• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keychains signify

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FallenVirgo

When a Keyblade chooses its wielder, it is in the hands of an unexperienced user. The Keyblade begins with no Keychain. When the user does something significant, or overcomes an inner conflict, or outer triumph, they are granted a Keychain, as a symbol for their hardships. Now, since more than one conflict or significant thing can be done, this explains why there are various Keychains, which inturn affect the Keyblade as a whole. This theory can be proved with each given scenario.

Let's start with Birth By Sleep, the known users of the Keyblade are DS(Dark Soldier), Mickey(Royal status currently unconfirmed), Ven, Aqua, and Terra. Characters that use a Keyblade at somepoint in Kingdom Hearts I are Sora, Riku, Ansem, and King Mickey. Kingdom Hearts II's are Sora, Roxas, King Mickey, Riku, and Kairi.

Dark Soldier is shown to have one, and this is most likely because DS is one who is dealing with the Darkness, so something is being overcome, or dealt with. Mickey is shown to have one both at his time of training shown with Yen Sid, and when he saves Ven later on. The training seen could have been Mickey's final training session after he had earned his Keychain. Finishing with Terra, Ven, and Aqua, this is a trio of apprentices that were told to search for Xehanort's Heartless; they may have just been given Keyblades, or the Keyblade might have chosen each of them, so their assignment is what determines whether or not they get a Keychain.

Ven has been confirmed to relate with Sora. Using this knowledge, that may explain why a Keychain was already present when Sora first received his Keyblade, the Kingdom Key; because Ven earned the Keyhcain for him. As for all of the worlds Sora visits, once he has finished his time in a world, he had done something significant: He saved each world from certain destruction. Riku from Kingdom Hearts I wields Sora's Keyblade for himself briefly, the keychain most likely remained because that was actually Sora's Keyblade, and Riku's heart was finally strong enough for 'a' Keyblade, not necessarily his own. Ansem's Keyblade had no keychain because it was created from the Princesses' hearts, nothing was overcome, he just made it. Then King Mickey already earned his in Birth By Sleep.

In Kingdom Hearts II, Roxas has it because he is Sora's nobody, and as such, they have the power to wield the same Keyblade. Sora has already been discussed, as has King Mickey. Riku, however, now has his own Keyblade: The Way to Dawn. Receiving his own Keyblade, and his Keychain is due to the fact that Riku had been dealing with the overwhelming Darkness and Ansem's control the entire time, making this an obvious reason as to why he received a Keychain. Riku simply gives Kairi a Keyblade, complete with Keychain. This could be that although her Keyblade wasn't in her posession until the end, it still received a Keychain due to her saving of Sora in Kingdom Hearts I, or her wait for Sora and Riku, then taking charge by going to find them.

This is my theory, and I find that every scenario supports it.

Last edited:

FallenVirgo

So do I, I just thought of it today too. I'm curious as to what others think of this theory.

C

Crossroads

It's actually a good theory. It's simple enough to make sense.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i didnt know Ds had a keychain....i see something that allows him to connect a keychain to the keyblade, but other than that i dont see no chain or charm

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Its alright. I havnt noticed any major failings so good job of it. I just dont see it happening. Other than that its great.

C

Crossroads

Its alright. I havnt noticed any major failings so good job of it. I just dont see it happening. Other than that its great.

I see it having more of chance than being complex like them being involved with memories or something.

peachie

Yup, makes sense. I'd rather say it's memory related, but there's no problems here. But just to be clear Roxas equips gears to his keyblade in Days, and for some reason does not use keychains.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
I see it having more of chance than being complex like them being involved with memories or something.

Yeah I agree but there are other possibilities and plenty of time to discuss them so I just doubt this is the right one. We only just found out that Key chains have meaning to TAV. I think any conclusion we draw now is pretty likely to be wrong. Till we get more info that is.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Whoa I didn't hear about that one...
Are there any more details than that? I mean what kind of meaning?

We just got scans like this. I have no clue why its just shown up without warning.

picture.php

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Let's start with Birth By Sleep, the known users of the Keyblade are DS(Dark Soldier), Mickey(Royal status currently unconfirmed), Ven, Aqua, and Terra. Characters that use a Keyblade at somepoint in Kingdom Hearts I are Sora, Riku, Ansem, and King Mickey. Kingdom Hearts II's are Sora, Roxas, King Mickey, Riku, and Kairi.

You forgot MX.

Finishing with Terra, Ven, and Aqua, this is a trio of apprentices that were told to search for Xehanort's Heartless;

...what?
You need to read over your info again.
VAT were sent out after Master Xehanort, who predates both the current Xehanort (and thus his Heartless) and Heartless altogether.

Ven has been confirmed to relate with Sora. Using this knowledge, that may explain why a Keychain was already present when Sora first received his Keyblade, the Kingdom Key;

During the beginning of KH1, the Kingdom Key was not Sora's keyblade. It was Riku's.
Basically, Sora, more or less, accidentally stole the Kingdom Key from Riku. It was not until later on at Hollow Bastion that the Kingdom Key chose Sora as its rightful master.

As for all of the worlds Sora visits, once he has finished his time in a world, he had done something significant: He saved each world from certain destruction.

