• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade War: Keychains

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NexusPrimordial

Anyone else notice the obscene amount of keyblades in KH:BBS? I was just wondering if it was possible that Chi, or Unchained chi at least, would make keychains available? I mean, we could keep the originalfew keyblades that Chi introduced but add keychains in as skins, basically.

AurisFlown

Awards
We'll we know that true keyblades have a keychain attached to them.

The Keyblades at the Keyblade Graveyard are replicas / fake keyblades. (If I remember correctly)

Most likely, those Keyblade's could possibly come out except it would be without the keychain.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
We'll we know that true keyblades have a keychain attached to them.

The Keyblades at the Keyblade Graveyard are replicas / fake keyblades. (If I remember correctly)

Most likely, those Keyblade's could possibly come out except it would be without the keychain.

They're not fake Keyblades, per se, they're man-made, like the rest of the Keyblades that are not the χblade. In other words: only the χblade is the true Keyblade, since the others were made by humans.

AurisFlown

Awards
They're not fake Keyblades, per se, they're man-made, like the rest of the Keyblades that are not the χblade. In other words: only the χblade is the true Keyblade, since the others were made by humans.

Not every Keyblade was man-made.

The kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D are also true Keyblade's by your standards.

I think any Keyblade with a keychain is considered a true Keyblade as the X-blade even had it's own keychain. Man-made Keyblades don't have keychains but maybe it's possible for it to get a keychain of it's own.

Hirokey123

Awards
All keyblades are man-made by virtue of the keyblade itself not being a naturally existing thing. If it's a keyblade it's an artificial construct, it's a weird one in that it can sort of replicate/copy itself via the ceremony but they are all artificial. The only one that is not is the X-blade which in MX's own words is not a keyblade at all, it's something totally different that exists naturally alongside kingdom hearts. Keyblades are just essentially people's failed attempt to create a weapon with the same powers.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Not every Keyblade was man-made.

The kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D are also true Keyblade's by your standards.

I think any Keyblade with a keychain is considered a true Keyblade as the X-blade even had it's own keychain. Man-made Keyblades don't have keychains but maybe it's possible for it to get a keychain of it's own.
Wait, what? Since when was it confirmed that the Kingdom Key and its dark counterpart aren't man-made? Last I checked, the lore stated in the games themselves said that the X-Blade is the only true and natural original, and all other Keyblades were forged by people in its likeness. No mention of the KK or KKD being exceptions.

If anything, the KK is probably the most basic of Keyblades. All Keyblades were created in imitation of the X-Blade, and the KK comes the closest out of all of em in terms of appearance.

And come to think of it, what about that Keyblade made of the princesses' hearts back in KH1? It has no keychain, if I recall correctly. If that thing isn't a Keyblade... what is it? I don't think keychains are the absolute constant in the definition of a Keyblade here...

Goddamn I'm just realizing how many times I just said "Keyblade." It's almost as bad as Ansem's darkness thing.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I presume the Keyblade to Return Hearts is an unique man-made Keyblade. But I don't think distinguishing whether the KtRH is man-made or not will be touched upon in KH3, or any future release, to be honest.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I presume the Keyblade to Return Hearts is an unique man-made Keyblade. But I don't think distinguishing whether the KtRH is man-made or not will be touched upon in KH3, or any future release, to be honest.

The fact that it's called the "Key" to Return Hearts makes me think it's actually not a Keyblade at all.

Muke

whatever
Awards
The fact that it's called the "Key" to Return Hearts makes me think it's actually not a Keyblade at all.
This here. I think it's more like an object or a character or so. Heck, it could even be a Door.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

"Key" not Keyblade.

It's pretty widely believed the Key to Return Hearts is not a Keyblade, which is what Tinny and Muke are saying. Like they are saying, it is more likely to be a power Sora will come to understand as he "searches" for it.

Joshua explained in KH3D that it is merely through the act of acknowledging a person that they can exist:

Joshua said:
Well, why can't it? By ourselves, we're no one. It's when other people look at us and see someone--that's the moment we each start to exist. All they needed was for someone to see them, connect with them.

