• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I was referring to more widely conducted polls and not just in one place, but point understood.

It may be a horrible reason, but it's a reason nonetheless.
In any series where the majority of characters are male, there's going to be a large amount of female fans who will ship.

But shipping aside, as mentioned before, it feels like Kairi is being force fed to players.
Suddenly, "WHOOO IMPORTANT".
Out of nowhere.

If they want to make Kairi all included, fine, but is it really necessary to rush things and just shove her into the LAST game of the saga? They might as well just wait until after KH3 when the series gets a new start, where characters can be introduced/reintroduced.

It almost sounds like you're mixing up the popularity of a subject based on lack of awareness.

This is a different case--we all know Kairi exists and that she's there. We've seen her, if only for a little while, some just don't like her based on what they've seen.

Oh my goodness that scene! XD
I squealed a little when I saw and could only nod.

No...no, the thing about hating Kairi because she "gets in the way" is a mad one. If Sora aren't written to be gay then it can't be helped. If Kairi didn't exist that wouldn't mean that they all of a sudden would be sexing it up on the beach. Don't get me wrong though, I'm fine with slash pairings but female characters are never "in the way".

I do agree with you though that she felt very last minute. She's had such little presence since KH2 I was certain they wouldn't try bumping up her importance until after this saga. But as I mentioned earlier I get the feeling they're going the "default" road of using her any way because there's just such little room to properly flesh out her character in KH3.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Even the KH Wiki isn't very trustworthy. If I ever have a problem I'm sending a VM to Sephy

Why, thank you, lol. ^__^

No, no, I'm not saying he's a main character any means. Just that I think he deserves more screentime than Kairi.

And on what basis? Demyx is easily the most useless and unimportant Organisation member, even Hayner, Pence and Olette have more screentime and importance.

And personal bias doesn't count, since if we would go by that the developers would never know which character to put the most focus on because every fan wants their favorite to hog the most spotlight.

why in the world does demyx deserve more screentime than kairi? seriously, explain your thought process there.

That would be in my interest also.
Demyx has absolutely no importance on the main storyline, even in KH2 he was just filler (and highly annoying as well) while in Days all he did was being lazy and a coward leaving Roxas to fend for himself in several missions.

The tutorial of KH3 will be playing as Kairi on the realm of darkness to save Aqua :p

Sora is the one who will save the suffering ones, not Kairi.

Japanlover

Sorry but no. SoRiku (who btw, I ship) is *not canon* so Kairi isn't ruining anything. People need to stop with this reason and make up more valid ones. Seriously.

Shippers need to control themselves and stop hating on female characters for stupid reasons. Half of their ships aren't even canon anyway.

We don't even know how important she's going to be yet. All we know for now is that she's going to get a role. I don't know about you, but I don't really feel like it was forced. She has this keyblade in KH2, she should put it to use. And now she is.

What game to you want her to be included in then? They have to introduce her importance some how and this is the start. It's up to them whether they want to expand on her even more in the saga.

Bless this post. I hate it when shippers blame female characters for being in the way which they are not. If Soriku were canon then Kairi will support it because they are her friends. She is not gonna become a Mary-sue and ruin everything.
Geeze leave Kairi alone!

Ruran

Awards
Bless this post. I hate it shippers blame female characters for being in the way which they are not. If Soriku were canon then Kairi will support it because they are her friends. She is not gonna became a Mary-sue and ruin everything.
Geeze leave every character with a vagina alone!

Fix'd.

That could be said for any female character in a work with other male characters.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Okay... so back onto gameplay please? Feel free to make a shipping wars thread elsewhere

...again. Kairi is a Princess of Heart. She is HOLY MOLEY important to the plot. The entire story revolved around her in Kingdom Hearts.

I lol'd

Zul

Awards
the majority of the fanbase doesn't like her.
Forums are actually a poor way to determine what the majority thinks.

There are 21,000 members at KHI, a small fraction of these are even active at all now, an even smaller fraction are vocal in the KH sections.

KH2 was estimated to have sold a million copies, and is the source for a lot of Kairi hate. Thinking that 1,000,000 million people, or even 500,001 people hate kairi based off the vocal opinions of likely around 100 angry fans is very fallacious thinking.

In any case, the very reason why people claim not to like her is because she doesn't get as much screen time(in which she isn't a damsel in distress).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Since when did this degenerate into a shipping debate?
I have nothing against that or even same sex pairings but leave that out of a thread discussing canon issues. Shipping is for the fanon.

Ruran

Awards
Yes please stop ruining my thread!

If we do play as Kairi, I think her strongest point will be magic.

Probably, though that reminds me of her battle pose. Was it just me or did anyone else find it a awkward? It basically looks like Aqua's but it looks like they couldn't tweak it enough to look unique to Kairi with out making it look weird. I suppose it can be chalked up to her still being new to using a Keyblade.

She will probably evolve to be the Aqua of the SRK trio

Which can happen for better or for worse. Kairi being a mage like Aqua doesn't bother me but I don't want her to turn into Aqua 2.0

Zul

Awards
Square does make an attempt to diversify gameplay with characters. That's why you have 4 characters using a sword in dissidia, yet playing "very" differently.

I imagine they'll have some way to keep her separated from Aqua in gameplay.

Aqua was both melee and magic, Kairi also used melee the first time she used a keyblade. I wouldn't be surprised if magic wasn't her strong point actually.

Youniquee

Awards
Since when did this degenerate into a shipping debate?
I have nothing against that or even same sex pairings but leave that out of a thread discussing canon issues. Shipping is for the fanon.

That's what happens when reasons like that are used for character hate. I let shippers ship but yeah, keep it out of canon stuff please.

On topic!

I would love to see Sora, Riku and Kairi all in one party at one point. That would be nice, seeing the trio fighting together for the first time...like ever.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yes please stop ruining my thread!

If we do play as Kairi, I think her strongest point will be magic.

Wouldn't that turn her just into an Aqua clone?

I also doubt she will be really playable. If KH III will really implement a full party system I can imagine her becoming a selectable party member, but not really the central character the player controls.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Probably, though that reminds me of her battle pose. Was it just me or did anyone else find it a awkward? It basically looks like Aqua's but it looks like they couldn't tweak it enough to look unique to Kairi with out making it look weird. I suppose it can be chalked up to her still being new to using a Keyblade.

Here's the picture for you guys to use for judgment

My_Friends_Are_My_Power!_01_KH3D.png

Japanlover

Oh yes her battle pose. Well it could change in the future as she is training.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Her battle pose is actually different from Aqua's in two points:

1. Kairi uses both hands, Aqua only one.
2. Kairi holds her Keyblade before her body, Aqua holds it behind, similar to Terra.

Ruran

Awards

Yeah, it looks a bit uncomfortable to me. I tried standing it that pose a few times to try and get a feel for it and it's uncomfortable to stand like that and doesn't give much swinging leverage.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, it looks a bit uncomfortable to me. I tried standing it that pose a few times to try and get a feel for it and it's uncomfortable to stand like that and doesn't give much swinging leverage.

Maybe that's because Kairi's fighting style won't include much swinging. She could adopt a style like Count Dooku from Star Wars, with more stabbing and fencing moves instead of swinging and hacking.

From all the battle stances though, Riku's, Terra's, Aqua's and Ventus' look like the most "comfortable".

Youniquee

Awards

I don't think this will be her final battle pose...I mean we only saw this frame for like 1 second. The producers probably just made her have any pose...or did they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back