• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

kairis grandmother

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
And if I might add one more thing, Aqua probably won't have any connection to Kairi.

...so the fact that Aqua=latin for water, and Kairi=derived from "sea/ocean" in japanese was just so she could have a cool name, o_O?

I tend to notice that some of Nomura's characters sometimes share facial features. An example of wich would be the big Zack looks like Terra who looks like Cloud discussion a while back.

Eh, true.

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
Tis a good thing VAT sent me those old interviews, they come in handy for these kind of situations:

Meaning you guys shouldn't be taking the story word for word. There might be SOME truth in it, but that's not really how it went down.

watch....kairi's grandmama is lying to her and is really evil
SHE IS MX!!! dun dun dun!!!!

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
...so the fact that Aqua=latin for water, and Kairi=derived from "sea/ocean" in japanese was just so she could have a cool name, o_O?

I was talking about in relation to the story HD. There have been a few posts that I've read overthe past year said that Aqua and Kairi might be related since they look similar. I'm saying that even though they look similar, they are unrelated. The fact that their names mean the same thing would mean little, if anything, in relation to the story.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
we know bbs is happening in the past, but we don't really know that it's 10 years into the past, it could be 90 years into the past, I have a theory: kairi's grandmther was aqua when she was younger.

It's been confirmed in an interview that it takes place ten years in the past. I don't have it myself, but if you look back a couple pages, you'll probably be able to find it.

UrbanQuattrus

Also, we should keep in mind that Kairi's grandmother was telling a story to a 5-year-old. If any of you have a 5-year-old niece or daughter, or whatever, and she asks where the world came from, are you going to launch into a detailed, literal explanation of the big bang, particle physics, gravity, contemporary theories about light and dark matter, and other such complexities that many adult experts still don't fully understand? Chances are, you'd probably realize this would go over the kid's head and she'd just lose interest, anyway, so you're probably going to tell her a fancy tale instead; save the science for when she grows up. Grandma's story should be taken with a grain of salt.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
maybe kairi's grandmother isn't as old as she seems...

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if that were true. There are many things in this game that aren't as they seem. Considering that we don't know much about Kairi's grandmother she might have a bigger role to play. I don't believe that she just told Kairi a nice little fairy tale about the children and the worlds and such. I think that Kairi's grandmother knows more than just a few fairy tales even if she isn't Aqua as someone mentioned earlier. I think she knows more about the KH universe that she just didn't tell Kairi. Especially since Kairi was so young at the time.:)

Ultima Fenrir

Bronze Member
I'm saying that even though they look similar, they are unrelated. The fact that their names mean the same thing would mean little, if anything, in relation to the story.

That's a bold statement. How do you explain the rest of the connections besides aqua to kairi. How about Terra to Riku and Ven to Sora? They each mean similar things or parts of a whole category. In my opinion they are all connected in certain ways, of which I don't want to go through right now, but if they have nothing to do with Kairi, Riku, and Sora what is their purpose.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
That's a bold statement. How do you explain the rest of the connections besides aqua to kairi. How about Terra to Riku and Ven to Sora? They each mean similar things or parts of a whole category. In my opinion they are all connected in certain ways, of which I don't want to go through right now, but if they have nothing to do with Kairi, Riku, and Sora what is their purpose.

You do realize that you are only picking the easy pairings, don't you? Kairi is pretty much a secondary character in KH. Hate me if you must, but it's true. A major theme of KH up until now has revolved around Riku and Sora's relationshp. Terra and Ven have been getting the most speculation, making most people theorize about their relationship to Sora and Riku. Any informaiton about Aqua we have right now is pretty vague. There has been no hint, in game or otherwise, that there are any connections between these two female characters in relations to the story.

Cases differ depending on how you look at it. It's mearly a matter choosing a certain case and stating your opiniion. I mearly presented my arguement for the case of Aqua and Kairi, saying that there won't be a relation between them in the game's context. You can't just assume that the six of them have some type of conection to onr another.