And then Ansem the Wise pretty much states outright that Sora has this ability to "return hearts" and that his research data is the clue to guide Sora to understanding this:

KH3D said:
Ansem the Wise: Perhaps I wanted to atone for events of the past, even if no apology can undo the harm I have wrought. I felt...that I ought to leave at least something behind. So I digitized myself and my research, and hid them within Sora.

Riku: So this is...data?

Ansem the Wise: Yes. A clue, I hope, to finding yourselves or your lost friends in your hour of need. The heart has always been quick to grow. Each exposure to light, to the natural world, to other people, shapes this most malleable part inside of us. Nobodies are not different from us in that manner. Sora was the only one able to return to his human form without destroying his Nobody. That is a statement to the love in his heart for other people, and the bonds that tie them together. Perhaps...he has the power to bring back the hearts and existences of those connected to him--to recreate people we thought were lost to us forever. Our most precious treasures--even an empty puppet--the trees of the forest, and the petals on the wind--there are hearts around us everywhere we look. And it does not take superhuman powers to see them. Surely we remember as children the way our hearts made everything seem so shiny, and perfect. Sora has a heart like that--uncorrupted, willing to see the good before the bad. When he sees the heart in something, it then becomes real. When a connection seems broken, he may have the power to mend it. He has touched countless hearts, he has accepted them, and he has saved them. And some of those hearts have never left him--whether they fell into darkness or were trapped there--whether they sleep in the darkness of Sora's heart, or were welcomed into its warmth--they can be saved. All Sora needs to do is be himself and follow wherever it is that his heart takes him. It is the best and the only way. The rest is in there.

Sora's journey in KH3 to "find" the Key to Return Hearts is, therefore, not about finding a physical object but for Sora to find the power within himself. The journey is made out to seem as though he is looking for something tangible because Sora likely won't understand that he is the key.

Last edited:

Hirokey123

Awards
You know part of me hopes the key to return hearts is not just Sora but Kairi as well. I mean purifying a heartless should just turn it back into a heart but instead through the connection of Sora and Kairi it restored Sora to human form, albeit in doing so it left him incomplete. In a way isn't that similar to what we are trying to do now? Bring back people whose existences are little more than hearts lost in the depths of Sora and Kairi. I kinda felt like that's what Ansem the Wise was in part hinting when he brought up the fact that Sora returning is evidence that he might be able to bring back others.

Like maybe Sora himself is the key but a key doesn't really do anything alone, someone has to use it be it a regular key or keyblade it's the kind of thing that takes two, in fact that's sort of the thing about Sora his miracles always involve a second person you know power of friendship. That's why I'm hoping in the end after Sora sort of uncovers the power in himself he also comes to realize that it's not the kind of power he can use alone, and that's where Kairi comes in. Sora is the key and she his wielder and together, two uncorrupted hearts with a bond more powerful than any love or friendship, can bring back the lost trio who they are deeply connected to two. Roxas a being who acted as a medium to allow Sora and Kairi's hearts to make contact during Sora's sleep and whose physical body was once container of both their hearts, Xion a being born from Sora's most powerful memories the ones of Kairi, and Namine an entity whose existence was only possible through the union of Sora and Kairi as a single unit.

(I honestly don't expect any of TAV to need the key to return hearts. Ventus seems more like a kairi case where we just need to extract his heart while near his body to wake him up, except you know a proper extraction this time instead of using a special keyblade to break Sora's heart wide open turning him into a heartless. Terra I think is another Riku case where we just have to help him fight against Xehanort and he'll be able to take back his body. Aqua a Sora case where she can escape from that dark beach if she only had a friend to guide her home and we can be that friend.)

Muke

whatever
Awards
Hirokey123 said:
You know part of me hopes the key to return hearts is not just Sora but Kairi as well.

No, just no. I want the Dusk to be the key to return heart. We've been through so much with them, and I personally think that the Dusks are very well-developed characters -- just look at it. It went from Unknown Entity -> Enemy -> Dusk!!

Come to think of it -- why not make the shadows the key? I mean, helloooo!? Look at that Design! Those eyes, and the body itself -- brilliant! Also, we know them since KH I, which makes them our best friends since the beginning.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

8D

Spoiler Spoiler Show

No offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back