• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi4KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
A thread that I'm making (inspired by the Kairi movement over on Tumblr) for anyone who wants to post any stories, videos, or art pertaining to Kairi here.

This is in the hope that maybe together, we can make a big enough splash to get Square Enix's attention and let them know we want more of this girl.

So feel free to add any and every pro-Kairi thing that you can find, guys;)

Also, I would've put this in the Kairi fanclub, but since this is a bit more of a specifically focused thing I didn't?

But IDK. If it's a problem, mods, feel free to move this there.

But anyway, to kick things off, here's a little Kairi drabble that I wrote the other day:)

Her hands are folded over her heart, as Saïx summons a gust of wind to send her away and Kairi fears.

It isn’t in fear of what she thinks is going to happen to her that she does so. No, it’s not that at all.

Riku steps in at just the right time to push her back, so that she ends up behind the newly awakening force-field, after all.

What Kairi dreads is the fact that Destiny’s Embrace had begun responding to her apprehension–and had nearly materialized in her hand–and she doesn’t know what she would’ve done if it had.

For the past several minutes now, she’s been ready to fight any monsters that might get between her and her friends–and she even has bested a few of them–but now Kairi is beginning to wonder if the Nobodies are even truly monsters at all.

That awful man, that Saïx–who had held her captive just to enact some sort of terrible plan through Sora–is fighting against the King’s men and Kairi’s best friend valiantly, and his claymore glints in the flames of the moon–the way that Axel’s own edged chakrams had lit up when he’d been trying to get her back to Sora in his regret.

These don’t at all seem like the actions of someone who doesn’t have a heart… and so Kairi begins regretting thinking of trying to take Saïx on barehanded before.

Something about this entire situation… doesn’t sit well with the Princess of Heart and this feeling of her own is later validated, when she ends up in the graveyard for most of the members of Organization XIII:

They had all thrown their lives away so recklessly, but for what?

Anyway, back in the present, Kairi prays and tries to hold back the darkness that exists with Saïx’s powers over the void.

If she can help Sora in this one way, then she’ll wait for him for a thousand lifetimes in payment for that gift if she has to.

Thankfully, it isn’t long before Sora, Donald, and Goofy return to Riku and Kairi as the victors.

And Kairi wants to make sure that Sora is alright, the way that she just had after his battle with Luxord, but she’s cut off as Sora begins questioning things, too.

Riku, as always, is quick to fill in what his two lazy-bone friends are too slow to get–and so through him Kairi ends up learning that Roxas is Sora’s Nobody.

Likewise, she begins seeing just who Naminé might have been–and if that’s the case, then Kairi doesn’t at all like what she thinks must have happened to that nice girl she’d met amidst a sea of confusion.

“…It was when you came to rescue me, remember?” Kairi interrupts Riku only once during his spiel, and it is to make sure that Sora knows just when Roxas had come into existence.

She had been somewhat cruel to him before, Kairi now realizes with a frown on her face–as she’d desperately tried to get Sora’s name out of him, and hadn’t really even given his own life much of a passing thought at all–and so she now wants Roxas within Sora to know that if she wasn’t listening to him back then, she most certainly is now.

Riku recounts his tale about facing Roxas in order to help Sora wake up (something that Kairi can really only guess the details about), and she feels herself sympathizing with Roxas and Riku both.

Roxas, because the path he walked was too heartbreaking a one. And Riku, because Kairi understands just how hard it must have been for him to give himself over to the darkness again… after it had such long-reaching consequences when he had kindly done the same thing for her.

Riku ends his story, and it’s like all the friends gathered have been pulled out of a trance, as they go back to mulling things over and prepare to go find the King and this DiZ now.

When Sora ends up talking to her before they head back through the door, Kairi acts annoyed that she got left out through all of these adventures and demands that Sora tell her all about it later.

But the girl’s somewhat acting here, so that Sora and Riku won’t have to worry about her strength or morale in this location of the enemy’s.

However… Kairi’s resolve is slipping. She really doesn’t know what to do or believe about this turn of events anymore.

And though she can feel her Keyblade, that was inspired by both of her homes, tugging at her heart, Kairi doesn’t want to wield it just yet:

Not until she’s certain she won’t be harming those who maybe do exist and have some sort of emotion after all.

DefiantHeart

Awards
Hmm, interesting. Though honestly I doubt our words even reach Square... they seem to mostly do what they want, lol. XD Well, I was thinking of maybe posting a pic of my fan series; "Alt Kairi". Alt short for showing this Kairi came from another dimension, where all her friends died and she's the last Princess of Heart, fighting to save everyone from the darkness, as she's the only one left whom can wield a keyblade. I have two versions of her; one that I plan to cosplay as someday, and the other which would be how she would appear in the series. Would chu be interested in seeing it?

