• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Key Blade Wars: The Aftermath

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi&Sora 4ever

On the vast beaches of Destiny Islands awaiting hi
Alrighty..its finally here…chapter nine part two..the dramatic conclusion to sora’s dream..hope you like it!

Key Blade Wars: The Aftermath

Chapter 9(part 2): In the Shadows

Lien whisked hurriedly through the endless city streets as fast as his legs would carry him. Nightfall came upon the peaceful metropolis and hazy crimson lights twinkled lazily on the streets below as he sprinted. Finally he neared a narrow pathway that led to his tiny tranquil home. Lien violently thrusted the door ajar and an apprehensive Miko glanced up in surprise, “Lien, honey where have you been all night? Jadis told me the great news, I’m so happy for you!”

She leapt up from the maroon sofa and threw her long thin arms around his neck and she pulled him gently into her. He could tell from her red-rimmed eyes and tiresome expression that she had waited up all night for him. Lien let his head fall into her silky black hair, as the memories of what had just happened ate away at his thoughts. He laid his hands firmly upon her fair shoulders and placed her slowly back so he could see her warm beautiful features that were now filled with worry, “Miko, something terrible has happened. I can’t explain it right now but we have to get you and Kairi as far away from Hollow Bastion as possible.” His voice cracked with desperation as he bore his dark green eyes into her blue ones.

Her expression grew puzzled as she shook her head bewildered, “Lien, what are you talking about..what happened?” She whispered, her voice quavering slightly.

“Miko, you just have to trust me okay? Now grab your things, we need to leave as soon as we can.” He grabbed her small hand and held it tightly in his stronger one as he led her hastily towards the door.

Miko stopped abruptly still clinging onto his hand. Lien jerked his head worriedly around to face his beautiful wife whose deep blue eyes were now filled with tears, her voice grew hoarse as she spoke, “Look, whatever is going on..we can’t leave Lien. What about our families and our friends? We can’t just leave with out telling them!”

He took both of her hands and placed them softly to his lips, “I know Mik, I know..but our daughter’s life is at stake! Lord Ansem has gone insane ..he’s planning to destroy all of Hollow Bastion and part of his plan is to kidnap our daughter as well! We either stay here and hand our lives over to him on a silver platter or we leave forever and start a new life, in a new world!”

Wrenching her delicate hand from his grasp, she let out a horrified gasp, “Lien I think its you who’s gone insane here, you really expect me to believe that the great Lord Ansem is capable of such awful things?!” She fumed wildly thrusting her finger into his chest.

Lien threw his arms up aghast, “How could you not believe me! I’m your husband..you really think I would say such things unless I was absolutely certain they were true?!”

She flipped her endless hair viciously over her shoulder and she pursed her lips in discomfort as she retorted, “I just don’t know what to believe right now…I think you need to relax and perhaps stay somewhere else tonight, because I have nothing more to say to you right now.”

He dropped his jaw in astonishment as her cruel words sunk in. His usually handsome features filled with utter disgust when he flung the front door furiously open and left the house once more. As soon as his feet hit the hard cold pavement of the sidewalk, he took off at a run for the one person’s house he knew would believe him.
---------------------------------

“Lien what in the hell are you doin’ here so late?” His beastly blue haired friend yawned wearily.

“Jadis, there’s something I’ve got to tell you. It’s Lord Ansem, he’s gone absolutely crazy! He’s going to takeover Hollow Bastion. I tried to tell Mik but she won’t listen…I can’t let her and Kairi be in danger..we have to convince her or else it’ll be too late for all of us!”

Jadis rubbed a gigantic hand over his stubbly chin in wonderment, “Li how- why do you know this?”

“He told me himself Jade..I mean he even asked me to join him!”

Lien watched his friend closely..hoping for some sign that he might believe him. After a few moments of uncomfortable silence Jadis slowly opened his mouth to speak, “Alright, so what’s the plan?” He mumbled gruffly.

A huge smile spread across Lien’s face and he let out an exasperated sigh of relief, “Just grab your weapon and follow me.”

The pair dashed once more past the many buildings with their weapons in hand, each glancing wildly around in search of any signs of danger. Dawn appeared more quickly than either had anticipated as the sun rose lazily from the horizon and illuminated the vast sky with a gentle orange and pink glimmer.

As they breached the sprawling town square, a peculiar sight caught both warriors’ eyes almost immediately. From the very center of the cream cobblestones a dark shadow began to take shape. It grew larger and larger until it filled the entire area. Lien inhaled sharply as he quickened his grip on the two massive swords he wielded. From the shadows emerged a dark and menacing figure, the only feature visible was a pair of beady yellow eyes that gazed stoically at the two of them. It was as if the thing was void of all emotion or feeling, it merely just…existed.

