• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Key Blade Wars: The Aftermath (Re Dub)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi&Sora 4ever

On the vast beaches of Destiny Islands awaiting hi
Yay! You're continuing! ^^

If any members cause you trouble tell me! I'll kick thier butts! :nahnah:

Aw, thanks Sam :D

The only problem is that it's a..coughmodcough.. :thumbdown:

But it's okay for now, I've just learned to ignore them

Oh yeah and chapter 3 will be up some time tomorrow guys!

EDIT: And I would officially like to thank GamerGirl for the beautiful sig and avy!

Kairi&Sora 4ever

Yay! New Chappie! And which mod is it?

The mods don't usually bother people, at least not for no good reason. (Not that I'm saying your doing something bad)

It's TheMuffinMan, I know he's infamous around here for being kind of a jerk and he definitely lived up to that.

I think he just likes picking on a lot of people who he assumes are inferior to him just because he has mod priveleges and he knows that they can't defend themselves since he'll block them.

It's alright though, there's more good people on here than bad so I'll stay for that reason.

Anyways, I think the new chap will be up tomorrow afternoonish!

Haku

<3
I would love to see a update, but she's probably been busy alot lately.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
remember she said she was gonna leave or somethin. you dont think she has, has she?

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
ah your here. cool.
its been a looong time waitin for the next chap. better be good. hehehe....

Haku

<3
Well she might have been busy alot lately so that's probably why its taking awhile for the next update.

Kairi&Sora 4ever

Yep, you're right Haku I've been extremely busy!

But you're in luck ShadowKnight because the new chap is out- now!

Oh yeah and if anyone has missed the first two chapters for some reason I've made an index for the fic in the first post on page one.

Anyways, I'm so sorry for the long wait guys, but here it is Chapter 3!

Chapter 3: With The Dawn of Redeeming Grace

Daylight had steadily bestowed itself upon the islands by the time Riku breached the entrance to the gummi ship. His usually radiant emerald eyes were reddened with exhaustion, and his blond hair drooped limply around his wearied features. He had been awake throughout the night packing the provisions that he required for the voyage ahead as well as contemplating his sanity.

With a heavy sigh he revved the ship’s engine, and peered miserably out the window. His heart ached with longing as he gazed upon the glittering stretch of his homeland. For years Riku would have given anything to leave Destiny Islands behind, but now he wanted nothing more than to stay. Though he knew it was his burden to bare, he felt like a fool to part from such a paradise.

Reluctantly, he slumped into the pilot’s seat and placed his hands on the wheel. As he was about to take flight, his eyes widened as a sudden realization hit him, “I forgot to leave Sora a note!” He slapped his hand against his forehead in anguish.

His initial plan had been to retreat without telling anyone for fear of Sora being persistent on coming along, but he didn't want his friend to believe that he had just abandoned him.

With mounting anxiety, he plunged into the murky ocean and hastily treaded the waters in the direction of his house. As he neared the shore he noticed with intense dread, that the sun had already begun to ascend well above the horizon. Sora would be awake at any moment, and Riku’s plan for a silent departure would be futile.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Glimmering rays of sunlight streamed through Sora’s window as he layed comfortably stretched out on his bed. He hesitantly blinked his eyes open, wishing to return to the dream he had been having, a dream that had involved an angelic crimson haired girl.

The overwhelming feelings he had experienced hours before had yet to leave him. His heart beat heavily in his chest as he reminisced about the night,

“Do you really have to go?” He pleaded, staring earnestly into her sapphire eyes.

Kairi smiled gloomily, “My parents will start to worry if I don’t come home soon.” She lifted her gaze to meet his, “I’ll be missing you every moment until we meet again.”

He wrapped his arms securely around her waist, and she let her head rest upon his collarbone as he whispered, “I’ll come for you as soon as the sun rises.”

Yawning noisily he shot up from his bed and pulled on his clothes in such haste that he appeared some what disheveled.

In a flurry of exhilaration Sora thrust his front door open and broke out into a sprint as soon as his feet hit the sand. He couldn't help but grin foolishly as her house came into view.

As he neared the front door his attention was unexpectedly torn away to the gummi ship perched yards away who’s engine had begun to hum. He scratched his head in bewilderment, “That’s strange..”

With a last uneasy glimpse at Kairi’s house, he dove head first into the water and splashed swiftly out to the vessel.

When finally Sora reached the gummi ship’s stairs he gripped the latch to the cockpit and tumbled ungracefully inside.

To his amazement, the mysterious occupant was Riku sitting in the pilot’s seat with his hands clutched firmly upon the wheel. “Riku.. what are you doing?” He murmured unable to conceal the growing suspicion in his tone.

Riku jerked around, obviously having just become aware of the fact that he was no longer alone in the ship. His green eyes locked with his friend’s, and his face became pale as the color suddenly drained from it.

He nervously opened his mouth and then closed it again, closely resembling a fish out of water. With his mind racing his mouth grew unbearably dry as he tried to form words, “I’m uh- checking the engine.. just to uh..make sure everything is working correctly.” He stammered smiling dumbly.

Sora rolled his eyes unconvinced by his friend’s flimsy explanation. “Come on Riku, tell me what’s really going on. You know I’ll get it out of you eventually.”

It dawned on the silver haired man that he was trapped, and unable to create a clever explanation he stared gravely downward as he handed over the king’s letter.

With his eyebrows raised in puzzlement Sora snatched the paper from his hand and flipped the crumpled letter over as he began to read. As his eyes moved from left to right he felt his heart plummet deeper and deeper as he took in every word. When he finished, the letter dropped from his trembling hands and onto the floor. “Riku,” He began hoarsely, “When did you find this?”

Riku took a cautious step towards his friend and placed a firm hand on his shoulder, “Look Sora, you know what the king said. It’s okay if we make the decision to not go. He doesn’t even have proof that anything bad is going on. I was just going to leave and check things out then fly back in a few days.”

Pulling away from Riku’s grip, Sora glared at him as tears shook threateningly behind his indigo eyes, “The king isn’t senseless, he wouldn’t have called for us unless he atleast had some leads.”

“I know that, but-”

“Were you really just going to leave without me? If this really is something important, don’t you think I’d want to know about it?” His eyes flashed fiercely.

Shaking his head apologetically Riku whispered, “Sora, I just wanted you to be able to live a normal life for once.”

His infuriated demeanor softened at his friend’s kind words, “I know you were. But my life means nothing if Kairi’s not a part of it. It’s my duty to protect her, even if it means leaving again to do so.” His expression was transfixed with seriousness.

Riku nodded in understanding as he patted his companion consolingly on the back, “So, are you ready to cast off?”

“There’s something I have to do first.” He whispered gazing miserably in the direction of Kairi’s house.

In contrast to the eagerness he had felt as he had first made his way across the snowy white beach earlier that morning, Sora now trudged with his head hung dismally to his destination.

Nearing the front gate his stomach churned anxiously as a faint voice called out from above him, “Sora, what took you so long?”

Kairi leapt feverishly from her bedroom window and ran towards him as she wrapped her hands around his and placed a tender kiss on his cheek. Slowly, she pulled away as she scrutinized his wearied features. Her eyes brimmed with apprehension as she whispered, “What’s the matter? Is everything okay?”

Sora stared desperately into her beautiful face, knowing that he was about to say the most difficult thing he had ever said in his life.

Dun, dun, dun! ^^

I hope you guys enjoyed it, sorry it took so long to finally get it up!

And I know these first few chapters have revolved mostly around romantic themes, so to those of you who like action, adventure, and stuff like that don't worry because all of that is soon to come!

I'll let you guys know when I'm ready to post chapter 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back