• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade Mix-up

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoryu

(I'm pretty sure this is the right thread, if not, please move)

As we know, Sora has the Light keyblade, Riku has the Twilight/Dawn keyblade, and Mickey has the Dark keyblade (though Nomura has said he can use light and dark). Doesn't this seem odd?
Riku uses a dark form, dark firaga/aura/etc.
Sora has used a balance of light and dark powers
And we have only seen Mickey use pearl and heal Riku in CoM.
So shouldn't Sora have Twilight/Dawn, Riku have Dark, and Mickey have Light?

kh is ba

I guess that would make sense but it doesn't really matter about the keyblade. It might just depend on how powerful the wielder is or something.

Dragoryu

So you mean that like if Sora was stronger, he could control the darkness in the IKK?

Keyblademastar

Sora has light because 1) hes the protagonist 2)kairi was in his heart which made him have a pure heart

Riku started off with light but accepted the darkness and hence the way to dawn.

Mickey we don't know much about his past so it's unclear why he has those keyblades.

Dragoryu

The protagonist's weapon could have a mixture of dark and light, like Chaos Breaker in Shining Force. And Sora still has darkness in his heart, as proven by anti-form.

Eternamente926

Sora only uses dark powers when he shifts into Antiform, as far as I know. And the basic in-game explaination is that there truly is darkness in every heart, even Sora's. So as he relies more and more on drive forms, his heart can accidentally gravitate towards darkness in desperation and thus boom... Antiform.

Plus Sora's the protagonist, so yeah lol... he gets the Light keyblade =p

It'd make sense for Mickey to have Dawn and Riku to have Dark, but for storyline purposes...

Dragoryu

Yeah, I've learned not to doubt Nomura because he'll make everything make sense.... sort of.

Chupacabra

In fact Roxas had the twilight Keyblades.. you get Oblivion from Riku and it's the dark Keyblade.. it depends just on the Keychains and we've also seen that the king wields the Starseeker.. he just found the keychain...

Because.. yeah.. considering Mickey as darkness is really a bit odd..

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Well, some people think Sora should've gotten the Way to the Dawn since Riku was the true Keyblade master, but I don't think so. Anyway, Riku mostly uses his dark stuff probably because he doesn't know how to use the power of light just yet, he's learned to accept it.

"Maybe the Darkness has gotten to me too" -Sora KH2

This could explain why Sora uses dark power as well as light. Not just the Antiform stuff, but maybe fighting the Heartless, entering the Realm of Darkness, possibly seeing others with dark hearts, and maybe some of the emotions associated with darkness (anger, hate, sorrow), if emotions have anything to do with it, which I sorta doubt.

As for Mickey, he got to the Dark Realm first, so the dark one belongs to him. He didn't really have any fear of the darkness and just rushed right into get it first so he could help Sora.

In my awkward guess, they probably could switch Keyblades, but it's more likely that their hearts belong to the one that chose them and connects them to, i.e. Riku's use of light and darkness, Sora's technique of mostly using light, the King's fearlessness of the darkness to use a dark Keyblade, but I doubt it.

shadow_of_light

i don't think it matter as much about the keyblade each one has as much as what sora, himself, initially represents. if he is the one that is to open the door (kh1), then shouldn't that give him the ability to have pwrs of both light and dark? when the door to kingdom hearts was opened in kh1, light came out. but when they looked in, hearless. i don't know if that really connects to what i'm saying, but sora is supposed restore balance. thus, he can do what he can do.

SHadyLAdy_70

Website
shadylady-70.deviantart.com
Well, some people think Sora should've gotten the Way to the Dawn since Riku was the true Keyblade master, but I don't think so. Anyway, Riku mostly uses his dark stuff probably because he doesn't know how to use the power of light just yet, he's learned to accept it.

"Maybe the Darkness has gotten to me too" -Sora KH2

This could explain why Sora uses dark power as well as light. Not just the Antiform stuff, but maybe fighting the Heartless, entering the Realm of Darkness, possibly seeing others with dark hearts, and maybe some of the emotions associated with darkness (anger, hate, sorrow), if emotions have anything to do with it, which I sorta doubt.

As for Mickey, he got to the Dark Realm first, so the dark one belongs to him. He didn't really have any fear of the darkness and just rushed right into get it first so he could help Sora.

In my awkward guess, they probably could switch Keyblades, but it's more likely that their hearts belong to the one that chose them and connects them to, i.e. Riku's use of light and darkness, Sora's technique of mostly using light, the King's fearlessness of the darkness to use a dark Keyblade, but I doubt it.

I think your reasons have the most logic to them. The things you said are pretty much true.

Mystlord

(I'm pretty sure this is the right thread, if not, please move)

As we know, Sora has the Light keyblade, Riku has the Twilight/Dawn keyblade, and Mickey has the Dark keyblade (though Nomura has said he can use light and dark). Doesn't this seem odd?
Riku uses a dark form, dark firaga/aura/etc.
Sora has used a balance of light and dark powers
And we have only seen Mickey use pearl and heal Riku in CoM.
So shouldn't Sora have Twilight/Dawn, Riku have Dark, and Mickey have Light?

