• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade Stances...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LoLWuTT

I find it weird that Ventus has a kick-ass stance and Aqua and Terra's were normal and stupid.

This isn't such a big deal but it annoys me because they make the camera shake before every battle that shows the "Information" box and it doesn't really look good when you play as Terra or Aqua since they barely move in their Keyblade stance.

Just my two cents . ;O

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
I liked Terra's and Aqua's stance, since they seem kinda fitting for them. Terra's seems a bit aggressive while Aqua's looks calm and collected while still having a bit of intimidation in it.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I don't get it. How are Terra and Aqua's stances stupid? Ven's just seems unorganized and reflects on how inexperienced he is with it. The way he weilds it is retarded to me. Terra and Aqua's are more staple and make more sense than Ven's.

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b
Terra and Ven's stance kind of look similar except for how they hold their keyblades. If you ask me the little face off thing that they do at the beginning of the boss battles wasn't as good this time around. I did like Vanitas's stance though, although it was basically just Riku's.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I say that Aqua and Terra's stances are prtty good...if someone liked strength... I'd say they'd wield a heavy weapon three ways... Terra's, Auron's for one-handers, Or Cloud's stance.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Personally, I find Terra's and Aqua's battle stances very fitting. Ven's actions really show just how inexperienced he is compared to them. Look left, look right, flip the Keyblade, rinse and repeat. It doesn't really seem like he's paying attention to his opponent and is pretty unneccessary. As for Terra and Aqua, they keep their actions to a minimum, and just focus on what they need to do or who they need to defeat.

LoLWuTT

I'm sorry. Let me rephrase my O.P.

Since the camera angles made a "dramatic" effect to the beginning of the fight, the other characters seemed to not fit the dramatical part. I don't know how else to explain it but it always bothered me. But I see people's points as to why Aqua and Terra have those stances. Oh wells.

dark_knight19

think its coz Ventus is supposed ta b speedy/combo based thats y he moves around, terra is supposed ta b brute strength so he has ta look like hes gonna kick someones butt and aqua idk.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
Ven's battle stance reflects his eager personality and speedy fighting style, but it also makes sense in the real world. If you want to be quick, like in sports for example, you don't stand still and flat footed, but you constantly move around, what Ven is most likely achieving

Grey

Ven's battle stance reflects his eager personality and speedy fighting style, but it also makes sense in the real world. If you want to be quick, like in sports for example, you don't stand still and flat footed, but you constantly move around, what Ven is most likely achieving

I agree. And therefore, Ven's stance isn't "stupid," it's just different. Their stances reflect their personalities and fighting styles. Ven is constantly moving, Aqua's standing calmly yet powerfully, and Terra's getting ready to pounce in and hammer away at enemies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
It's dumb. Wielding your keyblade backwords doesn't add any "speed" to it.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Way I see it, back-handed wielding is aimed more at quick-draws, really. Adds up with Ven's Keyblade at least seemingly being shorter than Aqua and Terra's.
And then he goes and gets the Ultima Weapon and I have to wonder how he manages to run without hitting it against the floor all the time...

*disappointed because she was hoping for a Vanitas-Riku relation theory thread going by the name* :c

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Way I see it, back-handed wielding is aimed more at quick-draws, really. Adds up with Ven's Keyblade at least seemingly being shorter than Aqua and Terra's.
And then he goes and gets the Ultima Weapon and I have to wonder how he manages to run without hitting it against the floor all the time...

*disappointed because she was hoping for a Vanitas-Riku relation theory thread going by the name* :c

lol.

I was thinking the same thing.

Grey

It's dumb. Wielding your keyblade backwords doesn't add any "speed" to it.

Technically, it could. Moving your arm forward like that is much faster and easier than moving your arm forward in the same motion, and then slashing by moving your arm in the opposite direction (like Sora or Aqua).

I mean, it's arguably harder to hold a sword like that as opposed to the traditional grip, but so what? It's Ven's personal preference (as far as we know). It's different, and therefore it's stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back