Countless creatures identical to the first soon followed and in seconds the entire square was teeming with them. Lien and Jadis gazed in awe at the scene..neither believing their eyes to be true to them, “Holy shit…Miko...I have to go find her.” Lien breathed his eyes widening in horror.

Jadis gave a curt nod to his friend as he grumbled, “Go now..I’ll hold ‘em off for ya.”

“No Jadis..you can’t possibly take on all-“

Jadis nudged him roughly forward “Go now Lien! Their isn’t much time! You have to get them both out of here!”

He stared mournfully into his friends deep brown eyes as he croaked, “Jadis I can’t leave you-“

Jadis patted his friend firmly on the shoulder, the same sadness was mirrored in his rugged features, “You can and you must, Miko and Kairi’s lives are more important than my own Li, you have to protect them!”

Lien smiled sadly, and nodded in agreement as small tears began to form at the rims of his eyes. “I’ll come back for you Jadis, I promise”

He cast one last glance at his friend who swung his scythe ferociously into the air, and struck it swiftly across a group of the creatures doing little damage to the them. Lien bounded through the length of the square, narrowly dodging the creatures as he did so.
Finally he reached the tiny house and he blasted away the front door with a swing of his sword. He searched anxiously in every room but neither his wife nor his daughter were to be found. His heart pounded relentlessly in his chest as he screamed, “MIKO WHERE ARE YOU?!”

..Still no answer..

Panicking, the warrior stumbled out of his house and onto the coarse, white sand that lined the dark unwelcoming waters. He felt as though his heart was about to explode. He let out a huge cry as he dropped to the ground in a heap. His body trembled uncontrollably as he heaved huge sobs into the powdery sand beneath him. And that was when he heard it…her angelic voice flowing through his ears, “Lien..”

Lien pushed himself up and gazed manically around in search of her, “Mik…baby where are you?!”

“I’m right here Lien..”

She was far off in the distance and he was barely able to make out her small frame and long black hair sprawled out on the snowy white shore. As he finally reached his beloved, it was then that he saw her in full view, her body was drenched in a maroon pool of her own blood.

He dropped to his knees, as tears streamed rapidly from his emerald eyes. Running his hands over the deep wound that was pierced into her stomach he began to sob uncontrollably, “Mi-Mik..wha-what happened?!” he cried as he lifted her limp head into his icy trembling hands, adjusting her aqua eyes to meet his own.

“He came to the house and tried to take her from me..but it was too late. I had seen the shadows coming and I knew I couldn’t leave you, so I sent her away on a boat..and when I told him he stabbed his blade into my stomach.” She let her head drop numbly into his lap.

“I should have trusted you Lien, I should have left with you. This is all my fault, I’m so sorry I didn’t trust you..” Her eyes were brimming with pleading tears as she laced her arms weakly around his waist.

Lien gripped her pale arms tightly and began to shake her gently as he wept, “You have to stay awake Miko, we’re going to get you help..we’re going to get you out of here.”

He gently gathered her small body in his muscular arms and held her head tightly to his chest as her legs dangled loosely under his arms. Hollow Bastion was in complete and utter chaos as they proceeded onward to the expansive castle. There were buildings shrouded in flames, citizens running in every direction, and small children left abandoned in the streets. Even through all of the turmoil, Lien kept his mind set on one thing only..to save the women he loved.

Finally the pair reached the extensive marble stairway that led to the entrance of the kingdom just as a cold maniacal voice crept its way threw his spine, “You see Lien, every mistake comes with a price, it’s a pity such a beautiful young lady had to be yours.”

Lien jerked viciously around to face his adversary, with pure cold hatred etched in the features of his face, “You bastard! I’ll make you pay for what you’ve done!!” he seethed lividly as he spat at Ansem’s feet.

A disgustingly satisfied smirk played its way across the emperor’s malicious stare, “I tried to warn you, yet you continue to disrespect me, but I’m afraid you’ve underestimated my power once again...Though I have lost track of your daughter, I shall inevitably find her again, and once I do, this universe will succumb to darkness.”

Suddenly in the aging man’s hand appeared as if out of thin air, a humungous black and red key. Lien gasped horror-struck as Ansem swiftly lifted the key and then, catching him completely off-guard, plunged it deep into the young warrior’s chest.

As the cold hard metal pierced through his skin, Lien stumbled back in aguish, dropping his wife to the hard cement ground and he fell in a bleeding heap right beside her. The two lovers stared in a pleading agony at one another. Miko weakly stretched a small hand towards him and he let his fingers lace tenderly through her own, pulling her in closer to him. He placed a hand on her lower back and passionately caressed her with the tip of his index finger. Slowly her deep blue eyes, the eyes that had made him tremble with affection every time she had looked at him, and kissed him..and loved him slowly began to glaze over.

