• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Keyblade Design Game-by-Game (Updated Keyblade Design Thread)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which KH Game has the best keyblades?

• Days: Every keyblade wielder needs an umbrella

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Hello! I wrote a thread about Keyblade Design a while ago, however I'm not satisfied with it as a whole and would like to go game-by-game and briefly talk about the keyblades in each one.

Light spoilers for every KHIII keyblade! If you haven't seen them yet, you might perceive them as very light spoilers! You have been warned!

KINGDOM HEARTS

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Overall, KH gets a 8/10 from me in regards to keyblade design. Still don't like how ugly and polygonal Wishing Star and Crabclaw are, however. My favorite ones from this game are jungle king, lady luck, lionheart, oathkeeper, and divine rose. My least favorites are the crabclaw, wishing star, and diamond dust.

KINGDOM HEARTS II

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Overall, I'll give KHII an 8/10 for keyblade design, just like KH. While the bad ones are way worse than anything in KH, the good ones add to the canon wonderfully and really make me love looking at them. Already listed the best and the worst, but if you want to know my favorite it's probably two become one while my least favorite by far is the butt-ugly photon debugger.

KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'll give days a 6/10 for looking bland, but I stress that I don't hate them. I actually like the ones I listed a lot, and the boring ones don't really stick out to me in a negative way necessarily.

KINGDOM HEARTS CODED

Zero/One is pretty cool. Otherwise, I won't give this a rating.

KINGDOM HEARTS BIRTH BY SLEEP

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Overall, 6.5/10 for Birth by Sleep. My favorite is probably Lost Memory while my least favorite is Frolic flame or Fairy Stars.

KINGDOM HEARTS DREAM DROP DISTANCE

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Overall, I'll give the keyblades from DDD a 5/10. Not very exciting or memorable, however some good work came out of them.

KINGDOM HEARTS X SAGA

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Overall, 5/10 for X's keyblades. While I like the foreteller's keyblades a lot and think that the starlight is a nice, simple design, the gaudiness problem still seeps into this game like a virus.

KINGDOM HEARTS III

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Overall, KHIII gets a 6.5/10 for me on keyblade design. While I really like the ones listed above, the bad looking ones stick out like a sore thumb, especially with a weirdly low keyblade count in the game. My favorite would be the grand chef probably while my least favorite to look at would easily be the favorite deputy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Well, which ones do you like the most from each game? Comment below and let me know! ^u^

P.S. If I didn't mention a keyblade from a game it pm means I have no solid opinion on the keyblade!

kaseykockroach

Awards
I LOVE Hunny Spot’s transformation. I find it quite aesthetically-pleasing, as well as appetite-inducing!

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Personally I like the designs in KH1 the most, while Nostalgia might be an influencing factor, I do think it had the simplests and most straight forward designs, at least for most of it's keyblades. It didn't try to make them look like a representation of characters or locations, but theme which I found worked well.

Personally I always preferred the simpler looking Keyblades. My Issue wit most keyblades after KH1 is much like you mentioned the fact that they look overly designed, those designs can sometimes work really well other times not so much. While I generally would say I don't like keyblades modeled after buildings, Ever After is a bit of a exception for me.

In the end I'd say the Kingdom Key (D), Oathkeeper, Oblivion, Jungle King, Master's Defender, Stormfall, Rainfeel, Earthshaker, Ends of the Earth, Wayward Wind and Fenrir are among my favorites

kaseykockroach

Awards
I never really took keyblade designs into account. Until KH3, I just stuck with whichever keyblade had higher stats, regardless of how ugly-looking it was! But now that KH3 offers being able to use any keyblade you want and upgrade its status so it never falls too far behind, now I can choose which keyblade I like best aesthetically.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm regards to KH3 the only keyblade I dislike is Favorite Deputy. The claw and hammer transformation is cool but I'm not even sure I can call that thing a keyblade. Though I suppose it's because It could have been a reference to the cactuar

My favorite keyblade of KH3 was wheel of fate with the Dragoon lance transformation and Kraken finisher.

Back