• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade spotted in Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

There have been quite a few Kingdom Hearts references in various Disney media as of late.

Back in March, Mickey's Keyblade was spotted among his belongings in a Disney+ short: The Wonderful Spring of Mickey Mouse. Earlier this month, we see the character KG on a video call to Penny as he plays through the original Kingdom Heart's tutorial on an episode of The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder.

Now, Sora's iconic Kingdom Key Keyblade has been spotted in the new Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers trailer! Keep an eye out for it at 1:21 among other features belonging to familiar characters.

Thanks to Gianluca La Porta via Twitter for the tip! 

Last edited by a moderator:

AR829038

Awards
It's seriously so cool how much Disney seems to be acknowledging Kingdom Hearts in so many of their properties and shows after so many years of just begrudgingly ignoring it. If I was a speculative man, I might think this was to build up awareness for an upcoming Disney+ series. But even barring that, I'm just glad to see finally all this KH love from Disney after being a fan for 20 years.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It's seriously so cool how much Disney seems to be acknowledging Kingdom Hearts in so many of their properties and shows after so many years of just begrudgingly ignoring it. If I was a speculative man, I might think this was to build up awareness for an upcoming Disney+ series. But even barring that, I'm just glad to see finally all this KH love from Disney after being a fan for 20 years.

Nope. It's literally that KH fans are now adults and working in the animation industry and are sneaking in the cameos themselves. Crew members of the various shows have admitted to it, and considering Sora's Keyblade shares a wall with Jimmy Neutron's hair, I wouldn't think too much of it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well now we know who bought Mickey's.

(Swear to Christ, if the reason we haven't seen Gadget yet is because she's the plot twist villain reveal.....)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well now we know who bought Mickey's.

(Swear to Christ, if the reason we haven't seen Gadget yet is because she's the plot twist villain reveal.....)
I mean I wouldn’t be surprised if that happened and I would be so fucking mad.

So instead I’m hoping she is the secret hero.

Sonofjafar

Awards
I mean I wouldn’t be surprised if that happened and I would be so fucking mad.

So instead I’m hoping she is the secret hero.
I’d honestly be more annoyed by Gadget being a last minute hero. That’d just make her the usual Mary Sue that everyone’s supposed to look up to because she’s a “powerful female” character.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I’d honestly be more annoyed by Gadget being a last minute hero. That’d just make her the usual Mary Sue that everyone’s supposed to look up to because she’s a “powerful female” character.
I didn’t say last minute hero. I said secret hero. Obscured marketing to hide her role.

And even if she was a last minute hero, Gadget deserves it. How would it make her a Mary Sue? She is already a cool character.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Does anyone think this might be canon to KH4's story? Maybe on his way to Quadratum he stopped here first, and to pay rent he has to fight in Smash tournaments.

Sonofjafar

Awards
I didn’t say last minute hero. I said secret hero. Obscured marketing to hide her role.

And even if she was a last minute hero, Gadget deserves it. How would it make her a Mary Sue? She is already a cool character.
Because Disney has a track record of writing female characters poorly in reboot movies. I agree that Gadget’s cool. I just think Disney is hiding her from the trailer because they know people that actually know the original will hate it

Sonofjafar

Awards
While I do want to see this movie, I am kind of annoyed they didn’t go full hand drawn with Chip and the characters hat are not supposed to be cgi

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think part of the Reason Gadget hasn't appeared is because she's the most popular character from that show. So they're probably saving her for some big reveal or moment. But I agree with not wanting her to be the big twist villain, turning one of the heroes from a previous entry of the show into the big villain is so overdone and annoying at this point. I still groan whenever a scooby doo entry feels the need to take a dig at Scrappy.

Plus I feel like a large part of the fan base they're trying to attract with this movie would lose their shit if she was turned into the twist villain. I prefer Sporkanort's idea of her being the secret hero, who plants hints movie through out, helping the others out, leaving clues and what not to make a big appearance towards the end to tie it all together and help wrap it up.

Sonofjafar

Awards
I think part of the Reason Gadget hasn't appeared is because she's the most popular character from that show. So they're probably saving her for some big reveal or moment. But I agree with not wanting her to be the big twist villain, turning one of the heroes from a previous entry of the show into the big villain is so overdone and annoying at this point. I still groan whenever a scooby doo entry feels the need to take a dig at Scrappy.

Plus I feel like a large part of the fan base they're trying to attract with this movie would lose their shit if she was turned into the twist villain. I prefer Sporkanort's idea of her being the secret hero, who plants hints movie through out, helping the others out, leaving clues and what not to make a big appearance towards the end to tie it all together and help wrap it up.
I can live with whatever as long as Disney doesn’t over do it. I just want a female character who doesn’t over shadow the title characters in contributions to the plot

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
FTMMcflakAAtfQ3

Back