• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade War to the Future: Just some thoughts and guesses

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waves_Blade

From past-to-future

The Keyblade War:

So, we know very little of what happened in the Keyblade War as a fact except a few important facts:

1. It's the cause of why all the worlds are disconnected/shattered from one another.

2. The "Goal" apparently was to create the Ki-Blade (X) and control Kingdom Hearts. In such, there were a lot of combatants, most likely FAR more keyblade wielders than just those of the keyblades left at the Keyblade Graveyard, since ya know, it was a massive war that stretched across tons of worlds.

3. It happened a LONG fricken time ago (alluded to by MX in the ME flashback scene).

Theory:

Someone succeeded in actually creating the Ki-Blade near or at the end of the war. Now the question is, what did that person actually DO with the Ki-blade, and more importantly, what was their primary affinity? (Light, Darkness, Neutral?)

Consider this:

It's stated I believe that the Ki-Blade and Kingdom Hearts exist alongside one another, implying that they are equals or something to that affect. Now also consider, while Keyblade wielders fighting a war could indeed cause mass destruction, how could they possibly shatter ALL of the worlds from one another?

Theoretical Answer:

Whoever created the Ki-Blade STRUCK Kingdom Hearts with it (Or something to that affect). Wanting to bring an end to the awful and horrendous war, this person attempted to destroy what he/she saw as the cause of all this madness and power-lust. And thus, when "The Heart of all Worlds" was maimed, the Kingdom Hearts separated worlds universe was the result.

Final Question
:

If this were true, what ended up happening to that Ki-Blade wielder?

I'm going to assume everyone else at the Keyblade Graveyard died at that point after KH was struck. I'm also going to envision an incredibly sad scene of this person placing each keyblade, one by one, in their places as we, the players, see them in BBS (I mean come on, I don't think they would just naturally be like that)).

Now Consider this
:

We know that as of the current KH Era, there aren't that many keyblade wielders. Xehanort states that he knows of only a few outside his own circle in his reports. Now I wonder, who started the whole Master to Apprentice cycle that leads up to Eraquas/MX's Master, and then them and their apprentices?

If such a character as the original Ki-Blade wielder does exist, I'd point at him/her, passing on knowledge and teachings as to not lead to another Keyblade War. If not him/her, then a Keyblade Wielder of Light who survived (since I'd assume anyone not directly on that world had as much chance of survival as anyone else when the worlds fell during this period)

Xehanort's Pre-BBS Era:

Alright, so, Xehanort's obsession with the Ki-blade and Kingdom Hearts. Where did it start? How did he learn of it? Or possibly, who taught/told him of it? Since Eraqus says such knowledge is forbidden, and the Xehanort Reports seem to imply that their Master was a follower of rules, he would not have taught them anything other than such subjects were to not be discussed.

I mean come on:

Master: Alright, today students we learn that if you force two hearts, one of pure light, and one of pure darkness, to fight and fuse, you can form the Ki-Blade, and with it summon Kingdom Hearts, a source of unimaginable power that can be used to create worlds! But if you do that we start another Keyblade War and we don't want that now do we?

Eraqus: No Master!

Xehanort: Hmm...

Anyway:

The Xehanort Reports simply tell that Xehanort had learned of various things, not how he learned them.

Logically, at least from my POV, I'd say another Keyblade Wielder did (who in turn learned what he/she knew from their Master and on and on all the way back to the survivors of the Keyblade War). Or perhaps, Xehanort stumbled upon writings from survivors of the Keyblade War themselves (or other researchers notes).

If we wana get really silly or out there, maybe the original Ki-Blade wielder somehow obtained immortality and, in a chance meeting, seeing Xehanort's growing obsession with such topics, told him a little as to disuade him from the horrors of the Keyblade War (which in turn only increased his hunger).

If all else fails, then perhaps Xehanort just somehow learned of it, and that somehow will continue to remain unknown.

Irregardless, the long period of time between after Xehanort's apprenticeship (Young Man?), and his apprenticeship of Ventus (Old Man) is an interesting time-period that I believe ultimately shaped him into the Xehanort we all know (And Love or Hate) today.

It would be interesting, to say the least, to have a game that detailed such a journey, and such a fall, for Master Xehanort.

Dream Drop Distance and Beyond time period: (It's all down hill from here)

Kairi's Role
:

Alright so I, as many of you have done, have wondered what KH 3 will hold. There have been many theories and such (I've read one or two here, i'm kinda new to being active on this forum). Kairi's role, is something that I've been thinking about.

Xehanort's Plans
:

So, I'd imagine, if Ven/Vanitas is a re-occurring plan for Xehanort to forge the Ki-Blade, if that fails, Kairi might serve as a back-up plan for Xehanort to forge the Ki-blade.

Simply stated (I'm sure someone somewhere MUST have pointed this out already), Kairi's heart is of pure light, correct? AND she can use a Keyblade. All Xehanort would need to do is find someone of pure darkness to clash with her (assuming Vantias is indisposed)

First however, like Ven, Kairi would have to be strengthened, and like Ven, on her own. I could easily see Xehanort Kidnapping Kairi (I can just imagine Kairi trying to use her keyblade with her current meager skills against him, and having Xehanort just knock it from her hands with a simple strike) and dropping her off on some far off world on her own (Or sending her on her own into the RoD, forcing her to start her own journey back in which, she could progressively grow in strength.

What would happen in such a journey could be anyone's guess. (I could easily imagine a chapter'ed Kingdom Hearts 3, where you switch between playing our various heroes stories).

Roxas and Xion in KH3 Guess:

While Sora is our main hero who kicks bad-guy @$$ all the time, he hasn't quiet ever gone up against someone quite like Master Xehanort. I can totally imagine that during KH3, Xehanort beats Sora, and to eliminate a threat, KO's him Keyblade through the heart style.

Which leads to Roxas returning (As MX predicts and QUICKLY hunts down before someone can beat Sora's heartless in time) with Ven's heart still in him as it was before, and while Roxas is a badass and all, he probably gets beat too, leading to MX thinking that Sora is gone for good and that victory is all but achieved, since ya know, [sarcasm]apparently[/sarcasm] anyone who isn't Sora can't do anything...

What MX and no one else knows (or remembers) is Xion. Now, I can't say for sure if Xion could technically work as a nobody for Roxas, but hey, who knows, it's what I'm going with for the moment. Thus, Xion becomes a wild card for MX's plans.

Meh thats probably delving to much of what would be a wild-guess/fan-fiction kind of thing, the Keyblade War guess IMO has some merit, this however is just some creative guessing. :p

Just wanted to share some thoughts/guesses I had, make of them what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back