of the current keyblade wielders trying to find them, it's like leaving your door open so just anyone could barge in and Ethier attack you or rob you, the anyone in this scenario is the heartless, why are they leaving the worlds vulnerable? what are your thoughts?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I agree, I feel like it's a wasted opportunity. I think they abandoned them because we returned to a lot of worlds in KH2 that already had their Keyholes locked, but I don't think it would've been weird to only have Keyholes getting locked in new worlds. Maybe they thought new players would be confused if it didn't happen at the end of every world they visited.

Still, it would be continuing fodder for new worlds and I always liked thinking about where the Keyholes would be for new movies.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
what happened to the keyholes for the worlds, and no kh2 does not count those weren't keyholes (i mean yeah, they were keyhole shaped but they didn't lead to the heart of the world) they were gates that unlocked the paths between worlds, so why don't we lock them now, I mean yeah, they were cutscenes, but I liked them, they made me feel like Sora was actually protecting the worlds instead of leaving them vulnerable, and Maleficent said that it would take ages to find the rest, so why isn't Sora or any of the current keyblade wielders trying to find them, it's like leaving your door open so just anyone could barge in and Ethier attack you or rob you, the anyone in this scenario is the heartless, why are they leaving the worlds vulnerable? what are your thoughts?
I'm assuming that all worlds that were restored had their keyholes automatically relocked (like The Pride Lands or Castle of Dreams). I think it's safe to assume that, as worlds with confirmed locked keyholes like Olympus still have heartless running wild even without outside influence (Maleficent, Ansem or Hades).

I think the reason Sora was locking keyholes in KH1 was to SAVE those worlds from being destroyed since they were exposed, but after locking the Door To Darkness in KH1 and restoring the worlds - I just assumed all keyholes were locked.

It would have been cool if one of the Organization members' tasks in a DISNEY world was to find the keyhole for another reason besides "darkness". I hope they do that in a future game. Now that I'm typing this, it would be cool if King Candy finding the "code" of Game Central Station is a character from a DISNEY world naturally finding the keyhole/heart of a world. When Sora finds out, he could whisper to Donald and Goofy "wait, did he open the keyhole on his own?" and then Sora actually has to lock it.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I'm assuming that all worlds that were restored had their keyholes automatically relocked (like The Pride Lands or Castle of Dreams)
Yeah, I wouldn't really count castle of dreams, because its only in a prequel, and that raises another question, everyone else knew about the keyholes, so why didn't Terra, Aqua or Ven try to find and lock them during bbs? I mean it seems like keyblade wielders should be the ones with this knowledge considering there the ones who are supposed to be protecting the worlds in the first place, so how did such knowledge end up in the hands of, for the lack of a better word, civilians and bad guys who aren't keyblade wielders, in the first place? unless Xehanort told that to Maleficent too, which he probably did, because Maleficent described it to Terra as "A key that opens the hearts of men, of entire worlds, such a power I find most fascinating" and she probably told her Disney villain council too, because Jafar said "but the boy is a problem, he found one of the keyholes" and then Maleficent said "fear not it will take him ages too find the rest", but that still begs the question, how did Ansem the wise know about the keyholes I mean it was in his repor- oh never mind once again Xehanort did it, I forgot that he wrote the KH1 reports, still doesn't explain why other keyblade wielders were not trying to find and lock them, and come to think of it, why was Maleficent letting world's get destroyed? she wanted to rule them right? what was the point? she can't rule world's if they're destroyed, even Loki isn't that dumb, not that she could have stopped it to begin with, because you know, no keyblade.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Yeah, I wouldn't really count castle of dreams, because its only in a prequel, and that raises another question, everyone else knew about the keyholes, so why didn't Terra, Aqua or Ven try to find and lock them during bbs? I mean it seems like keyblade wielders should be the ones with this knowledge considering there the ones who are supposed to be protecting the worlds in the first place, so how did such knowledge end up in the hands of, for the lack of a better word, civilians and bad guys who aren't keyblade wielders, in the first place? unless Xehanort told that to Maleficent too, which he probably did, because Maleficent described it to Terra as "A key that opens the hearts of men, of entire worlds, such a power I find most fascinating" and she probably told her Disney villain council too, because Jafar said "but the boy is a problem, he found one of the keyholes" and then Maleficent said "fear not it will take him ages too find the rest", but that still begs the question, how did Ansem the wise know about the keyholes I mean it was in his repor- oh never mind once again Xehanort did it, I forgot that he wrote the KH1 reports, still doesn't explain why other keyblade wielders were not trying to find and lock them, and come to think of it, why was Maleficent letting world's get destroyed? she wanted to rule them right? what was the point? she can't rule world's if they're destroyed, even Loki isn't that dumb, not that she could have stopped it to begin with, because you know, no keyblade.
Maleficent wanted to summon Kingdom Hearts, believing that all you needed were the 7 hearts and a keyblade. She didn't want to rule all the worlds by some hostile takeover of each world, she was looking to use Kingdom Hearts to rule them all.

I believe in Birth By Sleep, there was no concern to lock keyholes because the heartless were not prevalent. The emblem heartless did not exist and the real heartless were not in any of the worlds - presumably because the keyholes were locked. I think the world's keyhole is locked until something (darkness) unlocks it, which then attracts the heartless to the world to find the keyhole.

