• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi's letter

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CuStArD LuVeR

I AM THE ONE AND ONLY
Do you guys think that Kairi's letter, which was originally in KH1's credit music video, which is a lot better than KH2's one, was supposed to be used for something else? I thought it was going to be used by the voice who guided Sora in KH1, and barely came out in KH2. I didn't really like the ending part where Sora read the letter, the qoutes should've been used for something else.

Deinstar

Gunblade Master
i remember the quote exactly and yeah i thought they were going to use it for something else.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Kairi's letter was the branching theme to KH2 much like DD and ASAS >_>

The simple thought of repetion reflected on her action in KH that conveyed the message in her letter. Though she wrote it in KH2 the idea was already written in stone of how kh2 was going to be. That same letter was already on the beach in DD when the two unknowns spoke. She only wrote the letter so she could remember sora and find him again one day. Its not rocket science, just common sense and paying attention to obvious stuff >_>.

FinalSora14

I liked how they used it in the game. It was used to make the bridge which lead sora nad riku back to the islands cause they wanted to be reuntited with kairi.

Ivyprincesofhart

Hanging from the bottom of the bottom when the bot
Website
www.fanfiction.net
MasterofDarkOblivion said:
I think that letter had Kairi's connection to Sora's heart.

Hm, same here. "Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end; and hope that our hearts will blend. Now, I will step forward to realize this wish. And who knows, starting a new journey may not be so hard. Or maybe it's already begun. There are many worlds, but they share the same sky. One sky; one destiny. I know some of you won' t believe this, but most of that was from memory. But back on topic, MDO, yeah; I'd say you're right.

PrincessoftheKey

Website
www.freewebs.com
Spoilers.

Yeah, I liked how the letter was used. I don't like how some other quotes were used, though. Like, "This time, I'll fight." I imagined it said much more deeply in a different scenario, not like it was with Kairi running with a Keyblade. And "We'll go together"? I thought it meant Riku and someone else searching for Sora or something, but it was used at the end for the door to the light.

I'm not disappointed, it was just used differently than I expected...

EDIT: Yes, it was Kairi's connection to Sora's heart. I know some of you dislike Sora x Kairiness, but it's hinted throughout KH I, II, and CoM (remember when Namine said "There's another girl, and she's your light."?) that Sora loves Kairi, and that was pretty much almost guarenteed when the letter arrived (Riku knew it was for Sora) and when they did that slow motion close up of Kairi in the ending as Sora swims towards her (right before Donald and Goofy tackle-hug Sora XD) with her hair blowing in the wind. Total cliche XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back