• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

kairis grandmother

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards
nomura has already stated after the production of kh2 was complete that the legend that kairis grandmother tells her in kh1 is important to the future story line
Maybe because the story is somewhat repeating itself through the course of Kingdom Hearts?
Then again, I don't know the story offhand, so I can't really give examples. History repeats itself though, no?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
XI - Concerning the keyword Keyblade War, could you be a little more specific about that? Could it be related to the "Fairytale of Children and Light" that Kairi's Grandmother told?(footnote: In Kingdom Heats, Sora experienced Kairi's memories. It was the scene when Kairi's Grandmother told her an old story when she was still young. It was about when worlds were swallowed by darkness, children used the power of fragments of light to rebuild worlds.)

To tell the story about the Keyblade War we need the capacity of hi-spec hardware and we need to accumulate all of our knowledge on this hardware. And in telling this story, we will need to tell it in separate episodes, and how specifically to tell it has yet to be figured out.

As for the fairytale that Kairi heard, for everyone to feel like such and old fairytale is real, I think we need a little more time. That is to say, to talk specifically about either this soon might perhaps be irrelevant.

There's still this:

Also, Kairi’s grandmother tells her a story about “the world once perishing and being recreated by the light of the children.” Is this “world recreated by the Light of the children” in fact referring to all the worlds in the game?

Nomura: Yes, that’s right. But that story wasn’t history, it was a fairy tale. It doesn’t mean that story equals the world’s history precisely. Although, there is a certain degree of overlapping.

What I gather: there is some truth in it, but the fairy tale isn't exactly what happened by far, and I'm still not fully convinced that it has anything to do with the keyblade war.

V

V.A.T.13

^ yea that too. But I think it will have something to do with KH3. ;'D

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards
foreshadowing? /r/ typed version of the story plz.
your /r/ is my demand:

Long ago, people lived in peace, bathed in the warmth of light. Everyone loved the light. Then people began to fight over it. They wanted to keep it for themselves. And darkness was born in their hearts. The darkness spread, swallowing the light and many peoples hearts. It covered everything, and the world disappeared. But small fragments of light survived...in the hearts of children. With these fragments of light, children rebuilt the lost world. Its the world we live in now. But the true light sleeps, deep within the darkness. Thats why the worlds are still scattered, divided from each other. But someday, a door to the innermost darkness will open. And the true light will return. So, listen, child. Even in the deepest darkness, there will always be a light to guide you. Believe in the light, and the darkness will never defeat you. Your heart will shine with its power and push the darkness away.

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards
^ f*ck no .

;~; you're not a very friendly person, anyone ever tell you that? [/off topic] >_>

Reading the story, I don't think there is any way people can infer she's talking about the Keyblade War at all. There's no mention of Knights or keyblades for that matter... I think that ties everything up neatly.

V

V.A.T.13

Of course I'm not a nice person.

But anyway, it sounds more like something that happened a lil before BBS, but perhaps forshadowing KH3.

Riku Fan1415

;~; you're not a very friendly person, anyone ever tell you that? [/off topic] >_>

Reading the story, I don't think there is any way people can infer she's talking about the Keyblade War at all. There's no mention of Knights or keyblades for that matter... I think that ties everything up neatly.

Actually, the "fighting over the light" could relate to Master Xehanort, who wants the light for his own purposes, and the 3 Keyblade Wielders, who try to stop him. Aqua could very well be Kairi's mother (nice one, whoever suggested that) which would explain how Kairi is able to wield a Keyblade. It would also explain how Kairi's grandmother knows all this because her daughter (Kairi's mother) is a Keyblade wielder. As for the children bit, it doesn't have to be literal, she could be saying how children are less likely to turn evil (it's true, children are more innocent than adults =D)

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Actually, the "fighting over the light" could relate to Master Xehanort, who wants the light for his own purposes,

As if someone like MX would care for such a thing. He's so much like XH, and all he cared about was darkness. He thought of light as a pitiful, useless power, and I find it unlikely that MX would think otherwise.

and the 3 Keyblade Wielders, who try to stop him.

Too few people.

Aqua could very well be Kairi's mother (nice one, whoever suggested that) which would explain how Kairi is able to wield a Keyblade.

Epic phail:

1. Family relations in KH=lame.

2. Aqua is around, oh, 16-19 at the time of BBS. Kairi is already born and is 4. Teenage pregnancy=awkward.

It would also explain how Kairi's grandmother knows all this because her daughter (Kairi's mother) is a Keyblade wielder.

Bah, one has nothing to do with the other. That story was probably not talking about the keyblade war, and it most certainly wasn't talking about BBS.

