• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Or they could do a FFXIII style party system, where you control the person that is the most relevant to the plot at that point in the game, until later where you can freely switch around team members, including who leads and you play as.

If they use an actual party system I hope it starts of with Sora/Riku , with Kairi/Lea being a seperate story arc untill they join up later (in FFXIII terms, think Lightning/Hope and Sazh/Vanille), and then, in order, Aqua, Ven, Roxas, (perhaps Namine), Xion and then, post-storyline, since he's a darkness, Terra.
I left out Donald and Goofy on purpose since I don't see em being very helpful anymore in the next games.

wow I wish I though f that. The final fantasy 13 format would work well. However sora of course wuold have the longest periods of gameplay times. I doubt aqua and ven would join our parties. There too powerful, and I don't want a nerfed memeber tagging along, like we had riku in at the end of kh2. Depenind on what point we bring them back mabey we can have short solo adventures with them before everone reunites.

Roxas... doesn't seem sad or regretful. He was content. Can they bring him back if he doesn't want to come back?

Awards
Remember though: She is a Princess of Heart, and that's kind of what MX is after.

Okay, I'm going to sound like an idiot here probably, but did I completely misinterpret how the end went? ;~;

Well, just in regards to this, I mean. I thought MX told Mickey and the others to put together 7 gaurdians of light in order to serve as the representatives of light to square off against his representative of the darkness, and that Yen Sid noted that if they decided not to comply so they didn't have to fight, he'd go after the princesses instead.

So on a scale from 1 to 10, I'm about a -5 on understanding it?

Roxas... doesn't seem sad or regretful. He was content. Can they bring him back if he doesn't want to come back?
Being content with what he is doesn't mean he wouldn't be happy to get the chance to come back.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm under the impression MX will probably target both GoL & PoH, that's the easiest way to get the X-Blade he desires. That kind of makes Kairi a target for two different reasons.

On the Roxas note, he more seemed to have excepted it then wanted it. Also I think he yearns to be back with his friends.

Awards
I figure he'll go after the Gaurdians since they'll fight back and don't they need to fight to make the X-blade? Although the princesses being a back-up plan would work out somehow.

I dunno, maybe I missed something.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
After rewatching the Secret ending I'm not sure if MX is after them to plunge the world in darkness or to create the X-Blade. If it were the first it would kind of force the GoL to form to protect the princesses. If it were the latter would he try and repeat the Vanitas Ventus expirament?
But honestly I'm not sure anymore, if I understood what exactly MX is planning. Just know Kairi will be involved ether way, which is good enough for me.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Hmm what slightly puzzles me is that Kairi appears to be a Princess of Heart and Guardian of Light at the same time because she has the capabilities of wielding a Keyblade. It looks like she may be protecting herself or tagging closely alongside Sora/etc. to avoid danger because she can't really stay at the Islands forever because Master Xehanort would be after her.

Roro

Awards
Hmm what slightly puzzles me is that Kairi appears to be a Princess of Heart and Guardian of Light at the same time because she has the capabilities of wielding a Keyblade. It looks like she may be protecting herself or tagging closely alongside Sora/etc. to avoid danger because she can't really stay at the Islands forever because Master Xehanort would be after her.

I was always under the impression that since she was a princess of heart and now also a guardian of light, she might be on guard duty for the other princesses, now that she has a keyblade she can protect herself and the other princesses if Xehanort goes after them again. Then again that might be a very uninteresting way to utilize her character now that she can wield :p

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Or they could do a FFXIII style party system, where you control the person that is the most relevant to the plot at that point in the game, until later where you can freely switch around team members, including who leads and you play as.

that would actually be awesome, I prefer your idea for better storytelling

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I was always under the impression that since she was a princess of heart and now also a guardian of light, she might be on guard duty for the other princesses, now that she has a keyblade she can protect herself and the other princesses if Xehanort goes after them again. Then again that might be a very uninteresting way to utilize her character now that she can wield :p

That doesn't sound like such a great idea imo. Kairi is just beginning her training and having a novice Keyblader PoH protect other PoH when Xehanort is after them seems like bad planning. At the level she is now there's no way that she can handle Xehanort or any of his cohorts yet. Even if she had someone backing her up it seems rather risky.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Kairi might most likely be busy trying to protect herself and stay close along friends. Kairi may be the most important person concerning both Princesses and Guardians of Light because she has both those qualities. Master Xehanort would have the advantage over two important ideas, whether or not Sora/gang chooses to start a Keyblade War, if he manages to capture her so suddenly. Although of course this is just my speculation.

Decrith

^ Yea, a lot of people are picturing Kairi defending herself, and then Nomura completely catches us off guard with something we won't see coming.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I will lose all hope if Kairi gets kidnapped again.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Big dilemma comes up-

Kairi: "No guys, I need to do this alone."

*ends up needing help*

I can see her trying to do something solo and failing.

Ruran

Awards
I can't see Kairi NOT getting kidnapped again or at least in some big trouble considering that she's still a novice. Not to mention that all the protagonist get in trouble every now and then even when they're far more competent. Hell, Sora had to be saved in 3D and he must be master level now even if he failed the MoM. I actually kind of want to see Kairi try and defend herself only to fail because if done well a situation in which a character is in trouble and finds them selves defenseless can provide excellent character development if they realize their weaknesses and actively try to improve.

Roro

Awards
That doesn't sound like such a great idea imo. Kairi is just beginning her training and having a novice Keyblader PoH protect other PoH when Xehanort is after them seems like bad planning. At the level she is now there's no way that she can handle Xehanort or any of his cohorts yet. Even if she had someone backing her up it seems rather risky.

You're actually right, I can see that becoming a disaster just waiting to happen now, have kairi the novice keyblade wielder protecting all the other princesses, have Xehanort target wherever she's on guard duty with the other PoH's and I can see that ending in PoH's getting captured and having one guardian of light down. Its like a gift wrapped buy one get one free for Xehanort lol.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
...God, she's going to get kidnapped again. I just know it.

Well at least now she can stall for time and hold off captors. She'll prably elude them for a while too. Princess on the run. But if Master xheanort needs her then he will capture her. But in turn it will motivate sora to fight harder and he will get the oathkeeper keyblade again

Ruran

Awards
...God, she's going to get kidnapped again. I just know it.

She probably will considering she's a PoH but in all honesty, I don't mind DiD characters as long as they serve a purpose and it's realistic to the character. Like I mentioned before, a character getting in trouble can provide excellent character development granted that said character is aware is weak and wants to do something about it which Kairi does. She knows she's a liability and that she gets in the way sometimes because she's weak and that why we got the whole "this time, I'll fight!" blah, blah, blah. So long as her being a DiD actually contributes to her character I'm down with it.

Well at least now she can stall for time and hold off captors. She'll prably elude them for a while too. Princess on the run. But if Master xheanort needs her then he will capture her. But in turn it will motivate sora to fight harder and he will get the oathkeeper keyblade again

Speaking of, I think they should move away from Kairi being Sora's "motivation" a bit. I never really bought it and saw it more as a way to keep Kairi's character relevant than it being something that Kairi was needed for.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
Same. I hope at least she can protect herself.

So how is this for you if she HAS to be kidnapped again?

Xehanort sends whatever minions he has (Heartless, Nobodies, maybe even Unversed) after her. She defeats them no problem.
Next, one of the XIII shows up, and let's say if you do control her, this would be a boss fight. After the fight, the other XII shows up and surrounds her.

Is this an idea for a plot you would accept?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back