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
Hmm, interesting. Though honestly I doubt our words even reach Square... they seem to mostly do what they want, lol. XD Well, I was thinking of maybe posting a pic of my fan series; "Alt Kairi". Alt short for showing this Kairi came from another dimension, where all her friends died and she's the last Princess of Heart, fighting to save everyone from the darkness, as she's the only one left whom can wield a keyblade. I have two versions of her; one that I plan to cosplay as someday, and the other which would be how she would appear in the series. Would chu be interested in seeing it?

Are you kidding, friend? I'd love to see that! The concept seems absolutely amazing. And stuff like that is totally up my alley:D

It reminds me a bit of what ArcadiaSilver was saying on Tumblr once, in thinking how an AU where being a Princess of Heart is a terrible fate (and like being a Magical Girl in Madoka) would be amazing, and it sounds like that's what your ideas are similar to!

Feel free to post on here. I'm not holding you back^^

In fact, I'll probably obsess over this idea for eons now because of you. It's SO smart.^_^

DefiantHeart

Awards
Are you kidding, friend? I'd love to see that! The concept seems absolutely amazing. And stuff like that is totally up my alley:D

It reminds me a bit of what ArcadiaSilver was saying on Tumblr once, in thinking how an AU where being a Princess of Heart is a terrible fate (and like being a Magical Girl in Madoka) would be amazing, and it sounds like that's what your ideas are similar to!

Feel free to post on here. I'm not holding you back^^

In fact, I'll probably obsess over this idea for eons now because of you. It's SO smart.^_^

Heh thanks, that last quote is probably the nicest one I've ever got in this forum. XD Well, I've had my gallery posted for two days now with no comments, so it's been discouraging and I was just thinking of taking it down today and deleting the two drawings. The drawing of alt Kairi is in my second picture on that gallery. It's called Pakonitan's doodles and is on this same forum page. Very disheartening honestly... I was thinking of giving up on drawing again for another year...

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
lighti im with you i that kari need more devlopment but i dont want it to be luna situation though

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
lighti im with you i that kari need more devlopment but i dont want it to be luna situation though

The "Luna situation"? What do you mean by that exactly?:)

Anyway, I can't believe I'm posting this. It's something I wrote the other day--when I should've been sleeping, but realized that since I made this thread I should probably contribute stuff to it.

This little drabble is weird, and I know that it is (don't expect anything great from it; seriously), and I blame my sleep deprivation at the time for that. (Also NaNoWriMo that I was doing then kicking my butt, and leaving me with no ideas when I tried to do this.)

But here it is, anyway.

I'll probably end up explaining things about it eventually, but right now I'm too tired to.

I will say that it's a love letter to a lot of Kairi fanfictions I've read over the years, though: In that I took a lot of elements from those (such as the idea that Kairi's Keyblade isn't a "true" one, and is somewhat less powerful than other ones) and combined them together to make this.

Yeah...

(Also, please keep in mind that I only read through this once. So if there are mistakes at all, and there probably are, that's your reason as to why.)

Kairi was running up a scaffolding—in some random world she hadn’t even been able to figure out at all, since landing on it.

All she knew was that Sora had turned into Anti-Form—and had told her to get away right before that—and now she was being hunted down by her dearest friend.

Kairi wanted to cry, but didn’t.

Ever since she’d gotten her Keyblade from Master Yen Sid, she’d been trying her best to be stronger—but what did that even matter now, if she was going to be killed by the person most precious to her in the world?

She made it up to a red door, and began pulling at it with all her might.

The Princess of Heart would’ve liked to use Destiny’s Embrace to simply unlock it—but she had found out she wasn’t a true Keyblade wielder, and thus couldn’t use her blade in that way like everyone else could.

And now- now she was going to die for it, because Sora when he was in this form—given over completely to the darkness—wanted to destroy all light, and there were only a few who had as pure a heart as she did.

Breathing heavily, Kairi slid down to her knees in an almost panic attack and nearly gave up.

It was raining too hard for her to get enough friction to kick the door down, for one thing—or to climb up onto the roof—so what even were her options at this point?

This alley was a dead end, and Kairi knew that if she went back the way that she had come, she’d just reach Anti-Sora sooner.

So maybe the best bet was just patiently waiting for her end to come.

Kairi reached into her right pocket and held onto her lucky charm for just a moment—wishing that Sora had never given it back to her, because maybe if he hadn’t… Maybe things wouldn’t have ended up like this.

But before Kairi could even give her pity party any more thought, that monster who had replaced Sora was suddenly in front of her.

Having finally figured out where she’d gone, it seemed, he’d teleported to her location—with a sound effect like a recording of a baby crying, but in reverse—and was now hanging on the roof above her by his foot.