His heart felt as though it was being torn in two as icy darkness enshrouded his entire being. The pain that it brought blinded his vision and it felt as though his body was on fire as he screamed out in pure torment..his soul plummeted deeper and deeper into the darkness.

“For a love so strong was not meant to last..”
----------------------------

Sora awoke in an icy sweat and his entire body shook violently. He placed a hand to his throbbing head and stumbled ungracefully from his bed and onto the plush carpet beneath it. A bewildered Kairi came lovingly to his side as she took a damp cloth and wiped it across his burning forehead. She placed her hands softly on his face as she gazed worriedly into his eyes, “Sora, what’s wrong? You’ve been saying things in your sleep all night..and you face is on fire!”

He shook his head assuringly and whispered hoarsely, “I’m fine, I promise. I just need to speak to the king, immediately.”

Whisking gently past the beautiful red haired girl he began to sprint through the on going corridors until he reached the king’s study. Without hesitating he shoved the double doors ajar, making a beeline to where Mickey sat tranquilly on a giant maroon armchair shuffling through files of paper. The tiny king glanced up through his half-moon spectacles in surprise unaware that Sora had even entered the room, he cleared his throat roughly as he spoke to someone Sora hadn’t noticed until now, “Why here he is right now, the boy I’ve been telling you so much about!”

Sora craned his neck to try to catch a glimpse of the person the king was conversing with, when suddenly the beastly man rose from the armchair opposite to Mickey’s. He was dressed in a dark navy cloak that shielded most of his face and gave a suspicious air to the man. He lifted a rough hand for Sora to shake as he mumbled gruffly, “The names’ Jadis, its nice to finally meet ya.”

--------------------

DUN DUN DUN! hehe i really hope you guys liked it! new chaps will be up soon!

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Ha! THere was something in there that I was confused about for my own. When the heartless invade, they don't cast fire, so how was anything burning?
That's why I made mine a sort of silent invasion, one where everyone was caught off guard cause I wasn't sure of that.

Woulnd't jadis be too old to be any help now? He's like 50... well, Auron was just as old so forget what I just said.

Wasn't the keyblade only meant for the strongest heart? Ansem let his fall into darkness because of the power it granted... so doesn't that make him weak?
Ah whatever, its a fanfic, doesn't have to follow the storyline!

Gamergirl

Silver Member
woo hoo . . .the ending to chapter 9!
well that was pretty good . . .and pretty long but i can tell u took ur time wit this
can't 4 chapter 10!!!

shadow warrior

another great chappy!!! oh bhkiller yea heartless dont cause fires but still ppl will use anything as a weapon, and who knows maby one was stupid enought and set there house on fire which caused a chain reactoin or somthing. oo cant wait for the next chapter!!!! just take ur time. it might be better to do that. ^^'. still this chapter was just plain amazing!!!! hmm so he lived.... suspense what will sora do. what does jadis want with him? does he want anything from him. suspence is a killer!! bum bum bum!!!

Kairi&Sora 4ever

aww glad u guys liked it!! umm and BHKiller...it actually does follow the story line..i never said the heartless caused the fire...it was like shadow warrior said..people were trying to use anything they could to beat them and stuff just kinda happened... and um this was only 20 years ago..so no jadis would be 39..its not really that old...and about the keyblade thing..it wasnt actually the keyblade, if u remember from the game ..when ansem possesed riku he wielded a black and red keyblade, but instead of sealing doors, it unlocked peoples hearts to him..

anyways im glad u guys liked it!! and madsora ill try to be faster but i mean i cant like put off school work to write this..wish i could but i cant..

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
K&S that was amazing!!! I almost cried at that one part. :( But it ended good! I love cliffhangers like that! lol

Anyways, I can't wait for the next chapter!! ^_^

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
I remember that fake keyblade, but they never explained how they got that, so I expect an explenatioin young missy! Jk

And who would burn a house to burn creatures that can just dissaear? Surely they realized that... But the little kid part made sense.

JADIS WAS 19!?!?!!?!?! I thought he was like 30...whatever, I've got a read more carefully.

I have a BAD Headache... if this sounds irittable, sorry. My head is killing me and I only came on cause I'm home alone and very bored...

Kairi&Sora 4ever

once again...the people didnt burn their own houses..the fires were from torches and such that people were using as means to try and kill the heartless...i mean its not a big deal..its a friggin fire lol..it was just to show that complete chaos was going on..fire is symbolic for evil and thats what i was trying to show...simple as that.

and about how ansem got that fake keyblade...well i didnt put it in there because it was irrelevant to the point i was trying to make in the story...i think its very unneccesary to randomly mention how he aqquired the weapon in one of the most dramatic parts of the chapter..ur just supposed to wonder for yourself how it came to him

anyways thanks true for the sweet compliment! :)..i got really sad when writing it but it had to be done hehe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back