Here are a couple examples: if you go by L.S.'s dialog in FM+, you could determine that Terra has a connection to Riku because he choose him, not Sora, to weild a Keyblade. Like wise, one could argue that there is a connection between Sora and Ven because Ven is identical to Roxas, Sora's Nobody, While another could argue that other than appearance, there is no relation(Please remember, I'm talking about in context of the game only. Names don't matter in context to the game until we hear Sora say "Hey! your name means the same thing as mine!" To Ven)

Now, try to find a connection between Riku and Ven. Or Sora and Aqua. Or Riku and Aqua. These match ups are harder, since there aren't any direct similarities. Even if you would make a connection, it would probably be very abstract and unbelievable,ending in it being dismissed quickly.

I'm not saying that there aren't any connections between these characters. I'm saying I think that some of them are connected while others aren't until information has been brought forth to prove otherwise. If I have ever indicated that I think that all these characters are unrelated, then I apoligize. But I plan on standing by what I said until said information is revealed.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Um...
You say she knows about the Knights, but how do YOU know that, nothing has or had ever been officially said about the Grandmother knowing anything about the Knights!

Kairiangel

Ok Kairi's grandma told her the story of the three knights at the time of birth by sleep and they do go Hollow Bastion (as said it was in the trailer) so the knights could of met her OR she had seen what had happened.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I don't get why so many of you think her story has ANYTHING to do with the knights. At the time she's telling that story, BBS is about to begin, is already happening, or has just ended. She's describing something that happened at the beggining of time itself.

akasonic18

Well if Kairi was little when her grandmother, then BBS probably takes place at the same time. So maybe the story she's talking about has to do when MX was younger, I don't know.

Xehanort: 17

how does kairis grandmother no so much about the knights
C'mon man isn't it obivious, Kairi's GrandmotheR was there when the keyblade waR happend.

If you remembR birth by sleep takes place 10 years before kingdom hearts. so i think she was there.
what do you think?

I don't get why so many of you think her story has ANYTHING to do with the knights.
Hadesdragon... i thought you would know. first off what is kairi's grandmothers story all about?....... THE KEYBLADE WAR!!

In a waR the people who fight R either soldieRs or knights. so assuming since birth by sleep took place 10 yrs before kh, the knights where the ones who fought in that waR.
It makes more sence to have knights fight the battle.

My friend just think about it... Let me help! [KEYBLADE WAR] - [KNIGHTS].
what do you think?

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Hadesdragon... i thought you would know. first off what is kairi's grandmothers story all about?....... THE KEYBLADE WAR!!

No. She's describing people fighting over light, darkness rising as a result, the worlds spliting, being reformed by children. Which is the beggining of time itself, way before BBS begins.

In a waR the people who fight R either soldieRs or knights. so assuming since birth by sleep took place 10 yrs before kh, the knights where the ones who fought in that waR.
It makes more sence to have knights fight the battle.

Look. Her story is talking about something that a LONG time before BBS, and BBS is not too far from when Kairi's grandma told her that story, so there's no way it's what she's talking about.

My friend just think about it... Let me help! [KEYBLADE WAR] - [KNIGHTS].
what do you think?

I still don't see how one has anything to do with the other.

V

V.A.T.13

What Nomu says about that fairy tale:

XI - Concerning the keyword Keyblade War, could you be a little more specific about that? Could it be related to the "Fairytale of Children and Light" that Kairi's Grandmother told?(footnote: In Kingdom Heats, Sora experienced Kairi's memories. It was the scene when Kairi's Grandmother told her an old story when she was still young. It was about when worlds were swallowed by darkness, children used the power of fragments of light to rebuild worlds.)

To tell the story about the Keyblade War we need the capacity of hi-spec hardware and we need to accumulate all of our knowledge on this hardware. And in telling this story, we will need to tell it in separate episodes, and how specifically to tell it has yet to be figured out.

As for the fairytale that Kairi heard, for everyone to feel like such and old fairytale is real, I think we need a little more time. That is to say, to talk specifically about either this soon might perhaps be irrelevant.
There.

I'm not saying that there aren't any connections between these characters. I'm saying I think that some of them are connected while others aren't until information has been brought forth to prove otherwise. If I have ever indicated that I think that all these characters are unrelated, then I apoligize. But I plan on standing by what I said until said information is revealed.

Well, in recent interviews, Nomura had said that they're names are connected together with earth, sky, and sea and plus Aqua looks like an older Kairi with blue hair so, I think thats enough right there. :/ I agree that females in KH haven't had big roles, but hopefully it's because there is something big about them that we don't know yet and may come as an un-expected surprise later. For instance, the 14th member he said is a key character in the DS game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back