He gazed into Kairi’s eyes with yellow ones that still somehow looked far too human to be fair, and then he was gripping his nails into her shoulders—Kairi bit back a cry of pain here—and threw her to the ground.

She was able to land pretty well—something that the Princess of Heart knew that she owed Riku, in his attempts to show her how to get back to her feet if she was ever dethroned—but that hardly made this situation any better.

But summoning Destiny’s Embrace to hand, Kairi decided that she was no longer going to sit idly back and let destiny make decisions for her—not when Xehanort had already acted so strongly to change it—and so she would fight, if for no other reason than the fact she’d seen through this beast’s eyes to Sora’s soul for just one instance.

“Sora, I know you’re in there! You just have to let Donald and Goofy go, and you’ll revert back to nor- Just let me get near a body of water, so that I can get a message out to Riku and he’ll-”

But this version of Sora must not have liked that idea very much, for he growled at Kairi, before summoning some sort of dark aura in his hands that he seemed ready to hurtle at the girl’s heart.

She was ready for him.

The sphere sped her way almost faster than she could blink, all the while that Anti-Sora charged at Kairi for good measure, and she did the only spell she could think of that could handle both those things.

“Force!”

Her gravity spell—that expanded from the tip of her Keyblade, the way that she thought rings might have extended from that ‘Saturn’ near Stitch’s world—caught Sora’s own ebony attack in its grasp, and silenced it with its stronger power.

And even better: Anti-Sora was flattened to the ground—much like an actual Shadow, ironically—so that Kairi could head away from him.

She was back onto the busy street she’d just come from—where there was a large incline, and some sort of red… train going up it?—and a certain dark-skinned family was going about the business of buying some sort of disco ball, before disappearing into a restaurant.

Kairi absolutely despised the idea of hiding amidst these civilians, but she also didn’t know what else to do:

She couldn’t defeat Sora in a fair fight with her inferior Keyblade (nor did she want to)… and he wasn’t turning back for whatever reason, and Kairi understood that the worlds needed her as their light.

So that meant blending in until she could get some help, maybe?

Kairi could only hope that in this baser form of his, Sora wouldn’t be able to sense her light and find her that way.

Deciding that she really didn’t have a moment to lose, she went into the restaurant that had just caught her attention, and focused on the disco ball the one girl was still holding.

Goofy had told Kairi about them on some down-time, and now the Princess wondered if seeing it would get Goofy to wake up inside of Sora—so that all three of that trio could get out of their failed attempt at Final Form.

“Excuse me,” Kairi muttered, going up to what she assumed to be the counter, while she somewhat absentmindedly admired the bright nook to the far right of the room.

Oh, how Kairi hoped Sora wouldn’t figure out that a beacon would choose to go somewhere with a spacious window that showed the sun.

“Do you mind- do you mind if I look at that disco ball of yours? It’s just that I’ve never seen one in real life before. And I’ll- I’ll buy some coconut ice cream for your troubles, please.”

The raven-skinned and haired girl chewed on some gum for a moment, seeming to mull the question over, before relenting and handing the object to Kairi.

“Yeah, girl. I mean, what kind of salesperson would I be if I didn’t take you up on that offer? Just keep in mind that some weird things have happened to a few of my friends who’ve handled that thing,” she finished off with a small, crooked smile.

And as if to prove what the woman was saying was true, what looked like her brother—who’d been hanging up a banner on a step stool—fell down, as he somewhat turned to look at the disco ball himself.

Kairi looked at the little boy in sympathy—before cradling the sphere to her chest and wishing that she was actually doing that to Sora’s head, as she somehow healed him.

The moment Kairi got a good look at the ball glistening in the setting sun, sensed that there really was great power here.

Something was stirring within Kairi now. A latent ability that she’d never truly known that she had, but she supposed made sense that she did.

And now- now it was seeming to intensify.

“You know, Riku has changed.”

“I don’t like the feel of this place. It’s almost like... a graveyard.”

Did this- did this piece of memorabilia give one psychic abilities?

Kairi was certainly starting to think so.

She was seeing some sort of vision now—where her nightmare was put to an end, and Sora was saying he’d given into rage in learning Xehanort had changed his fate of giving her flowers.

And at the knowledge of this, Kairi felt her heart positively aching.

Oh, Sora. He had turned into Anti-Form over her? And over something so trivial?

“Umm… Ma’am,” the young woman was speaking again, whilst she helped her brother up, but also shot him a look. “Are you alright? You look like you maybe have a splitting headache, and-”

“I’m fine!” Kairi quickly waved away the concern, as she made sure to keep her hands from touching anywhere near her forehead now, lest she worry anyone else that she had a headache. “It’s just- I think my sugar’s low,” Kairi lied. “So if you don’t mind me, I’ll take the ice cream now and bid you adieu.”

