• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi's Keyblade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

okhi12

Awards
She can summon it because she became a potential wielder when she touched Aqua's keyblade. How Riku found it is still a mystery.
The closest thing to an explanation given by Nomura wasn't even an explanation at all.
Referring to Riku's and Kairi's keyblades, Nomura said in Director's Secret Report XIII
that "something not fully explained, outside the usual method of acquirement, is going on here."
Now it's obvious that he was talking about the bequeathing ceremony that would later be shown in Birth By Sleep, but that does not explain where Kairi's keyblade came from or how Riku found it.
Neither it was explained how Riku developed Way to Dawn, we only know that Soul eater acted as an intermediary.

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards
She can summon it because she became a potential wielder when she touched Aqua's keyblade. How Riku found it is still a mystery.
The closest thing to an explanation given by Nomura wasn't even an explanation at all.
Referring to Riku's and Kairi's keyblades, Nomura said in Director's Secret Report XIII
that "something not fully explained, outside the usual method of acquirement, is going on here."
Now it's obvious that he was talking about the bequeathing ceremony that would later be shown in Birth By Sleep, but that does not explain where Kairi's keyblade came from or how Riku found it.
Neither it was explained how Riku developed Way to Dawn, we only know that Soul eater acted as an intermediary.
Or explain why Rikus keyblade has the master of masters eye though I guess through the combination with Ansem?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It's possible Riku got it the same place Yen Sid got his and Mickey's replacements. A store called 'Keyblades-R-Us' You get a discount if you've opened your heart to darkness and still got a Keyblade afterwords.

In all seriousness we don't know where he got it.

Foxycian

Awards
Knowing Nomura (similar to shirtless Mickey situation) he will likely explain it later

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards
From what I learn there's more then one way to obtain a keyblade as this article states

Director's Secret Report XIII, p. 28; Tetsuya Nomura: "There isn't just one Keyblade for the side of light and one for darkness. There are as many Keyblades in existence as there are hearts qualified to wield them. At this stage, the only requirement that has been made clear is that someone must have a "strong heart", but there are other requirements that haven't been spelled out yet which I plan to reveal another time when I have the chance. Riku's Way to the Dawn and the Keyblade Kairi wields are of the same nature as Sora's Keyblade. However, what with one having developed with the Soul Eater as intermediary and one having been handed to Kairi by Riku, I would like you to think that something not fully explained, outside the usual method of acquirement, is going on here." Translation via Goldpanner.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
From what I learn there's more then one way to obtain a keyblade as this article states

Director's Secret Report XIII, p. 28; Tetsuya Nomura: "There isn't just one Keyblade for the side of light and one for darkness. There are as many Keyblades in existence as there are hearts qualified to wield them. At this stage, the only requirement that has been made clear is that someone must have a "strong heart", but there are other requirements that haven't been spelled out yet which I plan to reveal another time when I have the chance. Riku's Way to the Dawn and the Keyblade Kairi wields are of the same nature as Sora's Keyblade. However, what with one having developed with the Soul Eater as intermediary and one having been handed to Kairi by Riku, I would like you to think that something not fully explained, outside the usual method of acquirement, is going on here." Translation via Goldpanner.

a.k.a. I have no explanation for it, so give me time to bs my way through it, if I even would.

Lol.

Zetsumei

Awards
The story that I'm going with right now, is that Kairi's keyblade is actually Aqua's keyblade and Riku found it in the Realm of Darkness. Remember that Aqua lost her keyblade when she was in the Realm of Darkness for 10 years, and she was using Eraqus's Keyblade for all of KH3.

In BBS, Aqua gets the Destiny's Embrace keychain after Kairi touches her keyblade. So when Riku handed it to Kairi in KH2, it took on that form.

In the Limitcut episode, Aqua has her Rainfell keyblade back. This is probably because Kairi gave it back to her since she didn't need it anymore since she was going to be asleep for a year.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Some forum members theorized that the flash of light that destroyed the horde of heartless attacking her was her Keyblade materializing. Riku then merely handing it to her.

