• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kaleidoscope Orchestra releases orchestra remix of "Face My Fears" from KINGDOM HEARTS 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Under the Sony Masterworks label, Kaleidoscope Orchestra has released a brand new orchestral remix of "Face My Fears" by Hikaru Utada, Skrillex, and Poo Bear. Fans can stream or purchase it from Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music, iTunes Store, Amazon Music, or Pandora right now.

Kaleidoscope Orchestra is a musical collective that strives to bridge the gap between musical genres by taking classical instruments and using them to play dance, trance, dubstep, and other forms of modern electric beats. Established in 2011, Kaleidoscope Orchestra was founded by Manchester University graduates, Steve Pycroft and David Tagg-Oram and quickly attracted the attention of music enthusiasts around the web after their Skrillex Orchestral Suite went viral. They have gone on to make tons of endorsed musical reinterpretations and tributes for Pendulum, Avicii, Major Lazer, and other well-known artists. 

Sony Masterworks is a classical, jass, and broadway music label under Sony Music Entertainment. The self-proclaimed genre-fluid label plays host to a variety of recordings from artists like Yo-Yo Ma, Billy Porter, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Joshua Bell, Vladimir Horowitz, and Eugene Ormandy.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With YouKingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I can't stop listening, it's so good.

Gotta give Sony props for doing this stuff for KH lately, between this and KHVR using Project Destati's cover.

Neo_

Awards
This is what it should've sounded like! I imagine whoever arranged this puked at what the original sounded like.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This is what it should've sounded like! I imagine whoever arranged this puked at what the original sounded like.

Yeah, this was a WAAAAAY better rendition with a lot of love and a definite understanding of how to translate electric music to orchestral instruments.

Last edited:

Obiewantsanipod

It's surprisingly refreshing, I like this.

Someone ought to tell Face My Fears, I'm pretty sure they've been looking forward to this.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
OMFG THIS IS GIVING ME LIFE!!!! I CONSIDER THIS THE OFFICIAL VERSION!!!!!! I LOVED IT!

Amadeus

Awards
I don't even remember what the KHO version sounded like.... I enjoyed it in the moment, but this arrangement is in a whole other ballpark. I adore it, especially the flute solos! Gotta be proud of my instrument, especially when it shines in KH music! ♥

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't even remember what the KHO version sounded like.... I enjoyed it in the moment, but this arrangement is in a whole other ballpark. I adore it, especially the flute solos! Gotta be proud of my instrument, especially when it shines in KH music! ♥

I just remember that it was a cacophony of sounds that made it hard to discern what part of the song they were playing until it got to the /let me face let me face let me face my fears/ part.

The KHO version absolutely pales in comparison to this one, and I’m so glad Sony made it happen. It definitely should be considered the de-facto orchestral arrangement of “Face My Fears”

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I just remember that it was a cacophony of sounds that made it hard to discern what part of the song they were playing until it got to the /let me face let me face let me face my fears/ part.

The KHO version absolutely pales in comparison to this one, and I’m so glad Sony made it happen. It definitely should be considered the de-facto orchestral arrangement of “Face My Fears”
I liked the KHO version of it, but it felt too slow and... "safe"? Like they didn't want to explore different sounds to match the electronic sounds of the original. I dunno. I mean I still loved the KHO version. I think I would love any version of Face My Fears lol.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
They need to use this for the ReMIND intro. The orchestra version SCREAMS Kingdom Hearts.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Unpopular opinion: I thought it was too cluttered in the arrangement.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
They need to use this for the ReMIND intro. The orchestra version SCREAMS Kingdom Hearts.
I was thinking that they left Face My Fears off the official KHO soundtrack because they would put an improved/finalized version as the credits music for ReMIND's extra chapter or whatever.

Back