• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► ::Karaoke Lesson::

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rael Ultima

So this is my competition, eh, kao-chan?;) It looks like this is going to be close...... I'll be waiting for your next chapter! And you know where to find my fic!

kao-chan

: : k a o r i k u : :
Holding Riku's heart. A love that can never be tak
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Yay a cookie giver! ^^
Oh, I found your story, Saku-chan! ^^ Im only on the third chap but im gonna give a comment anyway! XD
Im reading your fic too ultima <3 I hope that the better fic wins! best of wishes. ill submit a comment soon.

Here is the last part to this chapter. It's short, too. sorry. But it can get confusing since i put anime lyrics in it XD
All thanx for the lyrics goes to Azumanga Daioh. I put those in italics with out quotation marks ^^

Chapter 1.3

Coming home, I was worn out. Kairi and Sora dragged me on dozens of rides and forced me to listen to ‘’magical musicals’’.

I had fun though.

Like I said. There was nothing I loved more than hanging out with my friends.

The sun had just set and the three of us decided to walk along the beach.

“Thanks for the wonderful time, guys.” Kairi said holding her sandals.
I could tell she had a good time. She never stopped smiling once the entire time. I wanted to reach over. Wrap my arm around her waist and smile with her.

But all I could do was smile and be happy that we were friends.
“I’ll see you guys back at the beach house. I want to stay here and…well, I just want to stay.”

I knew Kairi was standing there. And I knew she was going to try and convince me to keep going.
“I’ll be okay!” I convinced her.
“Just go!”

It made me happy that she was so worried about me.

I laid on the beach and watched the night sky. I hated nights like these. The stars weren’t out and the moon was nowhere to be seen. Gentle breezes brought on by the ocean blew my hair into my face. I sighed deeply. Holding back my tears that suddenly came out of no where. Trying to tell myself that it wasn’t my fault before I blamed it on myself again. The reason why I do not believe in love. The reasons why I decided to give up all hope.

Carry the wings in your heart
Tell my heart's soft whispers
Now, the wind carries them

“Don’t worry, Riku.”
I heard her voice say
Was that her singing? Surely it was my music.

My heart's wish is beyond the heavens
My heart's wish will be granted
Love's key is the future

The voice continued singing. It sounded very much like Kairi’s. So soft and gentle.

“Everything will be okay. I know. I dreamt about it. ” Kairi was standing over me. Looking down at me. She had the most beautiful smile on her face this night. She walked over beside me and sat down. She fixed her gaze onto the moonless horizon.

“Riku. don’t give up. Ever. Okay? In my dream. I had. I had three days ago.” She looked down at her hands. She fiddled at a seashell with nervousness. I wanted to sit up. To look her in the eyes and ask questions. A dream? About me?

But I couldn’t move my body. I lay motionless trying with all my might to do anything. Say something! But I couldn’t. I could only see her lips moving as she talked. Her fingers move as she struggled to get her message through to me.

A voice is calling softly at the window
And a vision of love appears
Even though it is still far away
Believe in tomorrow
Believe in your feelings

She sung again. No. It wasn’t her singing. It didn’t come from her! That wasn’t her voice.
“If only I could MOVE!” I yelled out at the top of my lungs.

And I did.

My eyes opened and my body did as I wanted.

I jumped to my feet. I looked to my left and again to my right. Kairi was nowhere in sight. My head throbbed so hard with pain. It was only a dream. But so real.

What did Kairi mean?
“Carry the wings in your heart……Love’s key is the future……even though it is still far away……” I repeated to myself. Trying to understand the song from the mysterious voice.

I wanted to scream. Yell. What the hell did this….dream mean!?

“Whose voice is calling softly!???”
Are you sure you want to know?

Gah, yeah, thought id throw some confusion in there. I'll clear it up, of course. I just want my readers to think. "WTH did all that just mean". XD

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
I have to say I love your writing,
but I am so annoyed by all the fics surrounding Kairi/Sora/Riku...
(despite the fact that z lot of fics are...)

However, your writing makes up for it!
I can't wait to read more!

kao-chan

Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Okay. I will UPDATE right now
I must say that I am having fun with this story
And I had so much fun writing this chapter! ^^ ...hehe...
Which is the first of chapter 2!

The plot is deep. Remember the girl from chapter 1.2. Once things get more obvious I'll share some of my thoughts while prewriting this story <3

Extra Talk: When naming chapters, I try to give them names that kind of reflect what happens in the chapter and what you might see someone name a song. In fact, the story title has some importance, but im not sure whether that'll be a big one or small one. Okay, enough talking. On with the new chapter!_______________________________

Chapter 2.1
Song: Two Moons in One Sky

I woke up ready to explode the next morning. After that weird experience on the beach, I ran home. To ask Kairi if she was there talking to me.

I know it was a dream. But she has been acting weird lately.