On a side note I've always hated the design Destiny's Embrace. Since Riku got a Keyblade change in KH3 I'm hoping the same happens for Kairi at some point

Soldier

Awards
The story that I'm going with right now, is that Kairi's keyblade is actually Aqua's keyblade and Riku found it in the Realm of Darkness. Remember that Aqua lost her keyblade when she was in the Realm of Darkness for 10 years, and she was using Eraqus's Keyblade for all of KH3.

In BBS, Aqua gets the Destiny's Embrace keychain after Kairi touches her keyblade. So when Riku handed it to Kairi in KH2, it took on that form.

In the Limitcut episode, Aqua has her Rainfell keyblade back. This is probably because Kairi gave it back to her since she didn't need it anymore since she was going to be asleep for a year.
COUNTERARGUMENT: Aqua sacrificed both the Rainfell and her armor at the end of BBS's final episode, sending it and Terra-Xehanort into the realm of light. The keyblade would remain with the discarded armor for 10 years, where it would sit in the chamber of repose in ansem's secret lab. Xemnas routinely would venture down there to converse with the armor.
Point being: Aqua's keyblade isn't used by Kairi at any point.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
This is a different situation kinda, but it shouldn't be impossible for Riku to give Kairi a Keyblade when...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The question is where he got the Keyblade? Could Mickey have passed it on to him? I don't know.

Soldier

Awards
This is a different situation kinda, but it shouldn't be impossible for Riku to give Kairi a Keyblade when...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The question is where he got the Keyblade? Could Mickey have passed it on to him? I don't know.
The same place Lea got his sea salt ice cream that he shared with Kairi, out of his hammer space, stored right next to Link's iron boots, and every item Samus gets on her adventures.

Zetsumei

Awards
COUNTERARGUMENT: Aqua sacrificed both the Rainfell and her armor at the end of BBS's final episode, sending it and Terra-Xehanort into the realm of light. The keyblade would remain with the discarded armor for 10 years, where it would sit in the chamber of repose in ansem's secret lab. Xemnas routinely would venture down there to converse with the armor.
Point being: Aqua's keyblade isn't used by Kairi at any point.

Looking back over the BBS scenes, yes that's correct. Actually Aqua's keyblade came to be in the possession of Ansem the Wise after he found Terranort in Radiant Garden. So while the detail of finding it in the Realm of Darkness would be incorrect, I still stand by my statement that Kairi was using Aqua's keyblade. The scene with Xemnas in the Chamber of Repose shows us where the keyblade was located, and we know Riku was tracking the movements of the Organization during KH2. So I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that Riku could have found the Chamber and recovered the Keyblade before handing it to Kairi in KH2.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
Looking back over the BBS scenes, yes that's correct. Actually Aqua's keyblade came to be in the possession of Ansem the Wise after he found Terranort in Radiant Garden. So while the detail of finding it in the Realm of Darkness would be incorrect, I still stand by my statement that Kairi was using Aqua's keyblade. The scene with Xemnas in the Chamber of Repose shows us where the keyblade was located, and we know Riku was tracking the movements of the Organization during KH2. So I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that Riku could have found the Chamber and recovered the Keyblade before handing it to Kairi in KH2.
Then how did he get the disk? It's in Xemnas's possession at all times and presumably after the session is finished he draws it back in his sleeve. It stands to reason that not even Riku would be able to come across another disk, let alone purloin it from Xemnas's possession without invoking his wrath. We know that new keyblades can coexist with the original one that was bequeathed (Terra's ends of the earth doesn't disappear because the kingdom key or the way to the dawn exists).

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I subscribe to the theory that Riku merely helped her summon her keyblade from within. Sorta like how Sora pulled Riku's out unintentionally when he gave himself to darkness.

If we believe that every heart is a mini Kingdom Hearts, then every heart also has its own special key. Whether you can call it forth to use as a weapon depends on the strength of your heart. If Kairi already met the requirements to have one and it was just a matter of yanking it out to be used, I dunno. I can see Riku doing how. How he knew to do that, who knows. Maybe it really did just appear and then Riku handed it to her.

Platinum End

So in KH 1, was riku weapon the soul eater count as a keyblade? Or was soul eater a random weapon like the organization 13

Back