Xehanort: 17

She's describing people fighting over light, darkness rising as a result, the worlds spliting, being reformed by children.

who are these children... maybe Terra, aqua n ven.
what you just said about the worlds spliting n being reformed isn't that whats happnin with sora, riku n kairi.

maybe history is repeatin itself. what do you think?

Which is the beggining of time itself, way before BBS begins
are you sure? n how do you know it's in the begining of time?

Her story is talking about something that a LONG time before BBS
No it didn't... her story is about BBS and what happend during that time to the worlds and how the children used the poweR of light to restore the worlds.

I still don't see how one has anything to do with the other.
Keyblade WaR, Keyblade, Kingdom hearts, Hearts, LighT, Dark -
WarrioRs of the Keyblade... Keyblade MasteRs.

i don't know... try findn the answeR!

Soren

Awards
As if someone like MX would care for such a thing. He's so much like XH, and all he cared about was darkness. He thought of light as a pitiful, useless power, and I find it unlikely that MX would think otherwise.

Xehanort had no memory of who he was, right? Maybe he changes his viewpoint due to his amnesia.

Too few people.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that would be an issue. Especially considering the worlds were saved by three people in the first game.

1. Family relations in KH=lame.

The idea of family relations in KH is not lame. It just hasn't been done often.

2. Aqua is around, oh, 16-19 at the time of BBS. Kairi is already born and is 4. Teenage pregnancy=awkward.

If that is the case, then did it ever occur to you guys that they might be sisters? Or maybe cousins?

Bah, one has nothing to do with the other. That story was probably not talking about the keyblade war, and it most certainly wasn't talking about BBS.

Actually, we still don't know WHAT the story is about. So the theory that her grandma's story was about that might be plausible. After all, if it were about "the beginning of time", Why would there be any fighting involved?

And another thing, how do we know that this story is literal? Maybe the "light" and "darkness" are just symbols used to represent emotions. Such as "light=love, hope" or "darkness=hate, despair, jealousy". Then again, the "light" could be an object of value that causes people to give birth to their own "darkness" in search of it.

...idk. I'm just puttin in my 2 cents.

Infinite Complex

I'll be waiting....
fading into the background of history.....
Actually I wouldn't be surprised if that were true. There are many things in this game that aren't as they seem. Considering that we don't know much about Kairi's grandmother she might have a bigger role to play. I don't believe that she just told Kairi a nice little fairy tale about the children and the worlds and such. I think that Kairi's grandmother knows more than just a few fairy tales even if she isn't Aqua as someone mentioned earlier.
TRUE BUT I HAVE A new theory: that's not kiaris grandmother, i mean she(kiari) dosn't ever call her grandmother.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
are you sure? n how do you know it's in the begining of time?

I find that a little unlikely...the KH universe would be very young.

No it didn't...

Yes it did.

her story is about BBS

No it's not.

and what happend during that time to the worlds and how the children used the poweR of light to restore the worlds.

All of which likely happened before BBS. And in any case, the story still isn't actual history, and shouldn't be taken literally.

Xehanort had no memory of who he was, right? Maybe he changes his viewpoint due to his amnesia.

Perhaps, but I don't consider that likely, just from looking at MX...

I SERIOUSLY doubt that would be an issue. Especially considering the worlds were saved by three people in the first game.

It makes it sound like a lot of people.

The idea of family relations in KH is not lame.

Says you. It's cliché, overdone, boring.

It just hasn't been done often.

And that's a good thing.

If that is the case, then did it ever occur to you guys that they might be sisters? Or maybe cousins?

That's really the only family relation I see happening at all...

Actually, we still don't know WHAT the story is about.

It's definitely not about BBS.

So the theory that her grandma's story was about that might be plausible.

No it's not. She's obviously describing something that happened way before BBS.

After all, if it were about "the beginning of time", Why would there be any fighting involved?

Don't see the relevance of this.

And another thing, how do we know that this story is literal?

Exactly. It's NOT.

Maybe the "light" and "darkness" are just symbols used to represent emotions. Such as "light=love, hope" or "darkness=hate, despair, jealousy". Then again, the "light" could be an object of value that causes people to give birth to their own "darkness" in search of it.

I still find it unlikely that BBS has anything to do with that story, or that MX would be seeking it.

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
Kairi's grandmothers story couldn't possibly be directly about BBS, as Nomura barely knew what was going to happen in Kh2 when making Kh1, let alone BBS. And yes, family relations in Kh would NOT be good. Hades said it all. Especially the cliche part. And Kh has always been unpredictable, why would it change now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back