• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Keyblade Welders and Their Heartless

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Guiding_Light

So I've noticed something and I'd like to see if there is more evidence out there to support my theory. Ansem SOD's Guardian and Dark Inferno, are both the heartless of former Keyblade wielders, and have very striking similarities. They have the same build, and the same heart shaped hole in their chest. The other heartless that I can think of that matches this description is Darkside, and there are tons of Darksides on the dark realm. I think that the Darksides we see there and throughout the series are the heartless of the keyblade wielders from the time of fairy tales.

The only exception to this trend I can find is Sora's heartless which was a shadow heartless. There are a couple of things I can think of that explain this difference. Maybe they all start out as shadows and become something different as they gain power as a heartless, or it's possible that Sora became that type of heartless because at the time he was not a true keyblade wielder, having only received it because Riku had fallen to the darkness.

Are there other examples of Keyblade wielders becoming heartless in the series that I have missed? What do you all think of this theory?

D

Deleted member 246005

I guess if Sora spent more time as a heartless he could have evolved into a NeoShadow or a form closer to Anti-Sora drive form.

Sora's heartless being a regular shadow could be more because he didn't have much affinity for darkness in KH1 rather than him being a proper keyblade wielder.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it just has to do with the amount of Darkness you have.
Sora doesn't have that much Darkness in him, so only a Shadow was made. Meanwhile, Xehanort is a motherload of Darkness so he spawned Ansem, a perfectly human-looking Heartless (also yeah, there's the Heartless from a Keyblade Wielder you forgot).

And I still don't know if Guardian is indeed a Heartless or another unspecified product of Darkness. Then there's the Darklings and wherever they fall on this spectrum.
Also, was it confirmed Dark Inferno is the Heartless of a Wielder?

D

Deleted member 246005

I think that's just a fan theory than a confirmed fact.

Guiding_Light

I think it just has to do with the amount of Darkness you have.
Sora doesn't have that much Darkness in him, so only a Shadow was made. Meanwhile, Xehanort is a motherload of Darkness so he spawned Ansem, a perfectly human-looking Heartless (also yeah, there's the Heartless from a Keyblade Wielder you forgot).

And I still don't know if Guardian is indeed a Heartless or another unspecified product of Darkness. Then there's the Darklings and wherever they fall on this spectrum.
Also, was it confirmed Dark Inferno is the Heartless of a Wielder?

Your'e absolutely right that I forgot him, but I think his human like appearance can more easily be attributed to him willingly separating his heart from his body, and having such a strong heart. Terra's heart was also separated from that body when Terra-nort was split into Ansem and Xemnas, but he was not separated from his physical form willingly, so he became a heartless.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, Sora willingly separated his heart too (also the rason why Roxas and Xemnas aren't just Sora and Xehanort again but formed their own selves) and had a pretty strong heart at that, but became a Shadow nonetheless.

Guiding_Light

Well, Sora willingly separated his heart too (also the rason why Roxas and Xemnas aren't just Sora and Xehanort again but formed their own selves) and had a pretty strong heart at that, but became a Shadow nonetheless.

So then the assumption we can make is that Guardian/Dark Inferno/Darkside(maybe?) is the result of a Keyblade wielder being unwillingly separated from their heart. Unless we see another example of that happening and the resulting being of darkness not fitting that mold, I see no reason to doubt it.

Granted it might be a stretch, as we don't know how
Spoiler Spoiler Show
was separated from his heart, but I would wager that it was not separated from him by his own accord.

Back