The keychains Sora recieve at the end of the worlds are memories of the world, just as the Oathkeeper keychain is memories of Kairi, the Oblivion is memories of Riku, and Riku's gayblade (that he handed to Kairi) is his memories of Destiny Island.

Riku from Kingdom Hearts I wields Sora's Keyblade for himself briefly, the keychain most likely remained because that was actually Sora's Keyblade, and Riku's heart was finally strong enough for 'a' Keyblade, not necessarily his own.

Again, the Kingdom Key was rightfully Riku's keyblade.
This was strongly hinted at in KH1 and the fight with the LS and it was outright confirmed by Nomura.

Then King Mickey already earned his in Birth By Sleep.

Mickey found the IKK in the Realm of Darkness.

This could be that although her Keyblade wasn't in her posession until the end, it still received a Keychain due to her saving of Sora in Kingdom Hearts I, or her wait for Sora and Riku, then taking charge by going to find them.

It wasn't hers. It was Riku's keyblade, meaning that he was, at least for that point, dual wielding. The keychain is his memories of DI.

C

Crossroads

You forgot MX.

...what?
You need to read over your info again.
VAT were sent out after Master Xehanort, who predates both the current Xehanort (and thus his Heartless) and Heartless altogether.

During the beginning of KH1, the Kingdom Key was not Sora's keyblade. It was Riku's.
Basically, Sora, more or less, accidentally stole the Kingdom Key from Riku. It was not until later on at Hollow Bastion that the Kingdom Key chose Sora as its rightful master.

The keychains Sora recieve at the end of the worlds are memories of the world, just as the Oathkeeper keychain is memories of Kairi, the Oblivion is memories of Riku, and Riku's gayblade (that he handed to Kairi) is his memories of Destiny Island.

This was strongly hinted at in KH1 and the fight with the LS and it was outright confirmed by Nomura.

It wasn't hers. It was Riku's keyblade, meaning that he was, at least for that point, dual wielding. The keychain is his memories of DI.

I can't recall who, but you remind me of someone who used to come in and just trash peoples theories...all the time. lol

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
Riku from Kingdom Hearts I wields Sora's Keyblade for himself briefly, the keychain most likely remained because that was actually Sora's Keyblade, and Riku's heart was finally strong enough for 'a' Keyblade, not necessarily his own.

the keyblade was actually for riku not sora but because he chose darkness the keyblade went to sora

I can't recall who, but you remind me of someone who used to come in and just trash peoples theories...all the time. lol
well he is right

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Smile, Chevalier Sombre, Genocide, Byronic Hero and Iridium fit those roles nicely, from their pasts.

FallenVirgo

Thank you everybody for compliments on my theory, I'm glad a lot of you like it.

And for the few of you who posted you feel it has something to do with memories, that is also plausible. I'm not saying this is the only theory out there, but I think it's a good one.

I know this is all mere speculation, but I want to try and get as close to their true meaning as possible.

As for you, OmniChaos, I appreciate your "constructive criticism", and here are my replies:

You forgot MX.

I'm not saying he doesn't, but I don't remember seeing anything with MX wielding a Keyblade.

...what? You need to read over your info again.

When I said Xehanort's Heartless, I meant Master Xehanort. My mistake.

I'm aware of the fact that the Keyblade was meant for Riku, and not Sora. But Sora wasn't using Riku's Keyblade, he was using the Keyblade that was intended for Riku, but went to him because Riku's heart was weakened when he gave into the darkness.

The Oathkeeper as a whole represents Sora's memories of Kairi, and Oblivion as a whole represents his memories of Riku. Kairi's Keyblade is explained in 358/2 Days, I don't know how exactly, and I'd appreciate no spoilers mentioned, but Nomura has said that it is hers.

Again, I know it was intended for Riku. But it became Sora's.

Yes he did. Mickey's former Keyblade was the Starseeker, who's Keychain I was referring to. Kingdom Key D had nothing to do with my explanation for Mickey.

Riku may have given it to Kairi, but it was her Keyblade. It isn't confirmed that Kairi's Keyblade represents Riku's memories of Destiny Island. If it is explained anywhere in 358/2 Days, again, no spoilers please.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Riku may have given it to Kairi, but it was her Keyblade.

No it wasn't
VI - Could you please give an explanation for the new Keyblade "Way to the Dawn" that Riku obtained and the Keyblade Kairi has as well as what the conditions for using a Keyblade are?
There isn't necessarily one Keyblade for the dark side and one for the light side, just as many as there exist people with qualified hearts. Concerning the conditions to wield one, at this stage, "Those with strong hearts" is the only obvious one. However, less obvious conditions still exist and there are still plans for an opportunity to reveal those. Riku's "Way to the Dawn" and Kairi's Keyblade are naturally the same type of Keyblade as Sora's. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater's transfer and occurrence, as well as Riku's handing it to Kairi. When there isn't a normal process of acquisition, I think its OK to think there is some deeper meaning there.
If the keyblade is the transformed Soul Eater then it's still technically Riku's keyblade he's just letting her hold it. And yes that is possible. Riku held Roxas's keyblade in deep dive and Sora had Riku's keyblade againist Xemnas.
It isn't confirmed that Kairi's Keyblade represents Riku's memories of Destiny Island. If it is explained anywhere in 358/2 Days, again, no spoilers please.
Well it hasn't been confirmed but it's a pretty good guess right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back