I think Castle of Dreams does count because we see that it was a world consumed by darkness - which means that the heartless got to its keyhole. When it's restored, presumably it's not in trouble since Sora doesn't visit it. Also, the most that it has are emblem heartless.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I believe in Birth By Sleep, there was no concern to lock keyholes because the heartless were not prevalent. The emblem heartless did not exist and the real heartless were not in any of the worlds - presumably because the keyholes were locked. I think the world's keyhole is locked until something (darkness) unlocks it, which then attracts the heartless to the world to find the keyhole.
There is always a chance something could go wrong, and it's kind of foolish to think otherwise, which is why I think it's best to lock them before something bad happens, also if the keyholes were locked before the heartless showed up and darkness unlocked them, then locking them is pointless, because if they become unlocked by darkness, anything anyone does to try and protect the worlds will just get undone a few minutes or a few hours later, so it doesn't make sense for them to be locked to begin with, and if I was a keyblade wielder and knew about the keyholes, I would lock every single one I come across, but I wouldn't actively search the universe for every single one in existence, that's not possible 1. I would not live long enough, no one would live long enough to lock every single one in existence, 2. while I couldn't do that incredibly difficult feet, I would do it just because I'm there and and save what I can, also locking the keyholes don't keep the heartless out of the worlds, it just keeps the worlds from being destroyed, otherwise Agrabah wouldn't have returned in KH2 nor would hollow bastion/radiant garden and Halloween town, not even Olympus coliseum in any of the games bar recoded, unless they put Nobodies, instead of heartless in those worlds, and atlantica doesn't count.

Last edited:

vaderskywalker

Awards
Maleficent wanted to summon Kingdom Hearts, believing that all you needed were the 7 hearts and a keyblade. She didn't want to rule all the worlds by some hostile takeover of each world, she was looking to use Kingdom Hearts to rule them all.
How would that have worked? The worlds would still be gone, and even if they could be brought back, the darkness would consume maleficent too, and yes, I know she's kind of arrogant, but she's also kind of crazy and stupid, because what if Sora didn't start locking the keyholes, or was never chosen by the keyblade, or destiny islands was one of the first worlds to fall when Sora, Riku, and Kairi were kids, before any of them could get keyblades, the only option would have been Either Mickey or Aqua, who are at this point is in the realm of darkness, there would have been nowhere for her to escape to, and safely summon kingdom hearts.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
How would that have worked? The worlds would still be gone, and even if they could be brought back, the darkness would consume maleficent too, and yes, I know she's kind of arrogant, but she's also kind of crazy and stupid, because what if Sora didn't start locking the keyholes, or was never chosen by the keyblade, or destiny islands was one of the first worlds to fall when Sora, Riku, and Kairi were kids, before any of them could get keyblades, the only option would have been Either Mickey or Aqua, who are at this point is in the realm of darkness, there would have been nowhere for her to escape to, and safely summon kingdom hearts.
In her mind, the Door to Darkness WAS Kingdom Hearts (and it was Kingdom Hearts until 3D confirmed it wasn't lol). She didn't really know much else, she was going off of tidbits of information that she gained travelling worlds and probably even after encountering Xehanort/Ansem (that's what I theorize and/or may have been shown in KHUX or some prequel game).

I also doubt that Luxu/Xigbar would have allowed Maleficent to succeed. He wanted the events of KH3 to happen.

vaderskywalker

Awards
In her mind, the Door to Darkness WAS Kingdom Hearts (and it was Kingdom Hearts until 3D confirmed it wasn't lol). She didn't really know much else, she was going off of tidbits of information that she gained travelling worlds and probably even after encountering Xehanort/Ansem (that's what I theorize and/or may have been shown in KHUX or some prequel game).
I thought it was kingdom hearts, just not complete like Mickey said, and I've played all the game, so unless there's a report or an interview from Nomura I'm missing somewhere, I shouldn't be missing anything.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I thought it was kingdom hearts, just not complete like Mickey said, and I've played all the game, so unless there's a report or an interview from Nomura I'm missing somewhere, I shouldn't be missing anything.
The Kingdom Hearts in KH1 is NOT Kingdom Hearts. KH3D explains it.

The only real Kingdom Hearts was in BbS (although summoned incorrectly, so it ended up closing) and in KH3.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I'm in the middle of playing BBS again, and I just got to Olympus Coliseum in Ven's story and I started looking around the vestibule (I probably spelled that wrong.), and randomly started thinking about the keyhole that was there KH1, and I think the developers forgot to program the keyhole, or something to hide the keyhole, cause except for the chest that I think is in the wrong spot, there is nothing there, and that is hilarious. 🤣

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I'm in the middle of playing BBS again, and I just got to Olympus Coliseum in Ven's story and I started looking around the vestibule (I probably spelled that wrong.), and randomly started thinking about the keyhole that was there KH1, and I think the developers forgot to program the keyhole, or something to hide the keyhole, cause except for the chest that I think is in the wrong spot, there is nothing there, and that is hilarious. 🤣
The Keyhole likely wouldn't present itself with the impassable walls still up. They need to be summoned, they don't just hang out for all to see.

Back