Seeing your two best friends have sex on a fake leather sofa, especially when you have feelings for one, isn’t the ideal greeting for coming back ‘’home‘’.

I felt so embarrassed then.
I wanted to quickly get out of the house before anyone woke up.

Didn’t happen.

I opened the door to my bedroom, and Kairi was standing right outside my door. She almost socked me in my face as well. Maybe times like these is the one time you don’t want people to knock.
“What do you want?” I said and grumbled
“Well, I-”

“Never mind. Just be quiet. Mr. Awai gave us money to buy groceries, and someone has to do so. Please, I just want to get ready and go.” I started to close the door. The delight in closing the door in her face, after what she did to me last night, was extreme.

“Please, let me talk about last night!” I closed the door even faster. Just for a loud sound effect. I turned and walked to the closet. I almost felt bad for slamming the door in her face.

But…not really.

Then I heard her voice rise up between the wooden barrier. It was quivering and sounded sad.
“ I want to talk about….what happened on the beach.” She said.
I knew she was crying now.

It’s not that I didn’t want to talk. Just. Not right now. I needed a way to get out of the room. Without using the door. I slipped on a pair of black pants and a black white beater. My dad always picked on me and told me I dressed like a girl.

Sure, whatever.

Today I looked like a Goth. Not to far from how I felt. I even had a silver chain on the side of my pants and some black fingerless gloves to match. Autumn was almost here so the weather wasn’t as hot as it usually was. I sprayed on some cologne and ran my fingers through my hair to ruffle it up a bit. I never comb it. I walked into the bathroom to rinse my face a bit. Maybe if she heard water running I wouldn’t have to jump from a second story window.

Two bright green orbs under a layer of silver hair stared back at me. It was almost as if they weren’t even mine. So much sadness emanated from them. It was hard to look at myself. And my thoughts were crashed once again when Kairi started knocking on my door for the second time.

I started to let her in.

Maybe, she’d come on to me and cry on my shoulder and become The Damsel in Distress. And then, together, we’d take a little rub-a-dub-dub in my tub.

I must have laughed really loud at that one, because Kairi asked me what was I laughing at.

“Hey. What’s so funny? Riku Hakumei, open the door now!”
“Oh, nothing.” I said and gave into her command.

Now. What the hell do you want
“Now. What did you want to talk about?”

She started to stutter before giving up and throwing me one of those all-knowing smiles.
“Just wanted to see if you were okay. And, you are! Why don’t you go out today and relax, onii-chan.”

She had a light smile on her face now. And her cheeks were beginning to flush.

“Onii-chan…we’re best friends, right?”
She walked up to me and looked up. She was holding my arms, and I could see her about to cry. Her lips were quivering as she held back her tears.

It took all the strength I had not to kiss her. So many times There were that I dreamt about my lips meeting her supple flesh.

“I’m so sorry onii-chan!” She said and threw her head into my chest. I could feel my shirt starting to dampen.
“If only things had been different. I’m so sorry. I really am.”

I placed my fingers in her hair and wrapped my other arm around her. I held her tight. Close to me. I always wanted to hold her like this. I could feel all my sadness melt away. And tears, tears of joy, found its way out of my eyes.

“Kairi…..”

“When you were five. You’re father, he…..”
My…my father…..
“He didn’t know what to do. He knew you were going to be heartbroken. Other things have already happened and-”
“My mother was the only one whoever loved me.”
“Onii-chan, that isn’t true!”
“Yes it is! You, or anyone else can’t tell me differently!”
“It wasn’t his fault.”
“……..So, what. Does that make me the mistake?”
“No onii-chan….don’t you remember? Do you remember even a little bit?”
“Remember what?”
“………………………….”

Kairi didn’t say anything after that. She gave me the biggest hug, then stared me in the eyes once again.

“In my dream, someone appeared to me. They told me about your past. They told m a lot….onii-chan. don’t be afraid to remember.”
“remember what!”
“…….She told me I couldn’t tell you.”

And with that, Kairi ran off down the stairs. She didn’t look back either.

Yeah and that's the end. For now. Remember that Riku is 16 in this story. So he isnt the most innocent thinking guy around. :rolleyes:
I think this is my favorite chapter so far ^^
Not only because Riku has a few perverted thoughts (<3) in this chapter. But it reveals alot (not all) about why he is so angsty.
And there's lots of dialouge between him and Kairi. This chapter kind of outlines how close they are as well.

By the way, i'm wondering what you're thinking Saku-chan <3

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Same here...
I can't wait to see what it was...

Maybe he was abused! *Happy Thoughts*!

kao-chan

Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Im glad you all liked it <3
I actually edited it from what it was. Had something else in mind...but then I thought that'd be too mean for Riku to do. And it didnt quite fit. XD

I'll update later this week (probably in the next 2 or 3 days).
I love all of chapter two. Cant wait to post up 2.1 and 2.2 XD

....I had alot of perverted thoughts writing this story XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back