• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kanye West declares himself new 'King of Pop'

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
But I thought he was a gay fish.

Los Angeles, CA – With tributes continuing to pour in for Michael Jackson questions about his life, his death, and his legacy also continue to mount. It is unlikely that the first two topics will ever be covered to full satisfaction but the latter is a different story entirely. Though Jackson hadn’t produced much music in the last fifteen years, and his
most influential for more than twenty, his influence and standing in the musical and cultural world are unmatched. With his death now sinking in as a reality fans and the music industry are looking for a successor to his throne, and one man feels he has found it.

Since he first burst onto the scene in 2004 Kanye West has been one of the most influential and best-selling music artists in the world. With such smashes as ‘Jesus Walks’, ‘Gold Digger’, and ‘Flashing Lights’, West’s impact on the music scene has been enormous. Though hugely popular, few would compare his success to the success Michael Jackson enjoyed in his early days. Amongst those few is West himself who has declared himself the successor to Jackson’s legacy and the new ‘King of Pop’.

“You know everyone loves and respects Michael but times change. It’s so sad to see Michael gone but it makes a path for a new King of Pop and I’m willing to take that on. There’s nobody who can match me in sales and in
respect so it only makes sense for me to take over Michael’s crown and become the new King,” said West. “First there was Elvis, then there was Michael, now in the 21st century its Kanye’s time to rule. I have nothing but respect for Michael but someone needs to pick up where he left off and there’s nobody better than me to do that. I am the new King of Pop.”

Jackson earned the nickname ‘King of Pop’ after a comment from Elizabeth Taylor. Officially there is no monarchy for music of any kind and hence no line of succession.

“Monarchies can pass to non-blood relatives but only in very rare circumstances. In the case of musical monarchies it is really just a marketing title and has nothing to do with a ruling class or managing people or organizational structures. There really isn’t a need to declare anyone else the new King because it isn’t a real position but I guess if West wants to claim the title then all power to him,” said Scrape TV Entertainment analyst Tracey Temple. “It is a little soon to claim that title and that may irritate a few people. It’s not like the people will revolt and the kingdom will collapse if someone isn’t right there to pick up the sceptre and continue the rule. I’m sure the Jackson family won’t be too happy with the news.”

West has reportedly tried to make contact with members of the Jackson clan to obtain official permission to use the title but has thus far received no response. It is believed the family is mourning the death of their loved one and have given little thought to the line of succession.

“We’ll have to wait and see what Jackson’s will shows about who he felt should take
over for him but that of course may not be legally binding. In traditional monarchies if someone other than the first born is to take over then the King or Queen has to make that clear and have it written out. In the case of these kinds of informal ruling classes there aren’t any hard and fast rules and that may become one of the many legal issues that will have to be worked out,” continued Temple. “Of course the question then becomes whether or not Kanye West is deserving of the title and what kind of ruler he will be. It’s unlikely that he will follow Jackson’s type of career path but he is well on his way to his own form of eccentricity which accompanies many monarchs. In that respect he may follow Jackson, though musically that is a different question entirely.”

West made his declaration in an all caps statement issued to all major media outlets.

After Jackson death Kanye West declares himself new King of Pop / Scrape TV - The World on your side

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
The best bit was this

a homosexual cod said:
"There’s nobody who can match me in sales and in
respect so it only makes sense for me to take over Michael’s crown and become the new King,”

So...breaded must equal genius?

Match him in respect?

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Kanye+Gay+Fish.jpg

Stick to your real title Kanye.

K

kingdomfighter5

thats pretty messed up.... i dont think you can declare yourself king of pop shouldnt there be some kinda vote at least between pop stars?

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
yes, we should install install a feudal system of lords and kings in the music business

Reifon

He's a rapper he's not even a pop artist. Lol the failure coming from him is humongous.I lol'd at the fact that all the news and entertainment reporters were getting all butthurt that Kanye decided to claim the title.

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
He's good but he's nowhere near being close to MJ's level.

King of Pop my ass, he's more like the Court Jester of Pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back