• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kevin Quinn plays Gula in Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Since the reveal of the E3 2016 trailer for KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, fans have been working hard to learn who were the talented actors behind the voices of the mysterious Foretellers in X Back Cover. However, it wasn't until today that we finally learned who was behind the voice of Master Gula, Foreteller of Leopardos, and that is none other than Kevin Quinn!

Kevin, known for his work in Shameless and Disney Channel's Adventures in Babysitting, posted on his instagram a few weeks ago that he was in the studio recording for a mystery project. Though it was left vague, the photo clearly depicts Skylark Studios, where Square Enix is known to hold their recording sessions. 

Back in the studio.

A photo posted by Kevin Quinn (@kevingquinn) on Jun 13, 2016 at 9:54am PDT

Kevin was able to confirm it on Twitter today that that project is in fact, Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover, where he plays Master Gula.

Source: Kevin Quinn's Twitter

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Is there a reason why the Foretellers' VAs are suddenly being dropped tonight?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Is there a reason why the Foretellers' VAs are suddenly being dropped tonight?

Everyone has discovered the magical website known as IMDB.

All that's left is Ava and the Master of Masters. Travis Willingham and Matthew Mercer have to be playing Aced and Ira judging by the voices, but there's no way we will get a confirmation until NDA is lifted. They know how sneaky this fandom is.

I didn't know there's a social media called TIWTTER XD

meanie ;~;

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
but there's no way we will get a confirmation until NDA is lifted.
It's absolutely stupid because that NDA clause should have finished the moment Square started advertising the game with their voices.

You don't see companies releasing trailers for animated movies and then keep the cast list completely secret from everyone. These people have recorded lines, Square and Disney have used their voices for promotion. I want them to be more transparent and release a list but the last time they released a VA list for Kingdom Hearts it didn't even include Jason Dohring who was voicing one of the playable characters! (and man did the Staff write terrible articles back in those days holy crap. That's actually one of the better ones but trying to find this exposed me to some things)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's absolutely stupid because that NDA clause should have finished the moment Square started advertising the game with their voices.

You don't see companies releasing trailers for animated movies and then keep the cast list completely secret from everyone. These people have recorded lines, Square and Disney have used their voices for promotion. I want them to be more transparent and release a list but the last time they released a VA list for Kingdom Hearts it didn't even include Jason Dohring who was voicing one of the playable characters! (and man did the Staff write terrible articles back in those days holy crap. That's actually one of the better ones but trying to find this exposed me to some things)

You expect too much from the company that won't even reveal the English cast of a game releasing in three months and has been marketed with this same cast since last year but we know a majority of the mocap artists from the game's film lol and the French VAs.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You expect too much from the company that won't even reveal the English cast of a game releasing in three months and has been marketed with this same cast since last year but we know a majority of the mocap artists from the game's film lol and the French VAs.
I'm so so so pissed that the 4 French VA's for FFXV sat down and had a 20 minute video chat about the game but we don't know who the fuck is voicing Noctis in English

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Nice to see they got a (relatively) younger voice actor for Gula, seems appropriate for the role and it's always neat to hear fresh talent given an opportunity to headline in a high profile release.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Man, this is really left field, getting a Disney Channel actor involved with Kingdom Hearts. I like it. Now I'm really hoping for Sofia Carson to play Skuld.

On another note, is it just me, or are they revealing voice actors in relevance of importance to the X Back Cover narrative? Master Invi and Gula had the least amount of lives in X Back Cover.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
AH! I'm not even in Leopardus, but for some reason I love Gula so much. Listened to some voice clips just now, interesting interesting

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
don't forgot he also in the disney series bunk'd as well and what the chancers is that ava is a disney channel actor

[video=youtube;pbW3Si0SR44]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbW3Si0SR44[/video]

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
SOFIA CARSON AS SKULD. DO IT SE/DISNEY. Sofia has such a unique voice, so I'd die if it happened.

Y'know if they are going with Disney talent.

On another note, is it just me, or are they revealing voice actors in relevance of importance to the X Back Cover narrative? Master Invi and Gula had the least amount of lives in X Back Cover.

Nobody is revealing them. People are just finding the information today.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Always happy to see fresh talent. :)

I'm so so so pissed that the 4 French VA's for FFXV sat down and had a 20 minute video chat about the game but we don't know who the diddly is voicing Noctis in English
Wait, what?! That's not fair! ;A;

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Now I'm waiting for that Gibbs guy to see these posts, get the wrong idea, and swoop in, hollering about how he wants Sofia the First in KH3.

Man, this is really left field, getting a Disney Channel actor involved with Kingdom Hearts. I like it. Now I'm really hoping for Sofia Carson to play Skuld.
It doesn't really seem that "left field" to me. We've had everything from original Disney voice talent to pop singers to the "I See Dead People" kid to diddlying Christopher Lee and Leonard Nimoy involved with this franchise, so what makes a Disney channel guy so unusual?

Awards
Now I'm waiting for that Gibbs guy to see these posts, get the wrong idea, and swoop in, hollering about how he wants Sofia the First in KH3.
"SOFIA TEH FURST WOULD BE PERFECT WHY ISN'T NOMURA LISTENING TO ME SHE CAN EVEN DEFEAT THE FINAL BOSS AND GET HER OWN KEYTHINGWHATEVER"

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
tumblr_mizircHKFq1s6vufto2_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back