And after giving munny to the kind shop owner, Kairi downed the ice cream in one swallow, as if it were a drink—and honestly, it was one of the best things she’d ever had—and decided that she was going to find Sora and end this already.

All the while that she looked for the dead-end alley that she’d just come from, Kairi thanked Yen Sid for teaching her how to blend in with other worlds’ locals, so that she wouldn’t butcher her attempts at subterfuge like Sora and Riku always did.

“Sora,” Kairi called out to her friend now, suddenly having much more faith that everything was going to be okay, in seeing the love that sister had in caring for her brother after his spill.

Surely she could do the same thing for Sora, and lead him home that way.

“I’m not going to cower anymore, but I’m not going to battle you, either. If Aqua thinks her lucky charms has pulls over her friends, then surely mine has a tie to you and can be enough to help free you from-”

But she’d spoken too soon.

Kairi was now getting pulled to wherever Sora was, against her will, and she figured that this was the “warp” technique that Aqua had been telling her about before, and that didn’t bode well at all.

Kairi rose up the disco ball in her hands to try and block the purple light with it—all the while that she saw a flash of Xehanort losing an idol he’d loved, and much more—and she wondered if she got close enough to Sora, if this could give him the same abilities and temporarily overwhelm him with it.

And the moment she did have it hover inside of Sora, he began to retch some, but it was really Kairi’s talking to Goofy that ended up allowing Anti-Form’s strings to begin to be cut.

“Goofy,” the Princess spoke—while she dodged Sora’s attempts to claw at her face, and prepared to whack him on the head with Destiny’s Embrace in her other hand, if it became necessary. “I know you’re in there. And I imagine that you were trying to help Sora with his issues before, so he wouldn’t turn into this… And you must have been so sad that you couldn’t get through to him.

“But I’m telling you that you can break through his defenses now, so please put your faith in me and save your son.”

And that seemed to do the trick.

Kairi could see Goofy through Anti-Form now—and he was reaching for her and getting closer and closer to her, until finally there was a flash of light that didn’t blind Kairi for once, and Sora, Donald, and Goofy appeared through it.

Almost instantly, Kairi found herself in Donald and Goofy’s arms, as they thanked her for what she’d done’ and she giggled as Donald kissed her on the cheek and Goofy spun her around.

Kairi couldn’t help noticing, though, that Sora hung back and seemed pretty upset.

She frowned.

Seeming to note this, Donald and Goofy quickly vacated the premises—but not before giving her encouraging pats on the back—and left her and Sora alone.

It was still drizzling outside, and Kairi worried that Sora would catch a cold if he remained content in staying out like he currently was.

“Sora,” Kairi said, as she took in the image of the happiest person she’d ever known slumping over, with his hands tucked in his pockets as he looked away from her. “It’s fine. I’m fine. It wasn’t your fault.”

The brunet didn’t end up denying the words, but Kairi could still tell that he didn’t exactly agree with them, either.

But knowing it was best to not let this turn into an argument, Kairi decided that she would just let Sora vent if he needed to.

And surprisingly enough, that didn’t end up being the route that he took at all.

Instead, the Keyblade Master smirked at the redhead once, before coming over to wipe some blood off of her cheek.

Kairi hadn’t even realized the stain had gotten there.

“All of this, ‘cause I freaked out in realizing Xehanort changed my destiny about giving you flowers. What a life, huh?”

Kairi grinned, and she felt pretty girly as she did so—leaning her forehead against Sora’s, and breathing in his familiar scent and the knowledge that he was okay, and everything.

Regretfully pulling away eventually, but still keeping Sora’s hand in her own, Kairi replied with, “Well, don’t beat yourself up too much. I might not have gotten a bouquet, but I got this pretty disco ball right here—that I got to see your nice eyes reflected in—so that’s almost enough.”

At that particular comment, Sora took the said thing away from Kairi and examined it.

Then, he put it against his chest and held it there like it was a long-lost friend that had saved him.

Tugging on Kairi’s hand once, Sora began leading her to where needle-like raindrops were falling into a fountain in a way that she loved so much, and uttered, “Let’s go. Riku’s probably wondering why we didn’t meet the rendezvous place yet, and I need ta tell ‘im how well you handle yourself in fighting now! You were amazing, Kairi!”

“Yeah, let’s go!”

And the two of them ran off towards their other best buddies, fully smiling again—holding the new artifact behind them, that they had no idea would be the key to their victory against Xehanort.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
trust me you dont want to know happned to luna in ffxv i saw spoiler that should hear about but as for kairi i want to kh3 to kairi time and be stronger then aqua

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
the only thing nomura can do for kairi in kh3 is make her depend on herself and not othes make me belive why she princess of light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back