Why is this odd? Sora in KH1, has had a fear of the darkness, as evidenced during his dive to the heart. Therefore, his original affinity is to the light, hence the light keyblade.
Riku on the other hand, originally stepped into the darkness, was enveloped in it when he was overtaken by Ansem (thus the Soul Eater), and the Soul Eater was still with him during Chain of Memories, as he still had a little bit of Ansem inside of him. Then, sometime after Riku accepted the darkness (during the Riku vs. Roxas fight), he developed the Soul Eater, an embodiment of darkness, into Way to the Dawn, the mid-way point between light and darkness, to reflect the embodiment of both light and darkness in his soul (he can change back like in TWTNW). Not to mention his resolution at the end of Reverse/Rebirth to walk the middle path between light and darkness.His dark powers are from the dark side of his soul; the side that Ansem embodies.
Mickey... Well. I don't know. I can only think that he, in his quest to find Ansem the Wise, perhaps delved a little into the power of darkness. Well, I really have no clue. Bring on KH: Coded! :p

mislead_light

Why is this odd? Sora in KH1, has had a fear of the darkness, as evidenced during his dive to the heart. Therefore, his original affinity is to the light, hence the light keyblade.
Riku on the other hand, originally stepped into the darkness, was enveloped in it when he was overtaken by Ansem (thus the Soul Eater), and the Soul Eater was still with him during Chain of Memories, as he still had a little bit of Ansem inside of him. Then, sometime after Riku accepted the darkness (during the Riku vs. Roxas fight), he developed the Soul Eater, an embodiment of darkness, into Way to the Dawn, the mid-way point between light and darkness, to reflect the embodiment of both light and darkness in his soul (he can change back like in TWTNW). Not to mention his resolution at the end of Reverse/Rebirth to walk the middle path between light and darkness.His dark powers are from the dark side of his soul; the side that Ansem embodies.
Mickey... Well. I don't know. I can only think that he, in his quest to find Ansem the Wise, perhaps delved a little into the power of darkness. Well, I really have no clue. Bring on KH: Coded! :p

i like this explenation the best so im going with Mystlord;2504732 on this

Terra_Firma

Although it is kinda odd for mikey to have darkness, it makes sense, he was in the dark realm first. There is no true keyblade master, only weilders. look at sunset horizon, there are thousands of keyblades that have either lost their weilder or waiting for a suitible heart.

I<3Roxas

This topic always made me wonder about the characters true alliegences....If Sora really is the keyblade weilder of light, and Riku is of Twilight, then Mickey by all means should be of darkness. What I've always wondered is why he's of darkness. The reason "He's first into it, so he gets it," makes some sense, but not enough IMO. Sora wasn't first in the realm of light, so why did he get it? We know it's because Riku went to darkness, but then, why would he get it in the first place? Yes, the keyblade chooses its weilder, but how does it do that? How can it be sure that the person it picks is strongest? We see that it makes mistakes(look at Hollow Bastion, KH1 when it switches alliegances twice in a day!) So through this set of facts, the keyblade must apparently choose whoever is strongest nearby at a given moment. And also, if the legends alluded to in KH1 about the weilder doing as he wishes with it to bring ruin and chaos or hope and salvation, then any keyblade could do anything, and thus this whole topic's discussion is a moot point becuase anyone can do anything with any keyblade. Hence Mickey (allegedly of light) can use the dark realms keyblade. If, however, each keyblade is attached to the weilder's alignment(going against the legends), then Mickey must be of the darkness and have some alterior motive that we are unaware of at the moment. Based on what we know now, I must conclude that the keyblade's origin or alleged alignment is nothing compared to that of the weilder.

MasterXeanort

If, however, each keyblade is attached to the weilder's alignment(going against the legends), then Mickey must be of the darkness and have some alterior motive that we are unaware of at the moment.

Just because something is of darkness or from the dark realm does not mean that it has to be evil so mickey's alterior motive is not likely.

In fact Roxas had the twilight Keyblades.. you get Oblivion from Riku and it's the dark Keyblade.. it depends just on the Keychains and we've also seen that the king wields the Starseeker.. he just found the keychain...

Roxas had oblicion and oathkeeper because they represent Sora's memories of Riku and Kairi respectivley.
An the keychain thing is all for the sake of powering up your charecter's weapon in the game.

Sora most likely has the light keyblade because of the fact that at the time while in the realm of light his heart was the strongest and was in danger of the heartless. So he obtained the light realm keyblade to defend himself. Mickey's heart was the strongest at the time in the realm of darkness so he obtained the dark realm keyblade. As for Riku I cannot say because I do not know how exactly he recieved his keyblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back